UFC Chat (Ultimate Fighting Championship)

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 12
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:13 Sun 11 Jul 10 (BST)  [Link]  
Personally I am surprised because carwin had him down and pounded him but lesnar still sayed with it. Lesnar is very tough and strong but can anyone beat him now? For some experts some may but personally nobody can beat him now. He usses his speed effectively considering he is a heavyweight. His speed is the toughest thing to conquer. I guess it remains to be seen...............
unknown_id
unknown_id
07:51 Sun 11 Jul 10 (BST)  [Link]  
spinner, id happily stand in the ring with lesner, as long as theres.....
no punches, kicks or grapples involved

whens next 1 on i find it hard to keep up since i can only use channel 5 i think it is to watch, and never get told about them - URGH stupid mates
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:15 Sun 11 Jul 10 (BST)  [Link]  
UFC 117: Silva vs. Sonnen is an upcoming mixed martial arts event to be held by the Ultimate Fighting Championship on August 7, 2010 at the Oracle Arena in Oakland, California, United States.

Watchable on ESPN or sopcast/online tv at around 3am GMT, also if you dont feel like staying up, you can do what I do and download it, message me for more info

Preliminary fights
Thiago Silva vs. Tim Boetsch
Dustin Hazelett vs. Rick Story
Stefan Struve vs. Christian Morecraft
Johny Hendricks vs. Charlie Brenneman
Ben Saunders vs. Dennis Hallman
Rodney Wallace vs. Stanislav Nedkov

Main Card

MAIN EVENT: Anderson Silva (c) vs. Chael Sonnen
CO MAIN EVENT: Jon Fitch vs. Thiago Alves
Clay Guida vs. Rafael Dos Anjos
Matt Hughes vs. Ricardo Almeida
Roy Nelson vs. Junior Dos Santos

White has threatened to cut Silva from the UFC if he fights the same way he did in his last bout in Abu Dhabi. "I'm telling you right now, if he acts like that again in the ring, I will cut him," said White. "I don't care if he's the pound for pound best fighter in the world. I don't care if he's the middleweight champion."

My suggested fights
Silva v Sonnen - Sonnen is likely to come out agressive, added empahsis that Silva's career could be on the line.
Clay Guida vs. Rafael Dos Anjos - as most UFC fans know, Clay Guida is a fan favourite, will be good to see how he does after having his previous fight stopped due to a nasty cut that couldn't be treated.

Edited at 00:22 Mon 12/07/10 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:42 Sat 7 Aug 10 (BST)  [Link]  
I'm waiting for Sonnen to get knocked the hell out.
keoghz
keoghz
06:29 Mon 9 Aug 10 (BST)  [Link]  
From round 1-4 Sonnen dominated, Took him down at will each round and kept him there, about 2 mins left in the 5th, Sonnen is on top, and out of nowhere Silva throws on a deep triangle(he is a black belt bjj ya know lol) sonnen trys to pressure out, but taps, theres definitly going to be Silva v' Sonnen 2

Now all we have to do is wait for 118, and Coutoure(one of the best in mma) v Toney(one of the best in boxing) going to be epic!!
spinner
spinner
Admin
17:05 Sun 22 Aug 10 (BST)  [Link]  
Just been checking out Bobby Lashleys fight at Strikeforce Houston against Chad Griggs, as it got a fair bit of press in the Wrestling news sites. A quick youtube search will find the fight, Strikeforce dont seem to mind their stuff being uploaded.

Personally I think Lashley is done with MMA after that. He is clearly not even close to being in the shape the MMA fighters are, let alone the top ranks of the likes of UFC.

Comparisons with Lesnar are inevitable, but where Brock got up bouncing and not even breating heavy after the first round, Lashly could barely stand up straight. Nice try dude, now go back to TNA and try to avoid Joe
Pages: 12
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

UFC Chat (Ultimate Fighting Championship)

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.