ha way nick dont delete poolgame, give it to me

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 1
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:45 Tue 24 May 05 (BST)  [Link]  
You know in a real face to face arguement you'd be torn to shreads. Poor poor arguements. I still think your funny. But you realy have got to be either more agressive or more funny when argueing. gets the people's attention better. Espically mine. Peace out
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:18 Wed 25 May 05 (BST)  [Link]  
i probably wouldn't argue with u face to face, i wouldn't waste my time/ have the energy/ care enough. As for being funny, who said i want to be? all i wana do is have a laugh with my mates. You not being one of them :(
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:04 Wed 25 May 05 (BST)  [Link]  
there would bet better players on here if pool game got shut down they would log on funky, i for one dont use pool game but if nick wishes to delete it then fair do's
robin_hood
robin_hood
05:38 Thu 26 May 05 (BST)  [Link]  
mods should stay quiet on this subject, shut it goo, its nothin to do with you to be honest. personally, i don't think nick has the guts to delete poolgame because he would lose too many members! he knows the players wouldn't join funkypool. they'd go to www.pogo.com . www.thepoolclub.com, and www.carom3d.com.
nick
nick
Admin
07:36 Thu 26 May 05 (BST)  [Link]  
A lot of talk has gone on about poolgame, can I clear up a few comments.

Poolgame and funkypool are sister sites, they are not competing. funkypool was a big change away from poolgame, so we devided the server. funkypool uses game features more consistent with other games, and despite having many more features it is as easy to use as poolgame.

To justify that last sentence to poolgame users migrating to funkypool who find funkypool difficult at first, can I say at least part of this problem is the strange behaviour of poolgame, meaning the functionality you learnt on poolgame is not transferable to poolgame.

I have asked many poolgame users about why they still use poolgame. The main problem is the speed or spin abilities. When used side by side you should see they are very similar now, since April 05 (or at least they are for us using the couple of test machines we use).

Why is poolgame still open? We have always said it will remain open while people continually use it. It's about choice, it would be insulting to users to force people to use funkypool.

I don't want to hear talk about poolgame users being miffed therefore coming on funkypool being very insulting or that I don't have the guts to delete poolgame! I believe after a month the fuss would die down and people would move on.

If people want to play on another site then they can do.... it's their choice!
robin_hood
robin_hood
08:28 Fri 27 May 05 (BST)  [Link]  
nice speech, but the weight, spin, player attitudes, quality of play.. differs greatly between the 2 sites.. you say poolgame will remain open as long as people use it, i know for a fact that eastwood, otc, slimboywide, etc etc wouldn't move from poolgame to funkypool.. especuially now ur soon expecting people to pay for it.

the premium account has GOT to include some very new impressive features.. sidespin has GOT to be coded well.. and in which case i'd suggest u increase the speed. due to sidespin only being useful when playing off a cushion. you'll need the speed to come off 3/4 cushions instead of just one..

just my thoughts..
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:03 Fri 27 May 05 (BST)  [Link]  
I don't know what nick's plans are, but i know premium user will be a special paid user type and will include features such as replays, result logging for friends.

The normal type will remain as it is. (As far as i know)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:20 Fri 27 May 05 (BST)  [Link]  
when will premium be ready?., the mods already have a few of the available premium features

Edited at 14:21 Fri 27/05/05 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:59 Fri 27 May 05 (BST)  [Link]  
.. goo, But you realy have got to be either more agressive or more funny when argueing

take a bit of your own advice
nick
nick
Admin
10:45 Fri 27 May 05 (BST)  [Link]  
"weight, spin" differs? Try the games side by side, they are the same for me, and indeed the code is the same (with a tiny increase in maximum speed in funkypool)

"especuially now ur soon expecting people to pay for it. " There is no plan for people to pay for the site, unless you want premium benefits (ie no advertising and want to be able to run your own leagues etc etc). A number of people *seem* to be genuinely interested in receiving these additional benefits and features.

funkypool is basically poolgame + other features. However the people loyal to poolgame will remain that way, some people don't like moving to areas unknown/pastures new and don't want to spend time learning a new interface, which is understandable.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:54 Fri 27 May 05 (BST)  [Link]  
i still feel that poolgame is faster.. here taking a shot with loads of backspin slows it right down, on poolgame you get the effects and doesnt slow down quite as much
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:11 Fri 27 May 05 (BST)  [Link]  
I think funkypool is more realistic (in terms of ball control) and on my computer funkypool is now the same speed (if not faster) than pool game.
robin_hood
robin_hood
11:26 Fri 27 May 05 (BST)  [Link]  
the speed isnt realistic, real tables u can hit like 9 cushiosn here u struggle to hit 4 if you play any way other than top to bottom
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:31 Fri 27 May 05 (BST)  [Link]  
i cant see why poolgamers dont want to use funky its better in everyway , Are some users staying on purpose may b ?

Edited at 16:32 Fri 27/05/05 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
04:13 Sat 28 May 05 (BST)  [Link]  
nick u should delete poolgame, as they say there have got gd player over there y dont com on here and play us
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:25 Sat 28 May 05 (BST)  [Link]  
this thread is pointless, nick says he wont delete it if ppl play on it, if you want him not to delete it coz u think its so good, then p*ss off back to pool game, if not then stfu and let nick decide what he wants to do....
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:49 Sat 28 May 05 (BST)  [Link]  
'Don't delete pool game'...that was simple wasn't it? As for premium users, paying for it may be difficult getting the money to ppl...would it be paid to nick? Poolgame does have a slightly different feel to it last time i went on there (bout 2 months ago) but nuthin much, even if no one goes on pool game dont delete it, people may search for pool sites, find that one, and from that hear about funkypool. Premium features were advertised when i 1st signed up and still aren't ready so i dunno why people are bothered about them really lol It's always been user's choice to play here or somewhere else, i myself still play on yahoo pool (not so much tho) cuz its nice for a change, wot poolgame ppl mite think bout funkypool. Other things to clear up while i'm talkin lol, i feel side spin should be added, the pockets should remain the same as they are even tho i know that nick is changing them :-( , so i've heard anyway, and also i think that the idea of a winning streak, like in the ladder, would be good to be introduced to the site. Rating system could be improved, despite working well, by having unlimited rating (over 100.0), would be a great challenge to get to 1000 with it only going up by 0.1 each time lol I think that the only reason why the quality of play is better on poolgame than on funkypool is because the users have been playing longer. I'm gonna stop sayin stuff now tho cuz i'll fill up the page lol b sure to read it all :-P
blazer
blazer
03:15 Mon 30 May 05 (BST)  [Link]  
yer i argea with squeezy (squeezydont wright that much again plz took me 10 mins to read your 1 and took me 30 min 2 read all of this tread lol joking
Pages: 1
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

ha way nick dont delete poolgame, give it to me

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.