Minecraft Retro Game

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Technology chat.
Back to Forum List.

flapjack
flapjack
Admin
13:12 Thu 7 Apr 11 (BST)  [Link]  
I searched the forums for it, and couldn't find a thread about it!
Anyway, this is a retro styled game, made my a person called notch. Its still currently in beta and the full game has not yet been fully released.

Minecraft.net - Notch said:

Origins
I started Minecraft after playing some Infiniminer with a couple of people from TigSource. I realized that a game that simple yet that dynamic had a lot of potential to turn into a really great game, and kept coming up with things I wanted to change and stuff I wanted to add.

I had recently quit my job as a game developer to be able to focus more on indie game dev during my free time, and I was looking for a new game to develop. I had a few ideas floating around, but most required really long development times.
These two factors led to Minecraft.

Development and philosophy
Waterfall is dead, long live agile!
I've got a few plans and visions, but my only true design decision is to keep it fun and accessible. There's no design doc, but there are two lists; one for bugs, and one for features I want to add but think I might forget.
I make sure to play the game a lot, and I've built my share of towers, and flooded my share of caves. If something ever doesn't feel fun, I'll remove it. I believe that I can combine enough fun, accessibility and building blocks for this game to be a huge melting pot of emergent gameplay.

It currently costs £13
Currently 25%.

You like?
flapjack
flapjack
Admin
13:14 Thu 7 Apr 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Ran out of space, sorry

Also, this is the website: http://www.minecraft.net/

and if anyone wants to go to a server, im usually on

AussieMC.dyndns.org:25565

Great place, and a few mods enabled too, nothing majour

Have fun!

-Jaaacck
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:02 Thu 21 Apr 11 (BST)  [Link]  
I love MC, best money I ever spent. I'll try that server.
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Minecraft Retro Game

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Technology chat.
Back to Forum List.