Clan match quitters

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.

Pages:
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:44 Fri 8 Apr 11 (BST)  [Link]  
People that leave their clan games early should have to face a consequence by given their opponent default win for the match as a punishment for wasting their opponents time unless pre arranged with the opponent to finish the match at later date

I would be happy to hear other people's opnion on this
diamond_cut
diamond_cut
00:50 Fri 8 Apr 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Should be on league discussion thread.
punkpoet
punkpoet
01:50 Fri 8 Apr 11 (BST)  [Link]  
lol i was the only one who thought strange name for a clan? lol
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:54 Fri 8 Apr 11 (BST)  [Link]  
punkpoet said:
lol i was the only one who thought strange name for a clan? lol

Ditto
chaos_
chaos_
03:06 Fri 8 Apr 11 (BST)  [Link]  
I thought it was another 1 of owens clans lol

blueberry
blueberry
17:44 Fri 8 Apr 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Its a silly idea, people can have to quit for various reasons...get disconnected, lag, hit by a bus etc.. could suggest same for people who avoid playing their games also.. But thats just my opnion
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:47 Fri 8 Apr 11 (BST)  [Link]  
well if the game has already started its only fair to finish it obviously if someone gets disconnected you just wait for them to log back on
punkpoet
punkpoet
01:14 Sat 9 Apr 11 (BST)  [Link]  
blueberry said:
Its a silly idea, people can have to quit for various reasons...get disconnected, lag, hit by a bus etc.. could suggest same for people who avoid playing their games also.. But thats just my opnion

blue have ever been hit my a bus whilst playing funky? lmao
if so that wud a good story
_k1rk_
_k1rk_
01:27 Sat 9 Apr 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Why isnt this capped yet?
diamond_cut
diamond_cut
05:48 Sat 9 Apr 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Mods+Admin too busy getting TFS players banned
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
16:42 Sat 9 Apr 11 (BST)  [Link]  
blueberry said:

agreed people who quit and make no effort is punished by defaults.
clooneman
clooneman
Admin
00:05 Sun 10 Apr 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Moved here from Clan and League Chat.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
04:47 Sat 9 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Well we now have a situation where a clan has missed entry into the league and folded because of 2 players doing this in their preliminary friendlies if they had completed the clan would have got entry.
They left their captain and vices with nothing they could do within the rules and are now free to join other clans in fact within days one has appeared on the waiting for a clan page!
I don't agree with players doing it anyway even if they do go on to complete the game.
One players having a nightmare, one is playing brilliantly so the player having the mare logs off and when they log back in the forms totally different, happened to me against thorstein and he even congratulated me on not logging off like most players would .
You can't do that in any sport I can't leave a pool match in real life and come back when i'm playing better and I haven't seen any football teams not come out for the second half because they're getting whalloped.
The computer problems, lag etc... etc.... excuses are poor you get 2 weeks to arrange a time where you have a spare hour and to find a reliable computer with decent connection logging out is just a get out of jail card.
dextr
dextr
04:58 Sat 9 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Yeah it's true mate i agree....
You must have a good spade to have dug this thread back up..been a while lol
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
05:54 Sat 9 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
ipotalot said:
Well we now have a situation where a clan has missed entry into the league and folded because of 2 players doing this in their preliminary friendlies if they had completed the clan would have got entry.
They left their captain and vices with nothing they could do within the rules and are now free to join other clans in fact within days one has appeared on the waiting for a clan page!
I don't agree with players doing it anyway even if they do go on to complete the game.
One players having a nightmare, one is playing brilliantly so the player having the mare logs off and when they log back in the forms totally different, happened to me against thorstein and he even congratulated me on not logging off like most players would .
You can't do that in any sport I can't leave a pool match in real life and come back when i'm playing better and I haven't seen any football teams not come out for the second half because they're getting whalloped.
The computer problems, lag etc... etc.... excuses are poor you get 2 weeks to arrange a time where you have a spare hour and to find a reliable computer with decent connection logging out is just a get out of jail card.

So everyone who gets disconnected is at it? Even if there are genuine problems with ISP?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
06:27 Sat 9 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Amazing coincedence that the player having the shocker is always the one that suddenly gets connection problems, never the player who is winning.
The world we live in now internet is cheap and reliable if you know your connection is dodgy you don't agree to start a game and if your internet suddenly cuts out in the hour a fortnight you have agreed to play your match that's some insane bad luck.
dextr
dextr
06:33 Sat 9 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Its was all caused by a individual who caused problems for both angry and wolves so its not directed at genuine problems. To actually leave during a game LOG OUT not a NOT RESPONDING happens means that they are avoiding the game...Then after that not to respond to messages and have been online and played games means deliberate avoidance of the fixture.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
06:54 Sat 9 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Yep that is true you get a connection failing message with genuine problems too but these are far, far, far rarer than frustration log outs.
Why should the players who have the decency to carry on when nothing is going their way and take a defeat on the chin be at a disadvantage?
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
14:39 Sat 9 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
don't know why this thread was brought up to be fair.

what if you have a genuine reason for going (i.e dinner/family emergency/going out) etc can't punish a player (unless its done on purpose in which case defaults would sort out) if the DC/LO was an accident or going out somewhere.

3 points which it clearly states in the rules

1) 7.3 Disconnects during games
In the cases where one player logs out / gets disconnected in the middle of a game, that player normally loses the frame you were currently playing. The opponent is encouraged to be sporting and replay the frame, depending on how far the frame was played.

the person who didn't get DC or LO gets choice if to take frame or not

2) 8.9.9 Ignoring opponents
All league players are expected to be sporting and seek to get league games played - despite personal differences with their opponents. Players who are ignoring their opponents or otherwise refusing to play a certain opponent will be heavily punished for this lack of sportsmanship in the case of defaults.

3) 7.4 Aborted games
In the case where a player has to abort the game (for whatever reason), both players are equally expected to maintain efforts to get the remaining part of the game played by the deadline.

Edited at 11:45 Sat 09/07/11 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:04 Sat 9 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
dgeneratio said:
don't know why this thread was brought up to be fair.

Thought my post explained that quite clearly and stating the rules as they are isn't bringing much to the debate.
Pages:
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Clan match quitters

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.