Slow internet connection?

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Technology chat.
Back to Forum List.

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:25 Sat 28 Jul 07 (BST)  [Link]  
Can anyone tell me why some days my internet is super fast then the next day, it takes about 1minute to load up every page that I go on?
Its really annoying!
And im pretty sure i dont have any viruses.
curtisorren
curtisorren
05:48 Sun 29 Jul 07 (BST)  [Link]  
is it wirless or cable.

if it is wireless make sure that it is a secure network. if it is not it could be that another person with wireless is using your internet connection therefore halfing the speed as it is shared between two or more computers.

If it is wireless and you do not know how to secure it.

1)Find out the make of your router

2)Contact the supplier. (exaple belkin)

3)ask how to secure your network

4)You should have to eneter a long code which you can then modify so you can enter a personal password

5)it will still come up as numbers but its a code of the password you have entered.

If it is not wirless make sure any anti virus, firewalls are not conflicting with a anti virus you have bought.

You could also make sure you close all running programmes. sometimes you may think they are off because you have use the red cross at the top but an icon still appears bottom right. right click exit closes the programme.
Also if you are downloading.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
06:22 Sun 29 Jul 07 (BST)  [Link]  
sometimes if its wireless your connection speed depends on the signal you are reciving.. it happens to me daily if your in a weak wireless area other people will drain the strengt off your signal...the weakest times will be weekends and working hours the connections are off peak times e.g, after 6,and late nights lol hope it helps
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:49 Sun 29 Jul 07 (BST)  [Link]  
Sometimes it's the adverts too. Try getting a ad blocker. Plus, clean up your internet browser by getting rid of the cookies and history pages etc.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:16 Sun 29 Jul 07 (BST)  [Link]  
Ok, thanks for the help.
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Slow internet connection?

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Technology chat.
Back to Forum List.