Msn messenger doesn't pop up.

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Technology chat.
Back to Forum List.

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:52 Sun 28 Oct 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
Everytime I double click msn messenger, it simply doesn't come up. Today I tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it. But it said "We tried downloading msn from this site, but the requested site could not be found". This happens on every website I try download msn, what can I do?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:10 Sun 28 Oct 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
I also find that double clicking doesn't work. Try a single right click and select open. This usually works for me.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:59 Sun 28 Oct 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
It happens with mine sometimes too, but you don't have to redownload it. It's a little annoying, but you could always create an icon, if you haven't already done so, and just click that instead. Or, you could set it so that the MSN window automatically pops up when you turn on your computer and log onto Windows (if that is what you are using).
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:09 Tue 30 Oct 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
No, because I've tried everything you two have said. It wont come up at all.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:17 Tue 30 Oct 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
Try this:
Start - Run then
"C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\msnmsgr.exe"

Hopefully this should work.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:41 Tue 30 Oct 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
ctrl + alt + delete

In task manager click the Processes tab

Find this process in the list msnmsgr.exe

Select it.

Then click 'End Process'.

(If you notice more than one msnmsgr.exe process repeat this to end them all)

Close task manager.

Try opening msn again.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:11 Tue 30 Oct 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
Or I Could Be A Registry Problem

Goto Run
Type In regedit.
Then HKEY Local MACHINE.
Then Software
Then Microsoft
Then Look For Windos Live Or MSN Or Windows Mesenger Then Delete It And Then WHen It Restarts It Should Be Back To Normal Providin Its A Registry Problem.

If Not PM me
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
05:59 Wed 31 Oct 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
Download msn messenger plus to keep up to date with the new windows live mail system.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
07:55 Wed 31 Oct 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
Delete the Actual Msn Messenger and download the Windows Messenger --> It's better and doesn't have problems like that... but the only thing to do is to first delete the version you have right now....
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:26 Thu 1 Nov 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
blackdave said:
Delete the Actual Msn Messenger and download the Windows Messenger --> It's better and doesn't have problems like that... but the only thing to do is to first delete the version you have right now....

Yes, the old MSN is getting a bit rusty, get windows.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:44 Thu 1 Nov 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
Here is the link for those wanting the mentioned Windows Live Messenger:

http://uk.messenger.imagine-live.com/Messenger/Launch/en-GB/Default2.aspx?thisTour=
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:30 Thu 22 Nov 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
Also try using Messenger old versions instead because sometimes computers can't take it I don't know why or because your downloading it from a wrong website. I have had that problem to. Or you can try the Microsoft website make sure it is trusted and it is only by Microsoft. or try windows format reinstalling the whole computer i tried that before and i download the new version and every thing worked it is probably something wrong with your PC. hope that helps
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:39 Thu 22 Nov 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
tansan said:
or try windows format reinstalling the whole computer i tried that before and i download the new version and every thing worked it is probably something wrong with your PC. hope that helps

Ignore that.
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Msn messenger doesn't pop up.

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Technology chat.
Back to Forum List.