FBL Discussion and News thread

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Funky Billiards League.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 1
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:29 Sat 29 Jan 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
so in other words what I am proposing suits you down to the ground?

You play a season in the new league, when that finishes then you run and play in the FCL, and when that finishes then you play in the new league again and so on.
blueberry
blueberry
22:55 Sat 29 Jan 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
As captain of Shooters all I can say is that trying to keep on top of 3 leagues this season myself took the enjoyment out of the game for me and was nothing short of a nightmare at times.. so 2 leagues max or rolled in to one, 'if it works' can't be a bad thing
spoonie
spoonie
23:00 Sat 29 Jan 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
As a captain of Evolutions, i feel 2 leagues running at the same time is the best way forward..

1 league would be too little for your players to get a fair amount of games

3 leagues is way too much to keep track of.

Therefore i dont like the rotating system, but with 3 leagues on the go, some kind of rotating system could be put in place so that only 2 leagues are running at 1 time.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:01 Sat 29 Jan 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
I think a few might agree there berry

Just to confirm these would still be two completely different leagues - just not running at the same time as each other ideally.

if people want two leagues at the same time then I don't have a problem with that. I would still be anti players playing for two different teams where both teams are in both leagues.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
23:52 Sat 29 Jan 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
long as FCL aint involved then im all for it.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:08 Sun 30 Jan 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
Cobras are in CPL and FCL this season. We managed to play most of our matches. We have players who want to play only FCL and player who we have only for CPL.

Having unique league would be good idea, because player is member of one team. We can have one official Clan league, where all disciplines are played. And fixtures are issued weekly. One week one fixture. In order to reward most complete players and clans I suggest this system:

Fixture format: 8 matches
Game Format: 8 ball US, 9 ball US, 8 ball UK - first to 3 wins; straight - one game

Without bonuses or similiar stuff.

Winning of each discipline will be counted as 1 point.
so game can finish 4-0, 3-1 or 2-2.

In that way even if you lost 3-0 in first 2 disciplines you can strive to pull out tie, and player who won first 2 disciplines cannot relax thinking that job is done.

Then in clan overall you can have winner (3pts) or tie (1pts) game, like in football leagues.

Example:

Clan1 18 - 14 Clan2

fix1 3-1
fix2 4-0
fix3 1-3
fix4 2-2
fix5 1-3
fix6 2-2
fix7 4-0
fix8 1-3

Clan1 gets 3 points with frame difference 18-14, clan2 gets 0 points 14-18 fr.dif.
Frame difference will metter only if 2 teams are on same points.

Premier league (10 clans).
Championship remaining interested clans.

I suggest that clans should meet twice, and we will have 18 games played by each clan. Last two clans are relegating in Championship, and first two from Championship are promotiong to Premier league.
spoonie
spoonie
10:13 Sun 30 Jan 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
Pod, there isnt enough clans to pull your idea off, although its a good idea..

I really dont like the idea of having 1 league running at a time, this could make it really tough for players to get fair amount of games.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:27 Sun 30 Jan 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
how many clans are there including mine The Legend Killers
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:55 Sun 30 Jan 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
Wait so there is going to be a fourth clan league?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:02 Mon 31 Jan 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
If you'd bothered to read back then you'd have seen
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
05:58 Mon 31 Jan 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
yah....
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
08:11 Mon 31 Jan 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
Personally, I think there should be no more than two clan leagues.

FCL will probably never go as they are the 'original' clan league and the most stable of all time.

So whether to FPL goes, the CPL goes or they combine, or they both go and we have an entirely new league - I think we do need to cut back down to two leagues.

I think it is important to have two leagues to maximise the amount of players that can play in a clan as possible.

That way, clans can have the same squad for two leagues, or two completley different squads for the two different leagues.

When the FPL came in as the alternative clan league, it was very popular and the overall reception of a second league was very good.

If you go back to one clan league, you will have too many people trying to put in their inputs and then you put the only one clan league in jeopardy of collapsing due to arguments and so forth.

So I think we should stick to two clan leagues, to maximise the amount of people that can play in a clan as well as to somewhat ease the pressure off league runners.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:18 Mon 31 Jan 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
i agree with what aflumpire said seems to be easy that way
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:33 Mon 31 Jan 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
spoonie said:
Pod, there isnt enough clans to pull your idea off, although its a good idea..

I really dont like the idea of having 1 league running at a time, this could make it really tough for players to get fair amount of games.

yes there is that much clans

1. Cobras
2. Top dogs
3. Nutters
4. Sharpshooters
5. Untouchables
6. Unbeatables
7. Evolutions
8. The Firing Squad
9. The Vikings
10. Pool sharks
11. The Snipers
12. The Legend killers
13. Team Angry

There is 13 clans that i am aware of existance.

Counting that some of them will not participate we are on number of at least 10 clans.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:13 Tue 1 Feb 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
I was thinking maybe 2 leagues on at a time( I haven't checked if this has been said) so they rotate round 2 at a time.
spoonie
spoonie
00:32 Tue 1 Feb 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
1. Cobras
2. Top dogs
4. Sharpshooters
5. Untouchables
6. Unbeatables
7. Evolutions
8. The Firing Squad
9. The Vikings
10. Pool sharks
12. The Legend killers
13. Team Angry

11 clans .. nutters looks to be collapsing and Snipers already have..
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:09 Tue 1 Feb 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
___skillz___ said:
I was thinking maybe 2 leagues on at a time( I haven't checked if this has been said) so they rotate round 2 at a time.

You can quite easily run two clan leagues at the same time, without one having to wait for the other etc.

Most (if not all) clans have substitutes - so the smart clans will even out their best players to enter two leagues.

Some players get two matches per week, but the important thing is that many players will get one match per week.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:00 Tue 1 Feb 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
spoonie said:
1. Cobras
2. Top dogs
4. Sharpshooters
5. Untouchables
6. Unbeatables
7. Evolutions
8. The Firing Squad
9. The Vikings
10. Pool sharks
12. The Legend killers
13. Team Angry

11 clans .. nutters looks to be collapsing and Snipers already have..

Ok 11 clans.
If one more collapse we have 10 clans to compete for the title. Would be great league. Like in football: we will have relegation (if there is 2 new clans then last 2 clans on table from league are unavailable for next season except that there is no new interests and new clans who want to enter the league, or if some other clan ranked higher collapse).

I think that competition of this format will reduce clan collapsing, and will encourage creation of new clans.
diamond_cut
diamond_cut
18:11 Tue 1 Feb 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
Would it be right to have a 2-3 clan "championship" and a 10 clan premiership?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:39 Tue 1 Feb 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
Good Idea
Pages: 1
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

FBL Discussion and News thread

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Funky Billiards League.
Back to Forum List.