Computer "blacking out" on random occaision.

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Technology chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 1
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:43 Wed 29 Aug 07 (BST)  [Link]  
This is in my own personal opinion i rate that laptop as 'shocking'.

for a used laptop with a HD of 35gb i think i could find one in my local newsagents window for around £50-£100.

mr_mcquiston i would suggest a cheap laptop such as:
http://www.pcworld.co.uk/martprd/store/pcw_page.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@1150599913.1188423909@@@@&BV_EngineID=ccecaddlklidljjcflgceggdhhmdgmk.0&page=Product&fm=null&sm=null&tm=null&sku=070049&category_oid=

which although more expensive it has more than double to specifications of the previous machine mentioned.

However, these suggestions are only my opinion. Its all up to you I can only advise.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:09 Wed 29 Aug 07 (BST)  [Link]  
Well, i look for one that is capable of holding a lot of songs on top of some PC games.

Also being able to run the internet smoothly is good.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:13 Wed 29 Aug 07 (BST)  [Link]  
well thats a problem...

depending on the games you wish to run, purchasing a cheap laptop is not going to be able to support a lot of the newer more advanced games.

this is because cheap laptops tend not to have dedicated graphics and therefore cannot run graphics demanding games.

as we discussed previously a cheap PC may be able to cope with your needs in a more efficient way.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:18 Wed 29 Aug 07 (BST)  [Link]  
To be honest, this laptop runs them fine (they are from 1998 and 2000)
I know this one has 80GB hard drive and that one on the link is the same, looks like i'll need to make do with this one until i end up with some decent cash.
curtisorren
curtisorren
10:04 Sat 1 Sep 07 (BST)  [Link]  
Most new laptops have windows vista installed on them. This means you will not be able to play most xp games on the laptop unless you find patches for every game.

My laptop is hp dv6000 and was around £800. I bought shadowrun for windows vista and in game play was appauling. It was so slow. The laptop has a good graphics card in aswell. It is a nvidia 7400. So if your thinking of buying any new games make sure you look very carefully at the system requirements.

Finding patches wont be so hard if you know the maker of the game which can be found on the box.

Just a bit of friendly advice if you get a new laptop with vista on it.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:59 Sun 2 Sep 07 (BST)  [Link]  
Laptops with XP tend to be cheaper though...
Pages: 1
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Computer "blacking out" on random occaision.

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Technology chat.
Back to Forum List.