Internet Explorer not working

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Technology chat.
Back to Forum List.

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:03 Mon 30 Jul 07 (BST)  [Link]  
Hi, i recently upgraded to XP service pack2 after re-installing XP had only installed Service Pack 1. I then updated IE to version 7. Now i cannot connect to the internet using this browser software. My connection is fine and firefox still works. However I dont like Firefox and would like to use IE as normal. Can anybody give me hints to getting IE up and running again?

Cheers lads...(and ladies)

Edited at 18:03 Mon 30/07/07 (BST)
ben91
ben91
15:21 Mon 30 Jul 07 (BST)  [Link]  
i think there is a website that you can download the newer version of IE but im not sure, wait for spinner to have a look

Edited at 20:22 Mon 30/07/07 (BST)
spinner
spinner
Admin
16:44 Mon 30 Jul 07 (BST)  [Link]  
IE7 only works with XP Service Pack 2, so if i read your message propery it wont work with SP1.

Uninstall IE7, visit microsofts website and run a full update, then reinstall IE7.

It will take a wee while but will be worth it in the end
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:21 Mon 30 Jul 07 (BST)  [Link]  
no re-read his message, he initially only had service pack 1 after re-installing windows xp but now has 'upgraded' lol to service pack 2.

i suggest you uninstall IE7 then download it again.

you can use this link:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/downloads/ie/getitnow.mspx

go to the bottom of the page and select on the drop down menu the service pack 2 option.

joy1511
joy1511
03:09 Tue 31 Jul 07 (BST)  [Link]  
yeah IE7 is ideal i think!
spinner
spinner
Admin
17:46 Tue 31 Jul 07 (BST)  [Link]  
Oops, read it too fast!

Dont forget to re-boot netween un/in stalling any software.
av_it_
av_it_
07:36 Mon 6 Aug 07 (BST)  [Link]  
ul_son said:
Hi, i recently upgraded to XP service pack2 after re-installing XP had only installed Service Pack 1. I then updated IE to version 7. Now i cannot connect to the internet using this browser software. My connection is fine and firefox still works. However I dont like Firefox and would like to use IE as normal. Can anybody give me hints to getting IE up and running again?

Cheers lads...(and ladies)

Edited at 18:03 Mon 30/07/07 (BST)

Its worth checking to see if your firewall permission mask is set to allow the new browser to connect to the internet. I find if you download or update any browser some firewalls will automatically set its own permission mask to restrict you will there fore need to change it manually.

good luck
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:36 Thu 27 Sep 07 (BST)  [Link]  
av_it_ said:

Its worth checking to see if your firewall permission mask is set to allow the new browser to connect to the internet. I find if you download or update any browser some firewalls will automatically set its own permission mask to restrict you will there fore need to change it manually.

good luck

Hey was away since you wrote last and im really only home a couple of weeks. Havent been able to investigate teh auld IE problem. But just checked the firewall settings and low and behold we've found our problem!

Just want to say thanks. Now I can finally put Firefox where it belongs....in the grave!

Edited at 15:36 Thu 27/09/07 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:26 Thu 22 Nov 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
Try and download Mozilla Firefox or you may have to reinstall IE7
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:38 Thu 22 Nov 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
tansan said:

What?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:00 Sat 24 Nov 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
tansan said:
Problem solved mate, thought i was clear on that...

Edited at 18:00 Sat 24/11/07 (GMT)
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Internet Explorer not working

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Technology chat.
Back to Forum List.