Funkypool/internet.

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Technology chat.
Back to Forum List.

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:51 Fri 8 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
Just a small query from me. I was playing a friendly game today on FunkyPool and I tried to connect to the internet normally but it said Internet explorer could not display this page etc. (my homepage is Funkypool) But as soon I logged out of the game my internet was fine. Any suggestions why this happened?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:53 Fri 8 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
Oh just another thing as well. I'm a reasonably fast typer and can touch type but every time I try to type into the box where you reply into forums it is really slow and often misses out letters. It's not my keyboard or anything because when I type in web addresses in the URL or log into Funkypool it works fine.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:03 Fri 8 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
Sometimes I find the typing thing happens to me, so I normally close the internet page, and then when I come back on it seems to be fine.

Or does it do it all the time for you?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:04 Fri 8 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
I get the 'Internet Explorer Could Not Display The Page' error as well. It normally happens between 4:30pm - 5:00pm on weekdays, the time when most people log in after coming home from school/work etc.

It could be because the server is too busy, and so it starts lagging a bit due to this login rush hour (or half hour ), but I'm not sure. It seems fine after a few minutes though.

P.S. Funkypool isn't my homepage so I don't think that's the problem with yours .
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:56 Fri 8 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
'Internet Explorer Could Not Display The Page'
I Get thats Loads latley !! I put it down to my lappy being wireless...router etc!
Could be what Dan said tho.
flapjack
flapjack
Admin
16:44 Fri 8 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
Ive got an idea why dont you just get mozilla firefox.
just type it in http://google.com
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:44 Fri 8 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
It happens to me all the time. I did have Firefox but that was too laggy in game for some reason so I switched to internet explorer.
spinner
spinner
Admin
19:24 Fri 8 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
Common for firefox.

are you on a wireless connection the_end?

Paula refreshed my memory that this is a very common problem with wireless network interrupts.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
06:29 Sat 9 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
Nope, I haven't got wireless or anything. But as I'm writing this reply it's working fine. Could it just have been a problem with the ISP or something or it being really busy at that time?
spinner
spinner
Admin
07:17 Sat 9 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
Yes it very probably was.

The reliability of connections these days is so good that we often panic wondering whats wrong when its simple the connection gone down for a while.

Overload of the cable/phone system is also a possibility during busy times.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:02 Sat 9 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
it happens to me all the time m8if the funkpool url dunna work go on funkysnooker.com an type com an click on pool game an it shud come on
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:12 Sat 9 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
Could it be that most ISP's dont use fibre optics and it can have an effect on data transfer???
Iam with Virgin media and they use fibre optics and i have never had a problem at home, even in the 'rush hour' period...(it slows down but thats normal)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:16 Sat 9 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
CARL IS FAB!
Cos he won the games we had
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:38 Sat 9 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
justpaula said:
CARL IS FAB!
Cos he won the games we had

women eh??? brains like swiss cheese......

full of holes lol
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Funkypool/internet.

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Technology chat.
Back to Forum List.