League Discussion thread

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 19798
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:26 Thu 7 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
seriously lol

and FYI only u got a prob and keep going on and on .

kev04 said:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Back on topic of Pool Sharks please, now!

simple yes or no
blackjack
blackjack
18:28 Thu 7 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Poolsharks should be allowed in.

Why not give them an advantage like Fraggles had.

Unfair to kick them out when they abided by official rules and had no help from league runners.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:28 Thu 7 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
my answer after looking throught there thread is no

got better players but no one to steer the ship.

not seen there cap or v cap chase games
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:31 Thu 7 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Looking through their thread as well I don't see a major effort by their captain or vice-captains for that matter, urging members to play their games
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:34 Thu 7 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
i agree with the above i had so much fun getting the games played i could not get hold of the captain
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
18:35 Thu 7 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
question for kenny, no one else answer unless your from Vipers or Pool Sharks.

did pool sharks message your players in the games that was uncompleted?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:35 Thu 7 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
The leader of the league was asked whether the players in the clans were allowed to play in the friendlies, they were told yes. Any other clan could have asked and I presume would have received the same answer-you cannot say it is preferential treatment unless you have one clan that was told they were not allowed to do so, every rule is different and the discretion of the runners comes into play if any are broken as to the punishment, if any...

With regards to Pool Sharks, it was one game (from what I understand, not read back too far, gave up with it). Although the friendlies were to judge a clans reliability and a clear precedent was set out about not participating if a clan doesn't fulfill their requirement of games, due to the fact that it was only one game, I would be inclined to let them in, provided the reasons for the lack of games being played are looked at in depth. If they weren't played due to Sharks' part in the main, then they probably shouldn't be allowed in, otherwise they should.

That's my two cents thrown in, anyway.
blackjack
blackjack
18:37 Thu 7 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
dgeneratio said:
question for kenny, no one else answer unless your from Vipers or Pool Sharks.

did pool sharks message your players in the games that was uncompleted?

On behalf of poolsharks... Love the fact youve asked Kenny lmao!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:38 Thu 7 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
i had 1 game with sharks after i had to make sevral subs and moves to fit in with them as they do not reply to messages.

fixture between

07nels07 vs gibo1987

was aranged for monday 07nels07 was on all day as to was i gibbo1987 never showed or replyed to messages.

also it took several attempts by 07nels07 to get arranged for gibbo1987 to no show.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:31 Thu 7 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
blackjack said:
Poolsharks should be allowed in.

Why not give them an advantage like Fraggles had.

Unfair to kick them out when they abided by official rules and had no help from league runners.

blackjack said:

1.12 Player account requirements
All players playing in the league need to have an account at least 1 month old.

Why didnt we get told you could break this rule?

Only one team missed the cut off point and they didn't have any players that this rule applied to so it wouldn't have made any difference to them whatsoever.

Not saying you're wrong about letting the sharks in but this hasn't got anything to do with that debate.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:39 Thu 7 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
with the legend killers folding am sure they will have a few reliable players therefore this gives the sharks to replace any unactive players with some reliable 1s.

And to what i asked earlier if a clan only completes 12 fixtures in the season will they get removed as they have not met the entry requirements
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:15 Thu 7 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
I've got to agree with letting sharks in if they were aware we were allowed to bend rules to get fixtures done like fraggles am sure they would have got their games played.

If this league is going to succeed these rule bending problems need to be irradicated, it's always what start the arguments!! And once again.. It's happened to give preferencal treatment to a clan connected to someone who has power in the league.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
23:03 Thu 7 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
we will make a choice tonight regarding pool sharks as we need to get the fixture draws done and teamlists sent out.

i see some want sharks in and some don't.

i don't base my choice on rule bending, yes it was wrong and teams probably should have been informed but its done with now and rules won't be bent during the season.

i base my choice on effort during the fixture, if sharks did a good enough job sending messages etc then i would let them in of course, if they didn't do a good job with effort (including captains and vices chasing players) then they might not make it.

and kenny is hosting the site nothing more, except doing subs for us.

anyway we will make a choice once kev comes online

Edited at 20:13 Thu 07/07/11 (BST)
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
23:21 Thu 7 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Thats how it should be done, on effort made to get the fixture done and whether it is sufficient enough to get fixtures done with minimal defaults
ab_rfc
ab_rfc
23:40 Thu 7 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
blackjack said:
This thread does not need capping. Stop defending Fraggles for crying out loud. They broke the rules!

1.12 Player account requirements
All players playing in the league need to have an account at least 1 month old.

Why didnt we get told you could break this rule?

Wasn't a league game so as far as I can see no rule was broken. the rule clearly states playing in the league, leagues not started yet, this was a pre season friendly, how many football teams out there are playing trialists at the moment in pre season friendlies ?.

Now to Pool Sharks, is it really that bad that they missed the cut by 1 game, when was the figure of 13 agreed ?, would see the point causing all this debates if they missed the cut by loads but its only one, have the league runners taken the time to ask why the other games were not played, 4 defaults, surely if they are not to blame for one of them that gives them 13, also I see it was mentioned they have new players, give them a chance.
_pro__frog_
_pro__frog_
00:23 Fri 8 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
i think that is a good call. The rules apply to the league, the friendlies are testing the relibility and the willingness of captains and players, not the status of their accounts. and if pool sharks were allowed a player that hadnt been on the site for a month then they would have got their games played. To keep it fair and equal, pool sharks should be granted entry to the league.
blackjack
blackjack
00:24 Fri 8 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
no_surrender said:
I've got to agree with letting sharks in if they were aware we were allowed to bend rules to get fixtures done like fraggles am sure they would have got their games played.

If this league is going to succeed these rule bending problems need to be irradicated, it's always what start the arguments!! And once again.. It's happened to give preferencal treatment to a clan connected to someone who has power in the league.

Although i dont want to start an arguement again, the second paragraph is KEY to what i was trying to explain earlier.

How is it fair that the rules were bent to help Fraggles make the cut and allow them into the league, but poolsharks miss out by one game and didnt have any rules bent for their players?

As for people saying its not related to the league so this rule doesnt count, i would like to point out!

The game involving wicked (who was ineligible) was completed adding 1 game towards the cut figure for Fraggles.

Fraggles 13/16 .. if you take one away... 12/16 .. Fraggles did not make the cut without kev bending the rules for them. This is the key point.
ab_rfc
ab_rfc
00:39 Fri 8 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
There was no bending the rules for anyone tho, the rule clearly states playing in the league, this was pre season friendlies., maybe something needs added to the rules but as far as I can see Kev or fraggles did nothing wrong, if the rules said can't play at all then fine but they don't. I think its a great idea for new players to play in the pre season friendlies to test their reliability and let them get used to the clan formats.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
00:52 Fri 8 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
hopefully kev will come on tonight if not it maybe tomorrow before we reach a choice, i sent my views over anyway.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:56 Fri 8 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
This was not a league game though spoonie you're completely missing the point. These were pre-season friendlies. fraz_viper came to asking the question could they play in pre-season friendlies and since their accounts would be eligible by the time the official season kicked off there was no reason to not let them play in the fixtures.
Pages: 19798
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

League Discussion thread

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.