Scottish football chat

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 19798
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:35 Sat 10 Sep 11 (BST)  [Link]  
It's not banter when we are stating FACTS and the facts are this, Celtic have spent more than Rangers in the last 3 years and yet have delivered 0, nada, zilch in the way of SPL titles. I'd call THAT a result!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
04:35 Sat 10 Sep 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Where are you getting your figures from warcriminal?

Rangers
Season 2008-09:
Total Spending: £17.8m
Total Income: £12.3m

Season 2009-10:
Total Spending: £0m
Total Income: £4.3m

Season 2010-11:
Total Spending: £5.9m
Total Income: £4.4m

3 year total spending: £23.7m
3 year total income: £21m
3 year Net Spend: £2.7m

Celtic
Season 2008-09:
Total Spending: £3m
Total Income: £1.2m

Season 2009-10:
Total Spending: £9.4m
Total Income: £5.3m

Season 2010-11:
Total Spending: £9.6m
Total Income: £15.9m

3 year total spending: £22m
3 year total income: £22.4m
3 year Net Spend: £0m

As you can see, Rangers spent all their Transfer income + an extra £2.7m

Celtic spent all their Transfer income and had £400,000 left over.

Not that I'm sticking up for Celtic or anything. Just thought I'd put the arguement to rest

Figures taken from wikipedia
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:38 Sat 10 Sep 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Predictions for the weekend?
flawless
flawless
12:02 Sat 10 Sep 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Even then snurf wikipedia is not always a reliable source.
flawless
flawless
12:08 Sat 10 Sep 11 (BST)  [Link]  
My predictions for weekend fixtures - in brackets.

Celtic (3) vs (1) Motherwell
Dundee Utd (0) vs (2) Rangers
Inverness CT (1) vs (1) Hearts
Kilmarnock (2) vs (0) Dunfermline
St Mirren (2) vs (2) St Johnstone
Hibernian (1) vs (2) Aberdeen
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:17 Sat 10 Sep 11 (BST)  [Link]  
good luck to dundee united today
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:13 Sat 10 Sep 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Mental game so far, Russel red carded for a minor headbutt on Broadfoot.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:01 Sat 10 Sep 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Well done Rangers. Another 3 points and top of the league

C'mon Motherwell
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:11 Sat 10 Sep 11 (BST)  [Link]  
flawless said:
Even then snurf wikipedia is not always a reliable source.

lol
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:16 Sat 10 Sep 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Just back from the game and ive got to say i am very pleased with that performance. Young James Forrest would be in my team every week and looks like Commons is gonna have a tough time getting back into the team. Thats what we are missing is someone from midfield wanting to run at players because our midfield has been too static recently with Brown, Ledley or Commons on the wing, with none of them willing to run at players with pace.

Bangura came on for 15 minutes and looked ok had a goal disallowed and looked confident.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:38 Sat 10 Sep 11 (BST)  [Link]  
james forrest is far too inconsistent and his crossing 90 percent of the time leaves alot to be desired murphybhoy

dont let one good performance fool you , its make or break time for this lad this season , either he steps up to the mark or steps out the exit door imo

on another note , dundee utd should have had a penalty , television clearly shows contact was made ( the lad went down easy but they all do these days) and i thought broadfoot should have been sent off for his part in the headbutt incident , he was the one who provoked it and also had his head inches away from the lad before he retaliated

still in a state of absolute shock here the ref didnt award a penalty to dundee utd....HONEST ( roll eyes)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:41 Sat 10 Sep 11 (BST)  [Link]  
warcriminal said:
manwee said:

now you truly know what it feels to be a celtic fan

Nah... to do that I would have to give up my job, stop washing for months and never wash or cut my hair ever again and start moaning about every defeat and crowing about one day back before I was born (reminds me of some 1966 footage we see dragged out every world cup).

Instead I'll stick with supporting the dominant football force since the game began in Scotland.

a really intelligent post from a rangers fan , not getting a wash or haircut lol

expect no better from an inbred like yourself and as for the dominant force??? always makes me laugh that one does , ur club were formed 15 years before us , funny how nobody mentions that when you are shouting about titles won etc

am away for a wash
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:13 Sun 11 Sep 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Manwee we may be 15 years older, but the first official season of the Scottish league wasn't untill 1890, both teams were established and participating.

In fact, Rangers didn't win their own trophy till 9 years into the league. Celtic had won 3 or 4 by this point.

