Clan cross-country...can we get it taken on?

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:47 Wed 1 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Really loved this idea of clans tournament wins making up an extra competition, it didn't fail because of lack of interest from teams just because nobody was running it and i'd like to see it taken on to run alongside the next FCL season.
It's a great idea because it means no extra games you just play your tournaments as usual and the competition with the other clans would be pretty fierce whilst making teams more unified.
Think the scoring was fine before but i'd like to see some tweaks with the setup...

run it in tandem with FCL
Have the same 1st and 2nd division teams in a league format, have weekly team winners too but put the running totals into a table
All players tourneys count
Much better if all 14 registered players for each clan count as players come and go regularly through the season.

I'd definitely be happy to do some of the running if the interest is there as its only taking the tourney wins, working out the scores and putting them in tables.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:47 Wed 1 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
would need some work lee but i happy to help in anyway.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:54 Wed 1 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Sorry i didnt finish this guys i was off due to personal reasons and now im back but i like the idea
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:01 Wed 1 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
If this is being classed in main tables I'm really against it!

As a player who works almost 24 7 it would seem I would hate to seemingly let my clan down by not playing tournis when I simply do not have the time to put that effort in!
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
22:31 Wed 1 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
same i disagree also, even though im on most of time i rarely play pool and would be at a disadvantage (same scenerio in emmas case above).

maybe put it on pool events forum?

Edited at 19:41 Wed 01/06/11 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:35 Thu 2 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
no_surrender said:
If this is being classed in main tables I'm really against it!

As a player who works almost 24 7 it would seem I would hate to seemingly let my clan down by not playing tournis when I simply do not have the time to put that effort in!

Seperate competition from FCL like before and nobody has to do anything extra for it.
Every clan would probably have 8 people on a lot and the rest not so much and a couple rarely ever. Even a micro could win the week or whatever for your clan if things are tight.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:42 Thu 2 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Don't think we even have 8 that are on alot to be honest currently
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:42 Thu 2 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
_mewtwo_ said:
Sorry i didnt finish this guys i was off due to personal reasons and now im back but i like the idea

Ah cool, I thought it was a great idea originally reckon you could make it a really good extra competition like I said offers there for any help with the running.
I think it would add a bit of friendly spice when you meet other teams players in tourneys and get a good bit of clan rivalry going on aside from FCL.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:52 Thu 2 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
no_surrender said:
Don't think we even have 8 that are on alot to be honest currently

Seperate from FCL though and lots of people like me who are on a lot don't win much compared to the really top players who can come on for 1 evening and win 4 tournaments and 4 micros.
Thing I like is everyone just plays how they do normally just an extra bonus if you win a tourney post it on the page and you bag some pts for your clan too if not you haven't lost anything.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
18:08 Sun 5 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
maybe do it on pool events and clans who regularly enter tournaments like shooters can enter?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:41 Mon 6 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Yep think thats the way forward i'll message mewtwo and see if he wants to get it set up for next season as it's his idea originally.
If not and he's happy I would happily take it on and Kenny wants to help too, can't see us having any problems.
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Clan cross-country...can we get it taken on?

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.