New website for the clan league!

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.

Pages:
janmb
janmb
14:22 Fri 23 Jul 10 (BST)  [Link]  
We are happy to announce we will be using a new website for the league from season 11, starting about Aug. 8th.

The new website is found at <snipped>

The prime reason for developing a new site is that dave_c unfortunately no longer is active and we need a site we can make changes to when needed. The content is more or less the same you are used to, with a few improvements here and there - some minor, some more important.

Forum sign-up:
Just like for the old site, we use forums for handling user log-ins. Therefore, in order to be able to input scores, users must register on the new site's forum found at <snipped>

Registration is mandatory for captains, preferred for vice-captains, and optional for regular clan members.

Make sure to sign up with 100% the same user name you use here on funkypool.

Accounts will be manually confirmed using offline messages here on funky before it's activated - this to make sure no one registers in someone else' name.

We wish everyone good luck with the new website!

And problems, suggestions or questions, please message janmb

Thanks

Edited by forum moderator nick, at 17:25 Mon 11/10/10 (BST)

Edited by forum moderator nick, at 17:26 Mon 11/10/10 (BST)
janmb
janmb
14:32 Fri 23 Jul 10 (BST)  [Link]  
A small summary of changes from the old site:

1. We can change this when we want to!

2. Individual league scoring has been changed in accordance with popular opinion from last season: The scoring is now based on winning games. A won game = 3 points. Ties are sorted by frames won, so it's still important to fight for that 4th and 5th frame.

3. The cup will be displayed as a tournament tree, much like you see for any other cup-type tournament in the real world. This is still not complete, but once done should provide a lot better overview over the cup - including being able to see "which team do we meet if we win this round".

4. Team listings now include links to each team's clan thread here on funky. No big deal, just another small piece of convenience.

5. New and improved input score abilities!
Players are now able to input scores for all game types: League, CUP and individual leagues themselves. Currently, the rules are that captains and VCs can input scores for their entire team, while regular members can input scores for their own game. All registered users are able to input scores for individual leagues, but we might look at restricting that somewhat if needed. Also, for individual results, they are now timestamped and automatically checked for duplicates

Any comments, shoot!
janmb
janmb
14:33 Fri 23 Jul 10 (BST)  [Link]  
And a couple known issues:

- Cup pages are still in work so expect a little mess there for a few more days

- Rules are not done yet (will be same as on old site anyway, except 14 clan max and new scoring for ind. leagues)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:17 Fri 23 Jul 10 (BST)  [Link]  
in simple terms love you jan :)

cracking web happy its up an running in time for new season :) had a few register already i see
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
17:39 Fri 23 Jul 10 (BST)  [Link]  
yep i was one of 1st to register as i was Jans tester (aka guinea pig) lol
kevross
kevross
17:49 Fri 23 Jul 10 (BST)  [Link]  
Very nice Jan, looks good and works well
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:50 Fri 23 Jul 10 (BST)  [Link]  
tis nice maybe some more colour though?
janmb
janmb
18:00 Fri 23 Jul 10 (BST)  [Link]  
vendetta said:
tis nice maybe some more colour though?

Yeah I know the looks are a bit on the boring side at the moment

Once all the content is in place and everything works as intended, we'll have a good going over the looks and make sure everything nice and polished. Adjusting looks pretty much boils down to adjusting 4-5 parameters in a single setup file though, so it's very easy to play around with that later
blueberry
blueberry
18:06 Fri 23 Jul 10 (BST)  [Link]  
sounds great guys, thanks for the work going on in the background.. gonna check it out now
horse10000
horse10000
18:07 Fri 23 Jul 10 (BST)  [Link]  
Looks good jan
elliott1234
elliott1234
18:09 Fri 23 Jul 10 (BST)  [Link]  
mabye uploads captains and vc captains pic
janmb
janmb
18:14 Fri 23 Jul 10 (BST)  [Link]  
elliott1234 said:
mabye uploads captains and vc captains pic

Not a bad idea, it's been noted!
elliott1234
elliott1234
19:18 Fri 23 Jul 10 (BST)  [Link]  
y not a knock out league ran by another staff member and it includes straight , 8 uk ,us and 9 us
_flawless_
_flawless_
19:52 Fri 23 Jul 10 (BST)  [Link]  
Jan outstanding work mate, love the new web site so i should be able to in put scores now haha

and what you said in reply to my post on Individual League Thread you scared me till i seen spoiler
janmb
janmb
06:45 Sat 24 Jul 10 (BST)  [Link]  
elliott1234 said:
y not a knock out league ran by another staff member and it includes straight , 8 uk ,us and 9 us

We might add more competitions at some stage, but right now I think I have more than enough with making sure what we already have works out well
elliott1234
elliott1234
07:36 Sat 24 Jul 10 (BST)  [Link]  
indeed it might but ill think more crazy ideas
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
08:21 Sat 24 Jul 10 (BST)  [Link]  
sounds like the random tournament to me elliott.
janmb
janmb
08:24 Sat 24 Jul 10 (BST)  [Link]  
I'm adding a few fixtures, a few cup rounds etc so people can test inputting scores if they like... Should also give a better idea of what the tables will look like etc

These results are pure test data so feel free to play around with the results as much as you like
janmb
janmb
06:04 Sun 25 Jul 10 (BST)  [Link]  
And typically enough, the day after announcing the new web, my cable modem acts up after having had stable connection for over a year lol

Getting it replaced tomorrow, but also going away between 28th and 2nd, so worst case, expect downtime till over the weekend. Will be sorted well before season start though.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
08:54 Sun 25 Jul 10 (BST)  [Link]  
ive registered, but ive used a different email to my funkypool email, does this matter? =S
Pages:
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

New website for the clan league!

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.