Sky broadband

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Technology chat.
Back to Forum List.

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:19 Mon 4 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
Anyone got sky broadband? I have read some really bad reviews about it in the past. Is the service getting better?
pool_life
pool_life
11:47 Mon 4 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
I've had it since yesterday Afey.

It's a fast and stable connection as far as i can tell. The engineer had a problem connecting the laptop wirelessly, until after 30 minutes he realized he never used caps lock when entering the wep code...He said he had one days training for this aspect of the job, i mean apart from putting the dishes up.

I would recommend it, but i'll let you know if any problems arise.

Edited at 16:48 Mon 4/06/07 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:48 Mon 4 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
I don't have sky broadband, I have the wireless connection broadband...What bad reviews did you hear about sky broadband?
sm_rat
sm_rat
12:57 Mon 4 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
I have sky broadband - Its not bad, it just gets slow sometimes
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:42 Mon 4 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
i just read that it was maga slow during peak periods and that it was really hard to get a connection to it, and when the connection happened it was slow. What speeds do you get?
pool_life
pool_life
14:10 Mon 4 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
I was on most of last night (Peek period) without any speed reduction. I have the 16 meg option with unlimited downloads, the package below is 40 gigs a month so i'm happy! Of course the fair use policy is in place as per usual.

I gave it a spin with some downloading this afternoon (p2p) and have to say i was very impressed with the speed in that respect. I had five large files on the go and could see it hadn't peaked, and also played pool simutanously whilst still surfing the web on another page.

There are bad news stories with every service provider out there, but it's sometimes good to look for the positives as well. I had a complete nightmare with Orange for example, but i do know people who swear by them.

I'll keep you updated over the next week.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:15 Mon 4 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
Oh right ok I see, well I get 8mbs per second, how about yourself? What internet do you have?

(By the way, i'm not extremely familiar with internet speeds but im pretty sure the speed I mentioned above is what I get, pretty fast, faster than I used to have, my internet is weird though, some days it's so quick some days its extremely slow)

Edited at 19:17 Mon 4/06/07 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:26 Tue 5 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
Well my mate has had sky broadband for about 6 month now and he said it's very good and never had any problems with it so far.
pool_life
pool_life
09:00 Sun 10 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
I've been with them for a week now and still have no problems to report.

Fingers crossed!
cityfan84
cityfan84
10:03 Sun 10 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
my mate has it and has all kinds of probs, always loosing his connection
spinner
spinner
Admin
10:25 Sun 10 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
Connection problems ususally come down to the quality/length of the cable you are connected to.

Some ISP's do suffer a lot of downtime, AOL springs to mind in this respect.

There's are a couple of simple speed tests here : http://www.dslreports.com/stest
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Sky broadband

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Technology chat.
Back to Forum List.