13:42 Wed 8 Aug 07 (BST)  [Link]  
_steven_
_steven_
14:00 Wed 8 Aug 07 (BST)  [Link]  
Nope, but ewwwwww looks a bit naff
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:16 Wed 8 Aug 07 (BST)  [Link]  
I think it looks neat, imagine playing funkypool on that!

spinner
spinner
Admin
14:20 Wed 8 Aug 07 (BST)  [Link]  
Its basically an extension a dramatic one) of the tablet PC style.

I'm really used to "throwing" windows around, using pen gestures to open applications etc

Once you get used to it i think the Milan idea will be great. Just think ofminority report and you get the idea.
joy1511
joy1511
15:04 Wed 8 Aug 07 (BST)  [Link]  
LOL ive never seem this before lol!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:04 Wed 8 Aug 07 (BST)  [Link]  
I read somewhere that it'll cost $10,000 for the smallest one, and you can do things like set your camera on the screen and every picture will come up right away, and you can cut and flip and rotate them immediately...

In America we get the magazine Popular Machanics, and if you can get ahold of one (or Google it), the article written about the Milan is very cool

Edited at 02:04 Thu 9/08/07 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:28 Wed 8 Aug 07 (BST)  [Link]  
wow i think it looks cool and i know what you mean about thinking of minority report. $10,000?! lottery here i come!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:25 Thu 9 Aug 07 (BST)  [Link]  
Is that the same thing they were calling 'Surface' a while ago? That looked pretty cool from a video I saw of it on Microsoft's website. There's just one thing I'm not sure about though. I don't really have much confidence in Microsoft hardware. In the past they seem to have been a lot better at software. I can't see that changing anytime soon.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:32 Thu 9 Aug 07 (BST)  [Link]  
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:46 Thu 9 Aug 07 (BST)  [Link]  
thats is cool
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:32 Thu 9 Aug 07 (BST)  [Link]  
Schuldiner, if you read the reviews and comments about it, people are not very excited about it. A table top computer? Great idea for the military or the government, but not something that would be good for home, I think.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:55 Thu 9 Aug 07 (BST)  [Link]  
thats lush
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:56 Fri 10 Aug 07 (BST)  [Link]  
katie_bug said:
Schuldiner, if you read the reviews and comments about it, people are not very excited about it. A table top computer? Great idea for the military or the government, but not something that would be good for home, I think.

Yeah, I think its aimed mainly at medium/large businesses etc isn't it (and people with money to burn that like to own all the latest gadgets). I think in the future though we will see things like this appear in homes as an addition to the 'family computer' rather than as an alternative to it.
av_it_
av_it_
10:18 Sun 12 Aug 07 (BST)  [Link]  
lol its wierd dont know weather i like it or not ? lol
spinner
spinner
Admin
14:56 Sun 12 Aug 07 (BST)  [Link]  
schuldiner said:
I think in the future though we will see things like this appear in homes as an addition to the 'family computer' rather than as an alternative to it.

Yes tis is very much ho w i see things going..

Even now, the PC with standard mouse and keyboard as we know it has changed. Many livingrooms now have a PC hooked up to the LCD TV, for watching films, and to be used as a DVR or digital satalite decoder. All controlled by a media centre remote. Indeed i control mine using my mobile phone (much more practical than it sounds!)

You can browse the web and write by hand into webpages using wireless tablet PC's whilst sitting on the couch.

In the future i see the media centre PC as the standard hub of the home entertainment system, with a "milan" style interface effectively forming a digital coffee table.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:55 Wed 15 Aug 07 (BST)  [Link]  
You heard it here first folks....................or not. Who knows!?

It looks cool, but I like the good ol' easy to use idiot proof PC!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
08:49 Wed 15 Aug 07 (BST)  [Link]  
Its actually named the microsoft 'surface'.

link to official site:

http://www.microsoft.com/surface/

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:01 Wed 15 Aug 07 (BST)  [Link]  
intresting lol.
spinner
spinner
Admin
11:44 Wed 15 Aug 07 (BST)  [Link]  
Just t keep it clear - surface is the program, Milan is the computer running it.

spinner
spinner
Admin
18:04 Tue 28 Aug 07 (BST)  [Link]  
For anyone who hasn't seen it :

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7WIkrQu0-v0"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7WIkrQu0-v0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

However, i dont want that. I want this!

Anyone even remotely interested in technology, please watch the first couple of minutes. You'll be hooked

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QKh1Rv0PlOQ"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QKh1Rv0PlOQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Edited at 23:11 Tue 28/08/07 (BST)
Pages:
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

The new "Milan" computer

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Technology chat.
Back to Forum List.