Premium accounts
are only £9.99 - Upgrade now

League Discussion Thread

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 12
3
45100
ab_rfc
ab_rfc
Moderator
Posts: 7,930
23:32 Thu 7 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
right everyone lets stop this arguing now please, I will start removing posts if needed, really no need for it.


I think league runners need to be more assertive, why was the subject of Pool Sharks league status even put out for discussion ?, has no one learnt anything over the past seasons, when you put a topic like this out for discussion arguments always start, league runners and clans should know the rules and standards set out and if rules are broken or standards not met then the league runners need to stand up and be counted and make decisions then stand by them, putting it out for discussion knowing arguments could start is wrong,
do the league runners have all the info as far as how the defaults would go, for or against, I hope so because surely you can't just boot a clan out without all the relevant info showing they were in the wrong.
Now lets stop all the arguing and leave the league runners to make the decisions based on the rules and when thats done we should all learn to accept and respect that.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:33 Thu 7 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
death_viper said:
no_surrender said:
Again another personal attack over posts trying to give suggestions how to improve!

It's ironic you apologised to joodles yet continue to attack people.



sorry emma.

but i will agree to disagree with your comments based on fraz_viper and fraggles.

again sorry.


yeeaaa u anythin u gotta say bout her u say to me cuz ur all soo childish grow up
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
Moderator
Posts: 19,960
23:33 Thu 7 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
You can't say that rules have definitely been bent, because you should be treating pre-season friendlies and the full league games as seperate games, and that those who would be eligible to play when the league starts, should be eligible for the friendlies (remember we didnt always have these friendlies) and they dont impact the league table
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
Posts: 37,937
23:34 Thu 7 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
whoever mods this forum can you cap this because its getting out of hand
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:35 Thu 7 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
on that note if this is the way it is going to be then i would like to add a thread to find someone else to take over the hosting at end of season 14. as when i offered to do this being ambushed and insulted was not part of it.

anyone interested in taking on the hosting please message league runners.
ab_rfc
ab_rfc
Moderator
Posts: 7,930
23:37 Thu 7 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
ab_rfc said:
right everyone lets stop this arguing now please, I will start removing posts if needed, really no need for it.


I think league runners need to be more assertive, why was the subject of Pool Sharks league status even put out for discussion ?, has no one learnt anything over the past seasons, when you put a topic like this out for discussion arguments always start, league runners and clans should know the rules and standards set out and if rules are broken or standards not met then the league runners need to stand up and be counted and make decisions then stand by them, putting it out for discussion knowing arguments could start is wrong,
do the league runners have all the info as far as how the defaults would go, for or against, I hope so because surely you can't just boot a clan out without all the relevant info showing they were in the wrong.
Now lets stop all the arguing and leave the league runners to make the decisions based on the rules and when thats done we should all learn to accept and respect that.


capped at the request of the league runners
ab_rfc
ab_rfc
Moderator
Posts: 7,930
23:06 Sat 23 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
I've uncapped this as theres something I feel needs to be discussed, any arguments and It will be capped again.

I feel the way fixtures are done needs to be looked at and changed, I've just heard that all team lists go to league runner kev04 before fixtures are released, even his own clans opponents, he does all the fixtures, I am not saying I don't trust Kev but wouldn't we all like to see our opponents team lists without anyone seeing ours, surely this is not right,, there must be a fairer way to do the fixtures.

thoughts please and no arguing
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
Posts: 11,046
23:11 Sat 23 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Well, SOMEONE has to handle the fixtures right? That person will always be accused of cheating. We should be happy it's kev. In my time here, I've never seen a hint of him trying to cheat.
I don't see a problem.
ab_rfc
ab_rfc
Moderator
Posts: 7,930
23:14 Sat 23 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
no ones accusing anyone of cheating, I just think its unfair that a Captain can see his opponents lists, there must be another way to do it ?
bunrzybhoy
bunrzybhoy
Posts: 4,762
23:14 Sat 23 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
whocares8x8 said:
Well, SOMEONE has to handle the fixtures right? That person will always be accused of cheating. We should be happy it's kev. In my time here, I've never seen a hint of him trying to cheat.
I don't see a problem.


