The Official End of Season All Star Game!

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.

Pages:
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:25 Fri 9 Oct 09 (BST)  [Link]  
Hi all.

Over the past few weeks myself and a small team of commited clan members have been working towards setting up an all star game (ASG) for the end of this seasons clan competition.

How it works:

The games will work exactly the same as a clan match is held at the moment. An All Star Division 1 team will be selected to play a Division 2 All Star team.

There will be a reduction in team members, with eight lucky people playing and two substitutes for emegencies.

The teams will be selected by a divisional panel; joker86 and mich will be selecting the Division 1 team, and myself with nick_111 will select the division two team.

To be selected, you must first be nominated by your clan captain. Each clan captain will send a list to both selectors for their appropriate division listing three players who they think should be selected for the ASG.

Once all the lists are in, the selectors will review the nominations and will choose a team out of the nominated players.

Each clan will have at least one representitive, and no more than two players will be chosen from one clan.

We then make the draw, send them out and we play the ASG!

Each clan captain will be recieving a message within the next few hours with further instruction.

We hope to start this on the first Sunday after the final round of games have finished.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:02 Fri 9 Oct 09 (BST)  [Link]  
so basically the teams are made up of 3 and the rest is the same as a clan league?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:09 Fri 9 Oct 09 (BST)  [Link]  
each clan captain will nominate three players for selection in the game.

Then the selectors (myself and nick_111 for div 2 and joker86 and mich for div 1) will pick the best team possible.

8 play, two subs.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:15 Fri 9 Oct 09 (BST)  [Link]  
I got everything that you said but what you mean by 8 play,and before you said 3 players for selection in the game? whats the difference
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:32 Fri 9 Oct 09 (BST)  [Link]  
ok, as I am the captain of Blackout, I will be nominating three players.

Then the captain of Gladiators will be nominating three players and so on....each clan captain will nominate three players.

Then from the pool of 18 players (as there are six clans), the selectors will choose 10 players for the ASG.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:40 Fri 9 Oct 09 (BST)  [Link]  
aflumpire said:
Each clan captain will be recieving a message within the next few hours with further instruction.

Surely its all there in the post?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:59 Fri 9 Oct 09 (BST)  [Link]  
everything that everyone needs to know is there - captains have their special instructions and deadlines.

Basicly, captains have until Tuesday Midnight GMT to send their lists to their repective selectors.

Teams will be selected by no later than Thursday Night GMT.

We hope to start on the following Sunday.

If captains do not nominate their three players to us by the deadline, then their clan will have no representation in the match.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
05:29 Sat 10 Oct 09 (BST)  [Link]  
Good idea well done on lifting it off mate but.

It should be MVP take for division 1
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
05:53 Sat 10 Oct 09 (BST)  [Link]  
well i have nominations from two teams so far (including my clan).

The list of all of the nominees will be made public after the nomination deadline (Tuesday Midnight).
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:29 Sat 10 Oct 09 (BST)  [Link]  
hope it goes well its a great idea
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:34 Sat 10 Oct 09 (BST)  [Link]  
First i heard about this was this morning seems joker had just randomly picked me :O however ill do all i can to help this...

May have agreed when drunk not too sure
cool_dude
cool_dude
13:47 Sat 10 Oct 09 (BST)  [Link]  
dont see how its all star when its only 3 from each clan
anonymous
anonymous
15:15 Sat 10 Oct 09 (BST)  [Link]  
cuz it's the top so many players in the league, same idea for team of the week in football, they hardly ever have all 11 players from one team, usually just 3 players from any one team., this is like a team of the year sort of thing...
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:01 Sat 10 Oct 09 (BST)  [Link]  
I agreed flumpy could give this a go i think he can make it a success and means theres a bit of fun in off time between seasons
janmb
janmb
16:46 Sat 10 Oct 09 (BST)  [Link]  
pot_the_lot said:
I agreed flumpy could give this a go i think he can make it a success and means theres a bit of fun in off time between seasons

Glad to hear he talked to league hosts before going ahead and posting "official" posts on behalf of the league this time....

Good initiative too by all means, and yet another good reason why we should consider increasing the break between seasons by another week or two, but that's off topic here so lets debate that elsewhere.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:35 Sat 10 Oct 09 (BST)  [Link]  
cool_dude said:
dont see how its all star when its only 3 from each clan

no, but there will not be three from each clan.

Each clan captain will NOMINATE three of his/her players.

The selection panel (Div 1 - joker and mich, Div 2 - myself and nick_111) will then choose the best 10 player team out of the 18 nominees.

But we have agreed that we will use at least one person from each clan (provided they have nominees in by deadline) and we will not use more than 2 players from one clan.

I put out the idea of reducing the numbers for this first one to see how succesful it is. Maybe at the end of next season, 10 can play and we can have 4 subs - but this is the first go at it, so we have to see how it goes.

Even if Division 1 thrashes division 2 or vice-verser, as long as at least 85% of the games are completed, I would be happy to run this again and maybe expand on it next season.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
08:52 Mon 12 Oct 09 (BST)  [Link]  
All division two nominations have now been recieved and we are now going through the selections.

joker86 has told me that he has hardly any nominations for division one which is a shame.

The faster these nominations are in, the faster we can move things along and perhaps we can start this on friday if we ourselves into gear - giving us two full weekends to play
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
08:56 Mon 12 Oct 09 (BST)  [Link]  
thats cause div 2 are fab and organised :P
dave_c
dave_c
09:57 Mon 12 Oct 09 (BST)  [Link]  
I hope the pigs will be represented...
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:03 Mon 12 Oct 09 (BST)  [Link]  
well while we can not reveal anything - we are having selection headaches in the div 2.

we just spent half an hour arguing over one selection, then we realised that we had to many from one clan which made our choice easier (after half hour).

and then I send the list to nick and we have three from one clan without realising!

so we are close to a team in div 2 - but not quite there yet.

Both div 1 and div 2 will reveal their teams at the same time when they are fully selected.

We will post a full list of the nominees when div 1 get sorted out
Pages:
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

The Official End of Season All Star Game!

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.