Problems with Virgin Media?

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Technology chat.
Back to Forum List.

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:42 Mon 26 Nov 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
Fair enough, Virgin Media is very fast internet, but let me tell you first hand, the reliability of it is absolute crap.

I got logged off from this site, due to internet failure at 22:48pm. Its now 06:00 on the button and i've only just managed to fix my internet. Thats 7 freaking hours!

7 hours worth of downtime, happens all the time aswell. Anybody else get problems like this with Virgin Media or any other ISP ?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:04 Tue 27 Nov 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
22:48 and you stayed up till 6am next morning to fix it????? why didnt you just 'sleep on it' i bet it may have solved itself, like most times they do and......
nope, been with virgin media for 4 years (formerly ntl etc) never had a major problem, i accept technologie can be a hinderence sometimes, but i feel that for all the glinches, virgin has the best service and connection etc.
I guess you just got unlucky.
I had my modem mess up once,reported the same evening,came the next morning,and then online again.
All ISP's will have some problems people dont like, but look at the broader picture, is it a small problem in comparison to the good connection you get?? in other words do the good points far outweigh the bad???? If so then all cant be that bad can it?

Edited at 09:06 Tue 27/11/07 (GMT)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:53 Tue 27 Nov 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
tbh, i've been with NTL for the past 5-6 years and its been crap lol.

Always going down at bad times, the one that sticks to mind was the final of a money online pool tournament worth 250 pounds... logged me off and i lost.

My damn mother wont change though ' its cheap ' she says.
madmiketyson
madmiketyson
05:57 Tue 27 Nov 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
hmm maybe move out and then you could get a different isp... they all the same at the end of the day tho
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
06:13 Tue 27 Nov 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
a question come too mind here.

Is your mum a single parent on low income or unable to work?

If so, perhaps your mum got the cheapest for real financial reasons, and anyway, as Mike said they are all the same at the end of the day.

Maybe you should be grateful that your mum has got this access for you, however she should be policing the sites you visit and activities you do, that aside, maybe you shouldnt complain seems you are not paying for internet.

Maybe (as mike said) when you start paying for your own internet, then, have you a right to complain

Edited at 12:15 Tue 27/11/07 (GMT)

_stargate_
_stargate_
07:04 Tue 27 Nov 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
haha virgin are the most aggrovating and annoying isp ever have them grrrrrrrr, my network says that its excellent and yet i get disconnected from funky sumtimes, also they disconnect my internet randomly sometimes and call it a dead session where im re connected but the data isnt sent or something, andbefore anybody says " duh its because you dont pay your bills ontime" , the bills are paid through the direct debit and ive never missed a payment and the fact that i have to manage money well with the job i do means i never will miss one lolahhhh much better
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:37 Tue 27 Nov 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
Hmm... I was with them last year and can honestly say I never had a single problem with the service. Definately WAY better than that embarrassment of a company called AOL... and you don't get ripped off like you do with BT.

Would have stayed with them this year too, but I'm not in a cable area anymore.
_stargate_
_stargate_
14:34 Tue 27 Nov 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
lol im just sick of having to ring them up saying " oi what the hell is going on muppet" lol it gets kinda mentally draining
spinner
spinner
Admin
17:49 Tue 27 Nov 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
Virgin now cover an awful lot of smaller operators, so its hard to generalise. At the end of the day almost all problems come down to the line provider rather than the ISP.

Regarding deals, I changed to BT recently purely because of the deal they offered. Its taken them a long time to put together a bundle that made sense but my combined internet/phone bill has been cut from around £70 per month to £25. I find that hard to complain about
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:18 Wed 28 Nov 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
It can't be as bad as Pipex was for me. Bleurgh horrible.
Had a lot of problems with BT in the past too, seems to be a bit better these days.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:36 Wed 28 Nov 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
Cant complain with my Virgin media bundle, i only use 2 servies, internet and phone and its £19:95 a month inclusive and free phone calls to any UK Landline any day any time upto an hour.
If i used a mobile more i would use them for my mobile,but as im on Pay as you go and £10 lasts me longer than a month, seems pointless at the moment
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
04:37 Wed 28 Nov 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
dosnt it tids,last longer than a month lmao
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
04:57 Wed 28 Nov 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
it does now i stopped texting you and use the 'free services' available lol

welllllll it is approasching Xmas.....just call me scrooge
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
05:03 Wed 28 Nov 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
lmao
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
07:48 Wed 28 Nov 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
tidnab said:
a question come too mind here.

Is your mum a single parent on low income or unable to work?

If so, perhaps your mum got the cheapest for real financial reasons, and anyway, as Mike said they are all the same at the end of the day.

Maybe you should be grateful that your mum has got this access for you, however she should be policing the sites you visit and activities you do, that aside, maybe you shouldnt complain seems you are not paying for internet.

Maybe (as mike said) when you start paying for your own internet, then, have you a right to complain

I think your getting abit personal there, and should mind your own business
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
07:54 Wed 28 Nov 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
Chill out everyone. It's a simple discussion on the pros and cons of Virgin Media... let's keep it like that, yeah, Tidnab and _warning_?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:29 Wed 28 Nov 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
what have i done? asked a simple question?
if warning wants to say things like that then use the messaging facility.

i wasnt asking him to tell us all his personal home life , just raised the issue for him to think about, i dont care if hes poor or rich, nowt to do with me
stueyy
stueyy
10:19 Wed 28 Nov 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
Virgin Media Has Always Been Great For Me (Used To Be Good As Ntl)

Only Get A Problem Now And Again Connecting To The Bebo Server.. No Other Problems Though
cityfan84
cityfan84
10:33 Wed 28 Nov 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
I have virgin and got no probs here never have
av_it_
av_it_
15:51 Sat 1 Dec 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
ive been with ntl for about 2 years have had a few little problems getting disconnected now an then but other than that they have been ok ( all isp get problems from time 2 time
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Problems with Virgin Media?

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Technology chat.
Back to Forum List.