AOL- Member Saves plan

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Technology chat.
Back to Forum List.

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
04:19 Thu 18 Oct 07 (BST)  [Link]  
went on to moneysavingexpert.com and seen that when you ring up AOL and say your cancelling your broadband, after your 12 month contract has expired, they offer you 8mb broadband for 9.99

Anyway i went onto their live help this morning, after being on AOL for almost 3 year now. However i downgraded my package last year to a 2mb speed, and wasn't told at the time that i was going to be tied down to another 12 month contract (or i would have left), i have not had any problems with the service from AOL, but i could have got better speed for less elsewhere

My objective of going into live chat was to talk to a customer service rep about their new price plans, which included a better deal than what i was getting. Anyway the person i was speaking to surprisingly offered me the member saves plan because i had been on AOL for 3 years, and told me that the person i had spoke to on the phone was lying about me being under contract.

Edited at 09:26 Thu 18/10/07 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
04:24 Thu 18 Oct 07 (BST)  [Link]  
However he said that there was a 10gb monthly usage limit on the price plan that he was offering me, i said no and he basically said that they have a fair usage policy after that 10gb, so i took the deal up with him. I have the session number for the chat if i need to back myself up, about what i was offered (no 10gb limit basically) should there be any "errors" in what he saying. Not that i expect there to be any errors, as AOL have been top drawer ever since i signed up with them.

Here's what i got in a nutshell:

FREE Netgear DG438G Wireless Router (Got 3 of them off AOL now lol)

FREE AOL talk Unlimited calls to landlines for 6 month (Never use landline so thats no appeal to me)

8MB Broadband with No usage limit

All for 9.99 a month (18 Month contract)

Only downside is that contract, but i can change price plans whenever i wish.

Thoughts on the deal?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
05:43 Thu 18 Oct 07 (BST)  [Link]  
Good deal but I can't stand AOL. Was with them for about 4 years and now we are on sky. AOL had loads of connection problems, sky is mostly fine.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:20 Thu 18 Oct 07 (BST)  [Link]  
If it works for you, then its good. So long as you can pay the bill and intend to always be with them, then I think its fine!
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

AOL- Member Saves plan

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Technology chat.
Back to Forum List.