Disc Problem!

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Technology chat.
Back to Forum List.

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:48 Tue 6 Nov 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
lewis007 said:
My Disc thingy doesn't work, ya know where you put ya discs in. When I put a disc in the computer acts like theres no disc in there. One day it was working then one day when i put FM '07 in again it just didn't work. Am thinking of taking it to PC World to get it fixed. Suggestions?
spinner
spinner
Admin
15:13 Tue 6 Nov 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
Something like that is either going to be a loose IDE cable (The thin, wide usually grey one) or a failed drive.

Whether you want to open the case to check depends on whether your computer is still under warranty or not!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:15 Tue 6 Nov 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
Aye it is under warranty still but its a laptop and I don't know what I'm looking for/doing, So I'll take it to PC World then, thanks anyway.
spinner
spinner
Admin
15:27 Tue 6 Nov 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
Thats the best bet. Unless its a removable drive where you could clean up the contacts, theres nothing you could do resonably safely, and thats what warranties are for!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
06:52 Wed 7 Nov 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
If it is a failed drive, how long do you reckon it will take PC World to fix it?
spinner
spinner
Admin
13:09 Wed 7 Nov 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
Should take no more than a few minutes, as they should just swap it for a new one.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:20 Wed 7 Nov 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
Ahh thats kool then shall get it done over Weekend.
madmiketyson
madmiketyson
13:55 Wed 7 Nov 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
i have a pc and i have a similar problem. it sometimes takes me ten discs to burn a cd. sometimes it will read dvds sometimes it wont. sometimes it plays fm08 first time sometimes it takes 5 gos at it :S
spinner
spinner
Admin
15:01 Wed 7 Nov 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
Its worth trying a firmware update in that case Mike.

Older drives struggle sometimes these days.
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Disc Problem!

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Technology chat.
Back to Forum List.