itunes + lag?

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Technology chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages:
30_01_90
30_01_90
17:25 Fri 22 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
Is it just my computer that gets lag from listening to music via itunes? when i listen to it through windows media player its fine but itunes makes me lag. Im waderin is this a problem with my itunes and should it need updating or a problem with my computer?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
07:25 Sat 23 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
Not sure but I have iTunes and it takes a while for it to load up and things get a bit laggy while it is. Apart from that I can listen to music and do whatever and it doesn't lag. What version of iTunes do you have?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
06:02 Wed 27 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
I find iTunes is pretty terrible for playing music (I've used it on 4 different computers and it seems to lag/skip on all of them), especially if you're running other programs at the same time. The latest version does seem a bit better from how little I've used it though, so you might want to download it.

Personally, I'd use a different player for listening to music, and just use iTunes for transferring files to your iPod.

Edited at 11:05 Wed 27/06/07 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
08:04 Wed 27 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
what?

itunes never lags on my comp but don't use limewire to listen to music omg its sooooooooo bad
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:23 Wed 27 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
Maybe you're just lucky (or I've been unlucky). It doesn't do it all the time, but it just gets annoying. Like I said though. The newer versions are a lot better, but there are still far better players out there. I don't use it at all now.

I don't use Limewire either, and I generally keep my computer pretty clean too. I do use Soulseek, but I've never got a single bad file from it.

Strangely enough though, iTunes seems to work fine on Macs.

Edited at 14:25 Wed 27/06/07 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:43 Wed 27 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
Never had a problem with iTunes on my computer!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:47 Wed 27 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
I find that it often takes longer than perhaps it should to load up initialy, but after that it's fine just playing music
flapjack
flapjack
Admin
11:04 Wed 27 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
1_eye said:
Never had a problem with iTunes on my computer!

Same here never had a problem.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:09 Wed 27 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
Same here, although I tend to use Windows Media Player more often.
_whatever_
_whatever_
12:03 Wed 27 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
itunes sucks. if uve got an ipod and are forced to use it, only use it to transfer songs onto ur ipod. use media player to listen to music.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:08 Wed 27 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
I find iTunes quicker and easier to use rather than windows media 11, never once had a problem with lag because of it, limewire i'm told hampers your PC to great effect!
_whatever_
_whatever_
12:19 Wed 27 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
where'd the limewire mention come from?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:26 Wed 27 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
Try reading all posts and you will see!
_whatever_
_whatever_
12:34 Wed 27 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
oh. limewires "illegal" anyway. and listening to music in it is a stupid idea.
spinner
spinner
Admin
14:37 Wed 27 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
Limewire is a perfectly legal program. No different to iTunes.

If you want to listen to music illegally, have a look at some bebo pages...

iTunes does conflict with some systems (like mine, it crippled it and caused endless crashes).

All users have to find the software that suits them and their individual setups the best.

If iTunes is causing problems, try media player or winamp.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:17 Thu 28 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
I've been trying the latest version of iTunes and it isn't too bad actually. It isn't going to win me over, but it does seem a lot less buggy than in the past (so far). Makes sense really, since the developers have to switch to .dll-hell. It's always gonna take time to iron out the creases.

Same with the Safari browser, although I like some of the features and it does seem faster than IE and Firefox.
nyc
nyc
03:37 Thu 28 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
itunes is good... i dont no wat u guys are talking about. u probably just need a new computer...
30_01_90
30_01_90
07:38 Thu 28 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
nyc said:
itunes is good... i dont no wat u guys are talking about. u probably just need a new computer...

nope only got it in january and is fine when everything else runs on it (even myself) but really its the only programme which causes me trouble
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:26 Mon 2 Jul 07 (BST)  [Link]  
Mich, Like Bob, i think its just the initial start up of ITunes thats causes a bit of lag then it seems to be fine.

I Find MSN worse for lag..in fact it just sends my lappy loopy
spinner
spinner
Admin
13:28 Mon 2 Jul 07 (BST)  [Link]  
Thats always the first question i ask anyone having lag issues "are you running MSN messenger?"

Most problems are solved simply by shutting it down.

Apple are getting a bad name generally in the software world. The issues with iTunes are well known, as are those with quicktime (which seems even more virus like than ever) and now the disaster that is safari.

Methink's its time they called it a day
Pages:
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

itunes + lag?

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Technology chat.
Back to Forum List.