Mind and do your homework before saying things, or i'll most likely correct you.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:11 Sun 11 Sep 11 (BST)  [Link]  
mr_mcquiston said:
Manwee we may be 15 years older, but the first official season of the Scottish league wasn't untill 1890, both teams were established and participating.

In fact, Rangers didn't win their own trophy till 9 years into the league. Celtic had won 3 or 4 by this point.

Mind and do your homework before saying things, or i'll most likely correct you.

dont need correcting m8 , thankyou

your foundations were laid 15 years before ours were , therefore i would imagine , giving your club an advantage from team selection , buying players , understanding finances , paying taxes ( although we are ahead on that one lol )

dress it up how you like if it makes you feel better but at the end of the day the FACT is your club started 15 years before mine did

i await to be corrected on that one ( be waiting a while me thinks)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:12 Sun 11 Sep 11 (BST)  [Link]  
mr_mcquiston said:
Predictions for the weekend?

dundee united to get denied a stonewall penalty!!!!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:41 Sun 11 Sep 11 (BST)  [Link]  
manwee said:

your foundations were laid 15 years before ours were , therefore i would imagine , giving your club an advantage from team selection , buying players , understanding finances , paying taxes ( although we are ahead on that one lol )

dress it up how you like if it makes you feel better but at the end of the day the FACT is your club started 15 years before mine did

Funny, that didn't make much difference success wise, since Celtic at one point had 4 titles and Rangers only had 1 and it wasn't even theirs outright.
You can't just blame the fact of less titles on us being older if the league didn't start til years later! That's ludicrous!

As for the Dundee Utd penalty claim, well saying you're a Celtic fan, it was a clear dive but that's a penalty in your books...The player who was apparently tackled to the ground had a cheeky smile as the referee booked him. Case closed on this one too.
Plus, do you really think buying players back in the late 1800's was an issue? LOL!!!

Edited at 00:53 Sun 11/09/11 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:35 Sun 11 Sep 11 (BST)  [Link]  
manwee said:
james forrest is far too inconsistent and his crossing 90 percent of the time leaves alot to be desired murphybhoy

dont let one good performance fool you , its make or break time for this lad this season , either he steps up to the mark or steps out the exit door imo

on another note , dundee utd should have had a penalty , television clearly shows contact was made ( the lad went down easy but they all do these days) and i thought broadfoot should have been sent off for his part in the headbutt incident , he was the one who provoked it and also had his head inches away from the lad before he retaliated

still in a state of absolute shock here the ref didnt award a penalty to dundee utd....HONEST ( roll eyes)

James Forrest had been brilliant everytime he has played this season, the reason for getting called up in the scotland team. Its not been one performance and dont worry im not getting carried away. Can i ask you something, have u actually been to a game this season? Because if you ask the majority of Celtic fans they will tell you Forrest has been one of our better players.

Also to say its make or break for him this season is a bit off the mark, of course he needs to improve he is only 20 and he has firmly established himself in our first team squad. He reminds me of Mcgeady a bit in how when he was 20 alot of people were doubting him at the time, talking about his crossing and consistency. Look at him now.

Edited at 00:49 Sun 11/09/11 (BST)
flawless
flawless
04:49 Sun 11 Sep 11 (BST)  [Link]  
manwee said:
warcriminal said:
manwee said:

Nah... to do that I would have to give up my job, stop washing for months and never wash or cut my hair ever again and start moaning about every defeat and crowing about one day back before I was born (reminds me of some 1966 footage we see dragged out every world cup).

Instead I'll stick with supporting the dominant football force since the game began in Scotland.

a really intelligent post from a rangers fan , not getting a wash or haircut lol

expect no better from an inbred like yourself and as for the dominant force??? always makes me laugh that one does , ur club were formed 15 years before us , funny how nobody mentions that when you are shouting about titles won etc

am away for a wash

That is abit harsh considering funkypool has quite a few rangers fan on it, you should have been banned or had posting rights removed ages ago for insults like that.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:03 Sun 11 Sep 11 (BST)  [Link]  
flawless said:
manwee said:
warcriminal said:
manwee said:

am away for a wash

That is abit harsh considering funkypool has quite a few rangers fan on it, you should have been banned or had posting rights removed ages ago for insults like that.

geez peace m8 !! seen worse posts than mine on here ( they are just dressed up a bit ) although those in the know get the true meaning of them
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:05 Sun 11 Sep 11 (BST)  [Link]  
murphybhoy

there has been a season book in our family for decades and my family have been going to see the tic since it all began

answer your question?
Pages: 19798
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Scottish football chat

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.