Funkypool Entertainment Sports Programming Network

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 123
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
15:35 Sun 18 Jul 10 (BST)  [Link]  
I'd probably say record a few 'crucial' frames

I shall get to work on this after i break up for summer (tuesday)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:08 Sun 18 Jul 10 (BST)  [Link]  
dgeneratio said:
question for rob, do we record the whole match or apart of it?

whole game, then you send it to me via a rapishare or zvideo link, then I edit it into a highlight reel

thats the original plan for now, but I have a few suprises in store if I have time to do them
janmb
janmb
16:19 Sun 18 Jul 10 (BST)  [Link]  
__robdut__ said:
want me to do another tutorial on how to actually use the program?

No tutorial needed for my own part at least, but it would be a good idea to post a list of settings we should use imo (to get it more or less standard from all recorders)

Personally I had some issues if I left it on automatic codec - got wrong colors for some reason (typically looked like RGB vs CMYK mixup)

The Cinepak codec seems to work fine though. I recorded at 10 fps, unsure if you want or need more.

I also suggest everyone use the Screen Area (Select Region button) to actually select only the part of the window you actually need to record. It's wasted resources to record adverts / chat etc. As long as you get the table, the player names/score above it, and the spin settings, that should suffice.
_k1rk_
_k1rk_
16:20 Sun 18 Jul 10 (BST)  [Link]  
Thing with crucial frames is unless it a final frame decider that will be the main crucial frame in a match, it would probably better to record the whole game to catch the best bits as rob says as that would give a better story to the game.

Also just curious but players wouldnt record their own game would they, just with these programme's it might lag the person a bit unless you have a uber computer lol.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
16:29 Sun 18 Jul 10 (BST)  [Link]  
I was meant to record my game tonight but didn't remember, ill do next one for sure
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:42 Sun 18 Jul 10 (BST)  [Link]  
can i do a story on games or anythin i cant do recording stuff though
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:08 Sun 18 Jul 10 (BST)  [Link]  
janmb said:
__robdut__ said:
want me to do another tutorial on how to actually use the program?

No tutorial needed for my own part at least, but it would be a good idea to post a list of settings we should use imo (to get it more or less standard from all recorders)

Personally I had some issues if I left it on automatic codec - got wrong colors for some reason (typically looked like RGB vs CMYK mixup)

The Cinepak codec seems to work fine though. I recorded at 10 fps, unsure if you want or need more.

I also suggest everyone use the Screen Area (Select Region button) to actually select only the part of the window you actually need to record. It's wasted resources to record adverts / chat etc. As long as you get the table, the player names/score above it, and the spin settings, that should suffice.

I'll do a setup video asap, I use the auto codec but we can all change if need be

by any chance could you show me what happened with the colours mate, upload the video file to repidshare and give me a link so I can download and view it if possible, even if it's only 2-3 sceonds of footage

Edited at 22:22 Sun 18/07/10 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:12 Sun 18 Jul 10 (BST)  [Link]  
_k1rk_ said:
Thing with crucial frames is unless it a final frame decider that will be the main crucial frame in a match, it would probably better to record the whole game to catch the best bits as rob says as that would give a better story to the game.

Also just curious but players wouldnt record their own game would they, just with these programme's it might lag the person a bit unless you have a uber computer lol.

Most of the game recorders I have spoken to have very little or no lag, so could if wanted to, record their own games. I myself have never really had lag, but as aforementioned I do have a high spec comp, if anyone doesn't want to record their own game, or has issues in running both programs at the same time, they are more than happy to call in another game recorder to do it for them.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
17:14 Sun 18 Jul 10 (BST)  [Link]  
i use the default one.
janmb
janmb
17:33 Sun 18 Jul 10 (BST)  [Link]  
_k1rk_ said:

I have no noticeable lag what so ever as long as I keep the resolution and frame rate at a fairly sensible level. No concerns with recording my own games at all.
janmb
janmb
17:42 Sun 18 Jul 10 (BST)  [Link]  
__robdut__ said:
by any chance could you show me what happened with the colours mate, upload the video file to repidshare and give me a link so I can download and view it if possible, even if it's only 2-3 sceonds of footage

PM me an email, it's not large
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:21 Sun 18 Jul 10 (BST)  [Link]  
Current Game Recorders

__robdut__ (Staff leader)
master_p00l
dgeneratio
kevross
janmb
zantetsukenz
stokies_back
warney (to be confirmed)
_k1rk_
_k1rk_
18:25 Sun 18 Jul 10 (BST)  [Link]  
Must be a decent programme then as most people usually find things like msn even lag them.
janmb
janmb
18:31 Sun 18 Jul 10 (BST)  [Link]  
msn is nastier than you'd think... recording at moderate settings is nowhere near as bad as those damn msn ad lags
_k1rk_
_k1rk_
18:36 Sun 18 Jul 10 (BST)  [Link]  
I expected it to sort of be like movie maker, in which case that's unplayable with when your using it.
janmb
janmb
19:40 Sun 18 Jul 10 (BST)  [Link]  
More comparable to fraps and similar - which people have been using for real-time recording of games for years
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
04:55 Mon 19 Jul 10 (BST)  [Link]  
wats jobs are there left?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
05:58 Mon 19 Jul 10 (BST)  [Link]  
marcolupetti said:
wats jobs are there left?

send familyguy0 an offline message, he may be able to give you something to do
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:55 Tue 20 Jul 10 (BST)  [Link]  
I am the pre-game analyst
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:52 Tue 20 Jul 10 (BST)  [Link]  
Alright rob I have a video how do I send it to you for you to make highlights - I just want the top 10 shots of the match
Pages: 123
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Funkypool Entertainment Sports Programming Network

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.