Viewing forum thread.
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.

Pages:
nick
nick
Admin
12:14 Mon 22 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
I'm excited to add a new tournament competition to funkypool! From now on, each tournament you enter will have TournaPoints, and the one with the most TournaPoints in a given day, week, or month will receive a medal on their profile!

A tournament will be worth a number of TournaPoints dependent on the number of entrants. Also there are prizes available to the runner up and the semi-finalists!

Tournaments and TournaPoints will now be the most competitive games on the site. As such the ranking points played for in tournament games are double what you play for in normal games. They will also be exclusive - newbies in the tournament game type cannot join! This gives new users something to work towards and prevents resetters joining the tournament.

There will also be Super Tournaments - seasonal tournaments with lots more TournaPoints available, plus this will also remain on your profile permanently!

You can see where you stand in the current TournaPoint competition on your personal home page.

Other changes
Ranking point changes for normal games have been lowered.
Ranking points will drop each day dependent on the highest ranking point you have achieved. See http://www.funkypool.com/help#rankings

So how does this work?
A tournament is worth 20 TournaPoints for each entrant. Winner takes 70%, runner-up 20% and semi-finalists 5% each. At the end of each day, week, or month (starting December) the one with the most TournaPoints wins the event, and a bronze (daily), silver (weekly), or gold (monthly) medal permanently for their profile page.

Random tournaments?
Must be non newbie in each event possible, ie UK 8 ball, US 8 ball, US 9 ball.

Edited at 10:37 Mon 22/11/10 (GMT)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:17 Mon 22 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
Sounds like a awesome idea!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:51 Mon 22 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
does this mean all tournaments are now ranked?
nick
nick
Admin
12:53 Mon 22 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
Yes - all tournaments are ranked (with the exception of the current random tournament which I didn't alter in time).
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:55 Mon 22 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
mich said:
Sounds like a awesome idea!

It does indeed - something really fresh for players.

My only very slight reservation would be that on a straight points accumulation basis it favours those that have unlimited access to playing on here over those that have not (work committements etc) but I guess the only way round that would be to calculate some sort of points/tournament entered average, subject to minimum qualifying criteria, which might kind of over complicate it somewhat.

Nice one Nick
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:01 Mon 22 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
Total amazingness!!!!!!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:56 Mon 22 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
This is the way to go Nick - excellent - it will be interesting to see the rankings after a few weeks / months in each format of the game. No hiding place with all Tournies ranked - same for everyone. Bring it on......!
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
14:32 Mon 22 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
great work nick, at the moment i don't agree with all tournaments ranked but once i get into swing of things i might change my mind.

the tournie points is the best idea we have had, possibly would get me playing tournaments again.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:59 Mon 22 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
how will it work if you are timed out in a game???

will you both lose rank, or will your rank stay the same?
nick
nick
Admin
15:01 Mon 22 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
Good question. A double disqualification wont effect your rankings or your wins and losses.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
15:03 Mon 22 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
yep its basically the same as the server going down, any games played at the time would be non exsistent.

i could just imagine entering an original tournament when this comes out and lose 24 points to a 600 haha.

nick is the 1000 rank still impossible or has the double rank made it possible?

Edited at 13:14 Mon 22/11/10 (GMT)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:18 Mon 22 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
Sounds great!
unknown_id
unknown_id
17:37 Mon 22 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
sounds intresting but meh!.

Tournys and rank crossing over i dont agree with, i dont hardly play tournys they bore me, even with double rank etc etc it would bore me. The tourny needs to be improved more IMO.
nick
nick
Admin
17:39 Mon 22 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
unknown_id said:
The tourny needs to be improved more IMO.

Suggest away, please.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:44 Mon 22 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
has this moved over to snooker aswell?
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
17:45 Mon 22 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
yes mate

which means i can risk ALL my rank on snooker as i dont care but for pool i like to sit on 800 rank, may enter straight for a laugh sometimes as im only 750 on that.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:50 Mon 22 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
800 rank will reduce daily to min 750 under new rules by 1 pt a day for each format
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:52 Mon 22 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
Nick

when u enter a tourny - presumably you are placing 20 of ur own tournapoints in the pot so ur total will reduce by 20 pts if u dont make semi final??
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
17:55 Mon 22 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
al_ said:
800 rank will reduce daily to min 750 under new rules by 1 pt a day for each format

hmm i dont like that tbh

will prob force me to log into both sites at same time to keep above 800, i know 1 thing though, it will be challenging which is one of the things i like.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:56 Mon 22 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
Hmm looks like may have to take a nip over
(plus im liking power snooker)

Liking the update Nick cheers mate

could we like have Objective to get the medals like a page to see how mnay points you need to get this medal etc?
Pages:
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

New Tournament Competition, Big Update!

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.