need help with lag

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Technology chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages:
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
08:39 Mon 9 Jul 07 (BST)  [Link]  
can someone give me some advise about lag, i recently in_stalled the norton anti virus onto my pc which then made my pc run slow, so on friday of last week {6th july} i un in_stalled it and my pc run really well, when on funkypool i had no lag then all of a sudden on sunday i came onto f/pool and the lag was unreal im ok when browsing but when i go to enter game i have problems, during games i hardly play a shot because of the interference.
since un in_stalling nortong i have done nothing else to my pc so why have i got really bad lag all of a sudden ?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:34 Mon 9 Jul 07 (BST)  [Link]  
Only thing i could say, dont use norton. Use something else.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:04 Mon 9 Jul 07 (BST)  [Link]  
have took off already m8, done that on friday all was great, didnt play saturday just chatted in gen chat sat morn, went to play sunday the lag was so bad had trouble as soon as i entered game and pc was freezing on me, i just dont, no feel like chucking pc out the window lol
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:16 Mon 9 Jul 07 (BST)  [Link]  
defrag your p.c mate, could work, worth a try!

if not im sure spinner will sort you out, just ask him.

Edited at 21:17 Mon 9/07/07 (BST)
spinner
spinner
Admin
16:32 Mon 9 Jul 07 (BST)  [Link]  
Ok, un-installing Norton was a good move, but not installing something else (assuming you didn't) was a bad one!

My reccomendation would be to install AVG antivirus (see this thread http://www.funkypool.com/viewTopic.do?topicid=10520 )

Do a full system scan and see what happens. I fyou're still having problems then get back to us. We'll sort it in no time
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
04:55 Tue 10 Jul 07 (BST)  [Link]  
hi spinner, have in_stalled avg, then done scan, re-started pc all seems ok at the moment, thank you for your help mate, if i get any more problems i will leave a post on here.
thanks again mate
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:22 Tue 10 Jul 07 (BST)  [Link]  
the lags back, played in uk torny at 11,o clock was ok for a whle got to quarters then the lag started, went off line came back on just after 4 played in 8ball torny had lag in every game ?
spinner
spinner
Admin
17:28 Tue 10 Jul 07 (BST)  [Link]  
What sort of connection are you on?

We are also having reports of problems with a macdonalds advert, did you notice if this was being displayed when you had your problems?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:39 Tue 10 Jul 07 (BST)  [Link]  
spinner im having some serious problems the last few days, its getting abit out of hand, but i can play for a couple of hours without no lag, but when it starts it never stops. And a few people ive spoken to seem to be getting it bad lately.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:32 Tue 10 Jul 07 (BST)  [Link]  
im on broadband spinner, i think it was recently taken over by virgin ? still confused how it could of been ok up to friday, then when i came on to play on sunday it was like this, i have had the odd problem with the adds before but it was not often though, iv just tries to play in a torny again there was no add on screen most of game just a white box but still had the lag nearly every shot.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:34 Wed 11 Jul 07 (BST)  [Link]  
spinner said:
Ok, un-installing Norton was a good move, but not installing something else (assuming you didn't) was a bad one!

My reccomendation would be to install AVG antivirus (see this thread http://www.funkypool.com/viewTopic.do?topicid=10520 )

Do a full system scan and see what happens. I fyou're still having problems then get back to us. We'll sort it in no time

i've got that but every time i turn on my comp it comes up thats its downloading an update should i just cancel it like i've been doing or let it download cause when i do it takes ages
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:26 Wed 11 Jul 07 (BST)  [Link]  
let it do the update pool, when i in-stalled avg yesterday the up-date took 1 half hrs lol
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:05 Wed 11 Jul 07 (BST)  [Link]  
spinner would it help if i re-booted my computer, if so how do i do a back up file for whats saved on pc already.
thanks kev
_psmon_
_psmon_
14:01 Wed 11 Jul 07 (BST)  [Link]  
adidas said:
let it do the update pool, when i in-stalled avg yesterday the up-date took 1 half hrs lol

Bloody hell thats slow! takes me seconds to get the updates.You tried running a can for spyware/adware ?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:06 Wed 11 Jul 07 (BST)  [Link]  
i just give up si, not the same being on here not able to play, have entered 3 or 4 tornys but have lost games to players i shld of not lost to by giving away free shots because of the lag, apart from taking pc to be checked or servised i dont no what to do, cant see how its gone to this when all was ok on friday i also get the lag/interference watching games

Edited at 19:07 Wed 11/07/07 (BST)
_psmon_
_psmon_
14:50 Wed 11 Jul 07 (BST)  [Link]  
You tried checking for spyware/adware mate? i had sim problems not so long ago a run all scans for virusis adware/spyware and used a few clean up programmes aswell.its sorted the job out for me.
great clean up programme.
http://english.ircfast.com/lv/group/view/kl25623/CCleaner.htm
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:02 Wed 11 Jul 07 (BST)  [Link]  
its telling me i need an activation code si ??
spinner
spinner
Admin
15:42 Wed 11 Jul 07 (BST)  [Link]  
You can get the best ad/spy/malware program of all free from microsoft, microsoft defender.

You do have to let AVG update after installing.

I'm assuming you are on a dialup connection?

Should have mentioned it before but you are sure you're not running any kind of P2P filesharing software, or MSN or iTunes on either your pc or any other on your network (if you have one)?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:28 Wed 11 Jul 07 (BST)  [Link]  
you cant get microsofr defender now has been dis-continued, im on broadband not dial up, the onlyy thing which runs with my pc is whilest for my daughters lappy but that should make no difference as it comes from the modem.
everything is ok on pc untill i enter game on funkypool then the interference starts
_psmon_
_psmon_
20:01 Wed 11 Jul 07 (BST)  [Link]  
Pages:
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

need help with lag

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Technology chat.
Back to Forum List.