Goo - about byes

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Pool Events Forum.
Back to Forum List.

Pages:
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:57 Mon 30 May 05 (BST)  [Link]  
Goo - you started a tourny with 36 players. You wanted to get it down to 32 so you played 4 games to knock 4 players out. Meanwhile you gave 28 players 'byes'. In other words 28 of 36 players sat idle - having to wait for 8. Why not 18 games, then 9 games, then 4 with 1 bye, then 2 with 1 bye, then a semi and a bye. That's a total of only 3 byes in the whole tournament - NOT 28! Only 3 players had to wait a turn. YOU made it so 28 had to wait. Sorry I lost my rag with you, but you could have used your head a little more than that mate.

Edited at 17:59 Mon 30/05/05 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:59 Mon 30 May 05 (BST)  [Link]  
It's all automated. The tournament hosters don't choose who plays who or how many players are in a round.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:53 Mon 30 May 05 (BST)  [Link]  
init nax
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:06 Mon 30 May 05 (BST)  [Link]  
fowlpest, you didn't lose your rag you (rude word) me right off by being a rude etc etc. it is all done by the computer. And you were not even in the tournament. So while having to waste my time listening to you go on at me. Annoying to say the least, you were not letting me give the other users who needed my time for advise etc enough time. So I hope you read this and say sorry. But I feel that you won't because your more than enough man to moan at me etc but not enough of one to realise your error.
if you want to raise a sensible point about this, make a new thread in the game querie and Nick may pay attention.

Goo
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:12 Mon 30 May 05 (BST)  [Link]  
fowlpest - every tournament since the first one ever held on this website is automated. No one else has a problem with the way they are designed and run. The way they work is the most efficient and ensures full last 16, quarter finals and semi finals.

By the way - i was watching how goo ran the tournament and it was fine - the language you used towards him was an utter DISGRACE. If you EVER use language like that towards someone else on this site you will be banned permanently.

All mods and admins seen to get if grief for simply trying to help out and make the site run smoothly. Goo didnt have to do a tournament today - he only did because a couple of people asked him to.

So in running a tournament for the enjoyment of 36 people, why did he have to get a massive tirade of utter rubbish from you??

I say it was for the enjoyment of 36 people because YOU DIDN'T EVEN ENTER THE TOURNAMENT.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:22 Mon 30 May 05 (BST)  [Link]  
well said nev.
fowlprest, u have made nothin into everything. even if 28 people did have to wait, how long will they have been waiting? 5-10 mins max!
plus u wasnt even in the torny, so how the (swear word) can u talk about this matter???
just think

Edited at 21:22 Mon 30/05/05 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:36 Mon 30 May 05 (BST)  [Link]  
fowlprest if you dont like it just be offline when there is a tourni been hosted, instead of having a go at mods/admins who are tryin their best to make sure all runs smoothly.

Edited at 21:39 Mon 30/05/05 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:03 Mon 30 May 05 (BST)  [Link]  
the name says it all
blazer
blazer
22:03 Mon 30 May 05 (BST)  [Link]  
Please refrain from swearing, racism, sexist comments, or other offending words
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:40 Tue 31 May 05 (BST)  [Link]  
who are you blazer?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:04 Wed 1 Jun 05 (BST)  [Link]  
wouldnt it be a little unfair if a person got from the last 16 to the final on BYEs. thats possible with what fowlprest is suggesting. sorry to inflate my reputation as a ***** for spelling etc., but the word in his name actually means birds etc. unlike the word foul which means... unwholesome

although pest fits the bill, i assume you were referring to his "fowl" language, hehe

Edited at 23:05 Wed 1/06/05 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:49 Thu 2 Jun 05 (BST)  [Link]  
im really scared of nev now, he is really scary....... damn it i just (rude worded myself)
raiden
raiden
14:09 Thu 2 Jun 05 (BST)  [Link]  
nev - i doubt you'd know considering you wasn't here when the first tourny was held.

word.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:12 Thu 2 Jun 05 (BST)  [Link]  
omg raiden ur not bummin the admins/mods.......im gonna pass out
raiden
raiden
14:13 Thu 2 Jun 05 (BST)  [Link]  
i've never sucked an admin or mod, retard.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:31 Thu 2 Jun 05 (BST)  [Link]  
u always do, in almost everyone of your posts your trying to get back into the admins/mods good books so you can become a mod again, coz you got kicked off the team.....retard
raiden
raiden
15:02 Thu 2 Jun 05 (BST)  [Link]  
got kicked off? haha.. i've already admitted i don't wanna be mod again many times and oh look i just did again. idiot.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:06 Thu 2 Jun 05 (BST)  [Link]  
el_diable he was actually having a go at nev not 'getting in his good books', at least read what he put properly!
robin_hood
robin_hood
15:14 Thu 2 Jun 05 (BST)  [Link]  
lol, raiden doesnt suck up, no point. the suck ups are the toss players. and the toss players are the mods and admin. go figure :)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:57 Thu 2 Jun 05 (BST)  [Link]  
i wasnt actually havin a go at nev, his post was really scary.... honest
Pages:
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Goo - about byes

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Pool Events Forum.
Back to Forum List.