Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Technology chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages:
_pro__frog_
_pro__frog_
23:02 Tue 24 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
After seeing Treyarch's version of the worlds most popular game, I have too say, just from looking at the trailer, I cant wait to see Infinity Ward back on centre stage as the next instalment in the Call of Duty series...

Released 8th November 2011

...watch the trailer here

http://youtu.be/coiTJbr9m04

any views?
bunrzybhoy
bunrzybhoy
23:03 Tue 24 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Looks amazing Especially how they've created the scenes of being in 'England, France and Germany'
_pro__frog_
_pro__frog_
23:13 Tue 24 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
yeah and the graphics look insane. On the plus side it is created by infinity ward, to be honest Black ops is good but I personally don't like Treyarch's take on it. I'd still play Cod 6 if there weren't so many hackers out there
fry06
fry06
23:14 Tue 24 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Cant wait....

I jumped for joy when i saw release date
joker86
joker86
23:20 Tue 24 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Looks brilliant, can't wait!
fry06
fry06
23:25 Tue 24 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
fry06 said:
Cant wait....

I jumped for joy when i saw release date

Luckily i was within running distance to toilet, otherwise i would have wet myself
bunrzybhoy
bunrzybhoy
23:39 Tue 24 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Yeah good to see its out soon! .. well (a few months wait still though!) I agree frog, I have prefered Infinity ward all the way. I still standby saying COD4 is the best Call of Duty. However, for COD6 I was optimistic considering i disliked WaW. I hardly played it, but good to see they made a good job of Black ops. It was addictive to start with but then gradually it became less, lets hope this one will be addictive!
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
00:28 Wed 25 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Its not really infinity ward though, there have been quite a few walkouts, so the infinity ward that made cod 4 and mw2 aren't the one's responsible for this, though there will be a lot of the people.
But the 2 guys credited for making the modern warfare games were fired, which caused the walkouts which includes some of the head designers and other lead roles

The guys who made the game are now Respawn Entertainment, they have funding but aren't working on anything yet

^ that aside, still a lot of people involved in the last two modern warfare games will be involved in this, and it looks pretty awesome. I cant wait :D
Lets just hope they haven't employed anyone from Treyarch :S
_pro__frog_
_pro__frog_
00:34 Wed 25 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Yeah no one from Treyarch involved for a start the online will be smooth again...no lag - one of the major flaws...
_k1rk_
_k1rk_
03:55 Wed 25 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
online atm i prefer black ops, simply because it feels like ur getting somewhere in levels, on MW2 it takes forever for me to get up a level haha. That and the time it takes to unlock stuff is the only problem i have with MW2. I do really like black ops online tbh.

However story modes MW games win hands down easily, for one they are simply action packed and amazing and i just don't even compare black ops to it. I wasnt impressed with black ops story mode at all really.

I just hope MW3 online is tweaked a bit and that the campaign mode is still action packed and awesome as the previous ones. Soap ftw
bunrzybhoy
bunrzybhoy
04:32 Wed 25 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Yes campaign wise MW have been astonishing Campaign is the trailer, looks amazing. But yes hope the online is sorted, to prevent major glitches - hackers - boosters. E.g How MW2 had 10th prestige lobbies etc.
_pro__frog_
_pro__frog_
22:28 Wed 25 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
ah dear the good old days of 'every lobby is hacked'... i hate how this got destroyed, but it also was a lot of fun

dgeneratio
dgeneratio
22:42 Wed 25 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
least i have a target now.

get to 15th prestige 50th level by time this new one comes out, were on 12th prestige level 40 on black ops at the moment.
_pro__frog_
_pro__frog_
00:15 Thu 26 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
dgeneratio said:

get to 15th prestige 50th level by time this new one comes out, were on 12th prestige level 40 on black ops at the moment.

nice! you'll easily make it especially if there is another double XP weekend

as for me i'll have to see how far i get...i'm only 5th, level 45
onua0767
onua0767
06:48 Thu 26 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
meh, I like cod black ops.

Got to lvl 50 in zombies with some other guy online, could of gotten higher but I got bored of it

Black ops ftw
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
16:17 Thu 26 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
_pro__frog_ said:
dgeneratio said:

nice! you'll easily make it especially if there is another double XP weekend

as for me i'll have to see how far i get...i'm only 5th, level 45

gl i mostly play Hardcore Search and Destroy and Hardcore Headquarters as you get the most points.

i tend to try and get pro for all perks but my favourites are...

Ghost Pro - choppers can't get you
Hardline Pro - change care packages
Ninja Pro - complete silence
Sleight of Hand Pro - quicker aiming
Hacker Pro - take over enemy equipment
Second Chance Pro - able to be revived

favourite weapons...

Pistols:

Python - strong and i like single action army (revolver)
C275 - Full auto aiming

Weapons:

M16 - Good aiming
Galil - good aiming but bounces a bit
MPL - crap on core but good with a silencer
AK47 - good aiming and only bounces up and down
Commando - probably my favourite hardcore gun, steady aiming and good with silencer
G11 - probably best core gun, for those who like quick scoping, buy this, variable zoom, sleight of hand, this is only sniper you can quick snipe with.

i hate low power zoom so i use it normally, shame it doesnt have a silencer.
_pro__frog_
_pro__frog_
17:20 Thu 26 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
To be perfectly honest hardcore modes used to be my favourite, but Black ops made it practically impossible and pointless, not to mention that it is really annoying when you kill your own players or people on your own team kill you when your on a high kill streak. Personally I think that it should have stayed as hardcore ricochet.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:30 Fri 27 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
tbh i have already pre-ordered modern warfare 3
_pro__frog_
_pro__frog_
01:38 Fri 27 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
wcfa2011 said:
tbh i have already pre-ordered modern warfare 3

cant be bothered at the moment tooo far away
onua0767
onua0767