Yes but it should be two people who do the fixtures, so they do not sort their own teams fixtures.
horse10000
horse10000
Moderator
Posts: 9,902
23:19 Sat 23 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
So who does kev send his list to so everyone knows he hasn't chosen the fixtures for his team and it is random?

Surely this is in place to prevent anyone thinking that match selection is going in, i know it used to be in place when potty run the league?
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
Posts: 11,046
23:22 Sat 23 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
ab_rfc said:
no ones accusing anyone of cheating, I just think its unfair that a Captain can see his opponents lists, there must be another way to do it ?
The implication of that is of course that the person handling fixtures could use it to their advantage (i.e. cheating).

The two-people idea could work.

My personal opinion is that the current system is fine. Over on snooker, we're playing an event similar to the Ryder Cup, where one captain gets to pick the fixtures one round, the other captain picks the fixtures in the next round. So far, picking the fixtures has not resulted in a measurable advantage for that team. I really don't think it is a dramatic advantage, even if kev did try to take advantage of this.
ab_rfc
ab_rfc
Moderator
Posts: 7,930
23:22 Sat 23 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Keith, I've also heard thats not in place.


I like that idea of one capt picks first fixture, then other captain for the 2nd, then the picking captain posts the fixtures on the forum.


Edited at 23:25 Sat 23/07/11 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:23 Sat 23 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Does seem flawed isn't there a way we can take people out of the equation?
Meaning must be a simple random fixture program where you send in the teamsheets and the program says no1 from team A plays no5 from team B.
Sure something like that could be incorporated into the FCL site so nobody ecxept the captains from their own teams see their lists before they come out of the other end.
Even with 'impartial' members doing the fixtures it will always be open to accusations of favouritism
bunrzybhoy
bunrzybhoy
Posts: 4,762
23:28 Sat 23 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
ipotalot said:
Does seem flawed isn't there a way we can take people out of the equation?
Meaning must be a simple random fixture program where you send in the teamsheets and the program says no1 from team A plays no5 from team B.
Sure something like that could be incorporated into the FCL site so nobody ecxept the captains from their own teams see their lists before they come out of the other end.
Even with 'impartial' members doing the fixtures it will always be open to accusations of favouritism


clooneman used a programme like this where everyone could log on and watch the draw when he did certain tournaments, like a mini 8 ball arcade tournament.Was very good, all users can log on even after it has been drawn and still see what the programme chose.
horse10000
horse10000
Moderator
Posts: 9,902
23:30 Sat 23 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Like the idea one captain picks one game and the other picks the next game, totally takes away any chance that fixtures could be selected as all teams have the same chance.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:32 Sat 23 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Well, dont the league have staff??..cant we ask someone whos not in the clan leagues, to have the lists off the captains and ask them to put it on the league website?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:33 Sat 23 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
My opinion ,,not fair kev sees other team lists and we dont see his ,,not saying or calling him a cheat but why should he with a team like he has at his disposal. Ab is right has to be a fairer way to solve this thou
blackjack
blackjack
Posts: 388
00:00 Sun 24 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
I 100% Trust Kev..

But surely if this is the case...

Kev can handle team fixtures involving untouchables
Dgeneratio can handle team fixtures involving cobras

If they play each other then they give them both to Kenny (the website runner)
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
Posts: 37,937
00:06 Sun 24 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
i have messaged to kev the following idea.

teamlists get sent to both of us even from our own clan.

then match fixing would have to be out of the window.

been told potty when she ran the league she would give teamlist to someone else and even her own so she cannot see them so she couldn't have been accused.

sort of same way i do it on snooker.

since i handle all lists on snooker i let my vice sent lists to me so i can't be accused of match fixing either.
Pages: 12
3
45100
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

League Discussion Thread

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.