sorry si this one didnt work either, again wanted me to sign up grrrrrrrrrrrrr
_psmon_
_psmon_
17:35 Thu 12 Jul 07 (BST)  [Link]  
should be free mate
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:48 Thu 12 Jul 07 (BST)  [Link]  
Im screwed now as well....everytime i play a game now I cant hit the ball hard at all, and Im lagging really badly...I've really suffered in uk ranked games lately because of this
spinner
spinner
Admin
00:36 Fri 13 Jul 07 (BST)  [Link]  
ccleaner is free i downloaded it yesterday for my new laptop.

Sounds to me like you have a trojan of some kind which must be redirecting you to phishing sites.

You will need to get AVG up to date no matter what. There has to be something else hogging the connection if its running slow, the grisoft servers are very quick.

Hadn't noticed the date so sorry about defender.

Making sure you have all the latest windows updates is essential (just go to updates on microsoft.com) and that will also download and run the malware removal tool.

Niall - is this happening all tha time or only when certain adverts are displayed?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:49 Fri 13 Jul 07 (BST)  [Link]  
hi spinner, came on yesterday about 4 ish was still lagging, logged out came back on about 7.15 to my surprise all was ok, played 8 games on us8ball then got a bit of lag in the 9th game, the film add was on at the time, i will try it again when i get home from work at lunch time hopefully it will still be ok, i have done the avg up-date i done that as soon as i in-stalled it.
thanks for your time and patients mate
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:04 Fri 13 Jul 07 (BST)  [Link]  
Mine seems to have gone now spinner, thanks, I also downloaded ccleaner and as soon as I did one clean up, wallah, my lag disappeared, I appear to be back on track now! I would recommend ccleaner to anybody who is experiencing similar difficulties
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
06:55 Fri 13 Jul 07 (BST)  [Link]  
i found out why i have to pay lmao, it scanned and found over 700 errors to many for the free one to fix grrrrrrrr
_psmon_
_psmon_
08:36 Fri 13 Jul 07 (BST)  [Link]  
http://www.superantispyware.com/

If you havent already got an antispyware download this
one its one i use it and it does the job.
Another thing just go to your local paper shop and buy the Official Windows mag and you get a disk might find a great cleaner that might help optimize your system.

Edited at 13:37 Fri 13/07/07 (BST)
madmiketyson
madmiketyson
17:59 Fri 13 Jul 07 (BST)  [Link]  
pm me when you see me kev i might have a solution
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:33 Fri 13 Jul 07 (BST)  [Link]  
ok mike thnks mate, need this done soon had enough of just watching games lmao
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
08:46 Sat 14 Jul 07 (BST)  [Link]  
not had any lag today, strange, but im pleased lmao .
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:20 Sat 14 Jul 07 (BST)  [Link]  
Don't Jinx it Kev - You're gonna get awful lag now
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
07:07 Sun 15 Jul 07 (BST)  [Link]  
bob dont bock me bud lmao
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
07:16 Sun 15 Jul 07 (BST)  [Link]  
Maybe you should put it in your 'About Me' - "Lag-Free Since 14.7.2007!"
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:28 Sun 15 Jul 07 (BST)  [Link]  
grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr the lags back, you was right bob
bunrzybhoy
bunrzybhoy
13:54 Sun 15 Jul 07 (BST)  [Link]  
I got ccleaner... it was free didn't want me to sign up , lmao something big must be wrong with you comp Kev! over 700 errors!! JEEESSSH..

Madmiketyson's Technique works very good if it's to do with AD'S, PM him anyone if they have Lag being caused by adverts.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:22 Sun 15 Jul 07 (BST)  [Link]  
iv just saved files we wanted on memory stick then done complete system re-store, hopefully all will be ok now
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:27 Sun 15 Jul 07 (BST)  [Link]  
would just to add that i tried ccleaner after i done system re-store, it still said i had 423 errors i am mistified by this as the pc went back to how it was when i 1st brought it last year, just be carefull incase its giving the odd few free ones then conning others to buy it
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
04:43 Mon 16 Jul 07 (BST)  [Link]  
wooooooo all ok so far, got big balls on uk table, never had that lol but balls on us 8ball are now small ?? hmmm
Pages: 1
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

need help with lag

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Technology chat.
Back to Forum List.