RIP Shoya Tomizawa

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
05:10 Tue 7 Sep 10 (BST)  [Link]  
Unfortunately deaths still happen in motor racing.

In a Moto2 race in San Marino GP at Misano World Circuit, the 19 year-old Japanese rider fell off his bike right in front of Italy's Alex de Angelis (26) and Britain's Scott Redding (17) who unfortunately hit him before falling off themselves.

de Angelis was able to walk away from the crash, however, Redding and Tomizawa were hurriedly stretchered away.

Redding received 10 stitches for a back laceration.

It is reported Tomizawa was dropped in the gravel trap from his stretcher which could have caused more damage. He suffered cranial, thoracic and abdominal trauma.

Do feel sorry for de Angelis and Redding, in particular Redding as he is only 17 and to be involved in something like this at such a tender age. Redding could be a future star of MotoGP, but depends how he gets over this.

Tomizawa was tipped to be a future star but unfortunately running wide on a turn has cost him his life

RIP Shoya Tomizawa (10th December 1990 - 5th September 2010)
jimfaebod
jimfaebod
09:58 Tue 7 Sep 10 (BST)  [Link]  
Not a ,lover of moto gp, but any sportsmen or woman who tragically loses their life doing what they are good at deserves a mention..

RIP Shoya

Edited at 09:03 Tue 07/09/10 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:34 Tue 7 Sep 10 (BST)  [Link]  
Not a fan of the sport to be honest but always sad to hear about the death of a person, and from what I have read he was a well loved person within the sport.

Just seen the video of the accident online, and well it wasn't nice to see to be honest.

R.I.P
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:55 Tue 7 Sep 10 (BST)  [Link]  
Oh my, what a shame

I heard of the crash when I watched a couple of laps last night and the commentators said that the injured rider (I presume it was Tomizawa) did 'not have life threatening injuries'.

Such a shame.

R.I.P mate
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:28 Tue 7 Sep 10 (BST)  [Link]  
Such a shame R.I.P
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:01 Tue 7 Sep 10 (BST)  [Link]  
R.I.P - A brilliant rider, and what they say is true, he would have been a future star.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:30 Tue 7 Sep 10 (BST)  [Link]  
R.I.P
crazzymadman
crazzymadman
Admin
21:36 Tue 7 Sep 10 (BST)  [Link]  
Sad Day R.I.P
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:52 Wed 8 Sep 10 (BST)  [Link]  
RIP

just watched vid all happened so quick so sad feel for his family
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:32 Fri 10 Sep 10 (BST)  [Link]  
R.I.P.

Saw the video after hearing there was a crashing while I was watching the Moto GP race. Awful to hear about, San Marino does seem to have a habit of being a danger to racing drivers
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

RIP Shoya Tomizawa

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.