how do u stop adverts from poping up?

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Technology chat.
Back to Forum List.

ullyart1
ullyart1
19:31 Wed 29 Aug 07 (BST)  [Link]  
i get lag all the time now, and its bcoz of these stupid adverts i wanna know how you get rid of them and ive blocked all the pop-ups and they still come back

any 1 know? ty
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:38 Wed 29 Aug 07 (BST)  [Link]  
The adverts on this site are there to pay for the up keep of the site, without them we would either have to pay or funkypool simply would just not exist. Therefore users are not able to block showing the adverts.

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:40 Wed 29 Aug 07 (BST)  [Link]  
By the way a pop-up blocker is not an advertisement blocker, instead its purpose is to stop pop-up's from doing what they do best and that is to pop up.
ullyart1
ullyart1
19:40 Wed 29 Aug 07 (BST)  [Link]  
oh right i didnt know ty
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:45 Wed 29 Aug 07 (BST)  [Link]  
Glad i could help
ullyart1
ullyart1
19:50 Wed 29 Aug 07 (BST)  [Link]  
lol, at least your good for something lol jokes
spinner
spinner
Admin
_steven_
_steven_
08:35 Sat 1 Sep 07 (BST)  [Link]  
Download an ad-stopper, It blocks all banner ads and pop ups from every site. lag free... PM me ill give you the link.
_steven_
_steven_
08:35 Sat 1 Sep 07 (BST)  [Link]  
dark_cloud said:
The adverts on this site are there to pay for the up keep of the site, without them we would either have to pay or funkypool simply would just not exist. Therefore users are not able to block showing the adverts.

Yes you can stop them, just use the right program,

Edited at 15:47 Sat 1/09/07 (BST)
curtisorren
curtisorren
10:08 Sat 1 Sep 07 (BST)  [Link]  
If any one has norton 360 then you can download an add_on to stop pop ups.
_steven_
_steven_
10:48 Sat 1 Sep 07 (BST)  [Link]  
Post removed by forum moderator
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:51 Sat 1 Sep 07 (BST)  [Link]  
Just close your eyes and pretend they aren't there. Open them on your shot obviously.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:57 Sat 1 Sep 07 (BST)  [Link]  
Thanks for doing that Steven, after I kindly asked you to remove your post, I think you can consider that your last post for a while.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:46 Sat 1 Sep 07 (BST)  [Link]  
i have never had a problem with ads affecting my game.Im crap at the best of times, but seriousley just deal with it and play on, its not as if its life threatening is it? maybe clean up ur hard drive and dont have so many apps running, oh and between 4pm and 8pm GMt is heavy nett traffic, so that also cud be it
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:18 Sat 1 Sep 07 (BST)  [Link]  
Post removed by forum moderator
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:05 Sun 2 Sep 07 (BST)  [Link]  
Get a black marker pen, colour the advert in on your screen with it and there you go!

No more adverts!!

spinner
spinner
Admin
12:33 Sun 2 Sep 07 (BST)  [Link]  
Best idea seen yet!

Remember you dont need any add ons to block popups with any of the new browsers, they all have blockers built in which are, from experience, much more effective than third party solutions.

IE7 for example, go to tools>internet options> privacy tab - then you can turn it on and set up to your preference.

Dont forget that installing programs like ad-blockers adversely affect your pc's performance. Its yet another program running after all...
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:45 Sun 2 Sep 07 (BST)  [Link]  
I never seem to have any problems with the adverts to be honest, it jumps for a sec when a new advert loads but thats to be expected, other than that i don't really have a problem with them at all!

Lucky me!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:49 Sun 2 Sep 07 (BST)  [Link]  
Very few users now suffer from lag issues. Not that long ago it was far more common but solutions and progressions have been made.
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

how do u stop adverts from poping up?

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Technology chat.
Back to Forum List.