FBL Discussion and News thread

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Funky Billiards League.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 19596
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
13:07 Wed 8 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
This situation is different. Wasn't the game completed before the guy was banned?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:09 Wed 8 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
whocares8x8 said:
This situation is different. Wasn't the game completed before the guy was banned?

yes i don't no what the reason was
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
13:13 Wed 8 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
whocares8x8 said:

yep sarah already said it stands the idea on the previous page is only for partially played games
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:26 Wed 8 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
dgeneratio said:
whocares8x8 said:

yep sarah already said it stands the idea on the previous page is only for partially played games
When a game is completed, and the player is then banned , the result will still stand. With partially played games, if a player deactivates (and fails to reactivate account) or if a player is banned, before completing the fixture , the game would go to default and the team at fault would be penalised.
The alternative to this would be if a player does deact/get banned between games, then the captain of the opposing team has the choice of either 1) allowing the team at fault to make a sub or 2) letting the game go to default.
The problem with allowing the team to make a sub, although extreme , will be players possibly leaving games they are losing and deactivating and then free to reactivate once a sub has been made.If this were to happen the FBL would have to give a warning to the player involved,and a fixture suspension.
i personally feel that it is best to let these games where a player has deact/ banned go to default, to deter deacts , and does a captain really want a clan member that deacts just because a game isnt going their way ?
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
14:30 Wed 8 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
if you look at the fine print it says IF BOTH CLANS AGREE, so if one clan didn't agree normal guidelines would be followed.

in my opinion if someone left because they are losing then i can't see both captains agreeing.

if both captains agree to a restart they forfeit the rights on what happened before the restart
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:53 Wed 8 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
If a player deacts during an abandoned game, then it is most likely because they are losing, in which case the opposition captain is not going to agree to a restart, or sub.
If a player is banned during an abandoned game, it is that players fault , so again i cant see a captain agreeing to a restart/sub.
With looking at both , i dont see any rule change needed, just clarification in rules if this situation does occur, that the game will go to default, and will be in favour of the innocent team.
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
15:49 Wed 8 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Scenario to consider-
damee opens multiple accounts, all playing for MVP. He beats 3 different players 6-0 before being found out and banned. You'll let those results stand?
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
15:52 Wed 8 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
whocares8x8 said:
Scenario to consider-
damee opens multiple accounts, all playing for MVP. He beats 3 different players 6-0 before being found out and banned. You'll let those results stand?

either make them replay with a new sub or 6-0 the other way but thats my view
doubted2
doubted2
16:09 Wed 8 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
scenario ended really

how would you ever know ???

if you didnt officially know, then what could you do, have the alleged kev 04 scenario again ????

until admin was granted permission to intervene there is nothing you can do without proof

then replay the games no problem in my opinion, but until proven the rules in place must stand
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
16:39 Wed 8 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
we didn't mention anything about kev so i don't see why you need to. what we are saying is what if it was proved someone was playing on multi accounts in the league in the same fixture sets would you let it count knowing they broke the rules?

the situation does need addressing though once and for all on multi accounts in both the leagues and soon.
doubted2
doubted2
16:47 Wed 8 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
how do you prove it james ???

you would ever be told,, so how would you never know

it called data protection
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
16:55 Wed 8 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
9 times out of 10 its not proven but sometimes you get members telling runners they was on 2nd accounts and what they was.

at the moment theres no punishment for multi using.

in FCL Jay i believe is going to ban any user with a second account from the league, hopefully thats enough for people to listen but you need rules for games as well in case it does ever happen.
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
17:03 Wed 8 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
So far, we've always had a pretty good indication about whether someone was banned for abuse or multiple accounts
doubted2
doubted2
17:07 Wed 8 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
cheap tht james ... rules in place are not always followed by league runners anyway as you well know

and the term at the league runners discretion already exists anyway, which covers everything so why would you need an additional rule

a good one would be at the leagues discretion anyone bringing the league into disrepute will be banned
doubted2
doubted2
17:10 Wed 8 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
ok seb how many have been banned in the past for multiple accounts

do you mean playing in the league or just been found with multiple accounts, i know the TPA players your on about

i can name 7 players on multiple accounts now , not in the league
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
17:29 Wed 8 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
I just mean that when players in the league are banned (happened a few times before), we usually had a good idea what it was for.

You're right in the sense that we won't have proof if you hold it up to the standards of and English court. But I don't think that's needed here.
doubted2
doubted2
17:43 Wed 8 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
hope so seb
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:41 Wed 8 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
doubted2 said:
ok seb how many have been banned in the past for multiple accounts

do you mean playing in the league or just been found with multiple accounts, i know the TPA players your on about

i can name 7 players on multiple accounts now , not in the league

it about time that rule got changed if you have multiple accounts
they should be booted from all accounts
maybe that will stop them doing it
doubted2
doubted2
20:01 Wed 8 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
agreed
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:56 Wed 8 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
If there is enough evidence to prove that a player has multiple accounts in the FBL all accounts involved will be banned from the league.

Sarah
League Runner
Pages: 19596
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

FBL Discussion and News thread

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Funky Billiards League.
Back to Forum List.