League Discussion thread

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 19495
_pro__frog_
_pro__frog_
15:58 Thu 7 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
they are an established clan from what i have seen dont see why they shouldnt be given a chance
blackjack
blackjack
17:02 Thu 7 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
PoolSharks are what the FCL is all about.

Season 1 - alot of stick, they were just starting out with lots of arguements, but they stuck it out and finished way off the pace.
Season 2 - Lots of improvement! They contended against top teams in division 2.

I think poolsharks give many chances to players who are looking to get into clans. They have nothing but bigger clans poaching their players which themselves got from the clan waiting list.

I feel they should be allowed to continue as many of the games not played was down to the oppositions fault and not theres.

To remove them from the Clan league would be setting a poor example to new clans in their first season who are disputing whether they will ever be able to catch the 'big boys'.

They have my backing
rubber_duck
rubber_duck
17:07 Thu 7 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
If you let them in then is there really any point of having these friendlies then to see if teams are reliable? They have proven that they might be unreliable with not completing enough of the games
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:13 Thu 7 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Pretty much of the same opinion as Rubber_duck. The friendlies were set to show a teams commitment to the season coming up. Everyone was given the same criteria to get into the league and they didnt meet it. Everyone else put in the effort to get enough of their games done.

As Rubber said, if they are allowed to enter, what are the point of these friendlies.

I know I dont want a repeat of last season!
blackjack
blackjack
17:14 Thu 7 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
But who says that the games were their fault? There has been no default panel deciding whos fault the games were. They could have just been pitted against two clans who each had problems, but just managed to make the cut. Many clans had 13 games completed whilst Poolsharks had 12. One game difference!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:16 Thu 7 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Think these friendlies came around quicker than most clans expected too and adding to blackjacks good points when you do lose players it's really hard getting the right quality, reliable people in.
If you're cold messaging people 5/10 will get back to you 2/10 will agree and 1/10 will end up being a good signing.
You don't actually know which ones out of your signings will be the good ones till they start playing.
On the other hand have the captain and vices put in that work in the first place? The main deciding factor shouldn't be being a stickler for the rules but whether they will sort things out and be a competitive team.
Last season they were so I think they should get a chance.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:21 Thu 7 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Wether it was one game or 4 they didnt meet the criteria. Not a lot on their thread in the way of chasing their players. To be honest i dont care either way if they get in. If they do though then these friendlies should be scrapped for all future seasons.

I also hope that for the season to come that everyone is a stickler for the rules.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:25 Thu 7 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
blackjack said:
But who says that the games were their fault? There has been no default panel deciding whos fault the games were. They could have just been pitted against two clans who each had problems, but just managed to make the cut. Many clans had 13 games completed whilst Poolsharks had 12. One game difference!

the two clans you reffering to is vipers and fraggles who have both tried endless to play games vipers were second most reliable clan last season, and when sharks captain refuses to make subs and players hardly on and dont reply to messages.

but as i said before give them a chance but there record shows they are unreliable.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:25 Thu 7 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
so if in set 1 of fixtures, one clan only get 12 games played will they be getting kicked out? i hope so if sharks dont get given a chance this is what should happen
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:27 Thu 7 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
onevisit said:
Wether it was one game or 4 they didnt meet the criteria. Not a lot on their thread in the way of chasing their players. To be honest i dont care either way if they get in. If they do though then these friendlies should be scrapped for all future seasons.

I also hope that for the season to come that everyone is a stickler for the rules.

agree rules need to be stuck too and as said these friendlies are there for reason.
blackjack
blackjack
17:28 Thu 7 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
If rules should be stuck too..

Fraggles should be removed from the league:

They put a player in the pre-season friendlies that was not past the one month rule. Therefore poolsharks should be awarded that game as Fraggles knowingly broke the rule and made no attempt to change the fixture

player - the_pun1sh3r

Join date - 03/06/11 Eligibility Date - 03/07/11
Fixture release date was before this, therefore making that player uneligible to play.

Edited at 14:32 Thu 07/07/11 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:31 Thu 7 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
one friendly does not show a clans reliability..it takes a number of fixtures in the season, i get past seasons they ain't been the most reliable but have recruited new players since then....

As i said before i hope that clans who show a number of defaults during the season then get thrown out
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:36 Thu 7 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
We all know they are going to get into the league. My point being i do not want a repeat of last season so hope that future rules are stuck to without fail. Kev and his peeps do a great job but enough is enough. The rules at the start of the season should be adhered to and no flexibility given. It causes more problems if it is given.

As for defaults during a season, this has already been brought up and i agree punishments should be handed out!
blackjack
blackjack
17:37 Thu 7 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
blackjack said:
If rules should be stuck too..

Fraggles should be removed from the league:

They put a player in the pre-season friendlies that was not past the one month rule. Therefore poolsharks should be awarded that game as Fraggles knowingly broke the rule and made no attempt to change the fixture

player - the_pun1sh3r

Join date - 03/06/11 Eligibility Date - 03/07/11
Fixture release date was before this, therefore making that player uneligible to play.

Another Fraggles Player that was ineligible for the pre-season friendlies:

wicked

Played his pre-season friendly.
Pre-season friendlies release - 17/06/2011
Wicked's Eligibility Date - 23/06/2011
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:39 Thu 7 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
spoonie as detective
blackjack
blackjack
17:40 Thu 7 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Well this is unfair...

Howcome Poolsharks have to abide by the rules yet Fraggles are aloud to ignore these rules and also get away with it.

Absolute Joke!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:43 Thu 7 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
well if that case vipers need to be taken out as do couple of teams and kev was asked before fixtures could new players be tested in friendlies hence they friendlies he said yes but the players joing after fixture rule will still stand except in the case of 8s and cobras so if that case 8s viper cobras and fraggles need to be withdrawn
blackjack
blackjack
17:45 Thu 7 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Crazy 8s and Cobras are allowed to, they were reigning champions, they did not need to do pre-season friendlies

However, Fraggles and Vipers must be removed too if this has happened.

If you can break rules for some teams, you can break rules for others. Poolsharks can stay in my books, if the league runners are allowing rule breaking BEFORE the pre-season friendlies.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:46 Thu 7 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
blackjack said:
Well this is unfair...

Howcome Poolsharks have to abide by the rules yet Fraggles are aloud to ignore these rules and also get away with it.

Absolute Joke!

look this a joke kev is in charge and he said the new players can play in pre season but not in league the preseason is to test reliabilty but hey let them in and we just have another season of defaults arguments.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:47 Thu 7 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
.....riots reported on fraggle rock!
.........dozers trampled!
.............carnage!!
Pages: 19495
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

League Discussion thread

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.