World Cup South Africa 2010

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 11819
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
17:29 Sun 11 Jul 10 (BST)  [Link]  
Exactly, it tells you how boringly defensive a team are when they have more clear cut chances than an attacking side who had more possession for most of the game

Dutch didnt really let them attack because they got so many bodies back
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:31 Sun 11 Jul 10 (BST)  [Link]  
Defending is an art Zak. And possession? What does possession count for if you don't create chances which Spain didn't really do in any of their 7 games, some of the goals were gifts.

It can be entertaining to see counter attacking football rather than pass pass pass, half a chance, nah, pass.

Anyway, we know who the real winners are

New Zealand - ONLY team unbeaten in the World Cup, take that Spain
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
17:57 Sun 11 Jul 10 (BST)  [Link]  
I knew what that spoiler was gonna be before i clicked it

defending is an art yeah, not when its just put bodies behind the ball and just mark them out

Throw your bodies in the way, make last ditch tackles, stay shoulder to shoulder with a pacey attack for 30 yards and muscle him off

not foul them and just just mark them out the game

Even boring, the chances spain had were attacking, like their defenders getting up and getting a header from a corner not, countering and just running (and then making a poor go of it)

Casillas did well but if Robben was more clinical, he'd have got it over him easily or even around him if he'd have been on it as keeper went down

The Fabregas chance was similar (but he had the man to pass to for a certain goal and then a minute later got in keepers way and would've cost spain a goal at both ends) only the keeper did a bit better and stayed on his feet until after the shot and saved a shot that was pretty much at him
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
17:57 Sun 11 Jul 10 (BST)  [Link]  
Get Robben out of your squads
and keep Fabregas out!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:15 Sun 11 Jul 10 (BST)  [Link]  
Casillas made a good save against Robben, hence why he is ahead of Reina, that woeful keeper. And Cesc was right to shoot, but once again, good save by the keeper.

And going on your basis, how many chances did Torres miss in the tournament or create? Get him out your team.

I probably see this different to you because I am a goalkeeper/defender for my teams, so have the defensive approach and admire good defending.

I like how some people say Robben is a big diver, yet stayed on his feet when Puyol fouled him. Then you have Iniesta fall over from the smallest touches from Heitinga then have the cheek to wave the imaginery card (hate players who do that), then minutes later, dived again.
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
18:23 Sun 11 Jul 10 (BST)  [Link]  
Im an all-rounder
both shots were relatively close to the keepers, they had no choice but to come out like that, but Casillas went down just before the shot, a better striker would've beaten him comfortably Reina stays big

Torres was woeful this tournament maybe because of injury maybe not

Form'll come back and he'll be scoring world class goals again

I play rugby a lot, you stay up then unless you're physically taken off your feet, most of the 'fouls' from both sides were just silly really. would be nice to see a return of the old english game with no diving but, alas its here to stay most likely (i would like to see red card possibilities for dives where the tackler would be sent off if it was a foul to stop some dives)
Pages: 11819
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

World Cup South Africa 2010

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.