League Discussion Thread

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 19596
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
22:24 Mon 24 Oct 11 (BST)  [Link]  
i can see his point too, its a good idea in fairness but ive always liked the cup different from league games for some strange reason.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
22:25 Mon 24 Oct 11 (BST)  [Link]  
liam__scfc said:
liam__scfc said:
Personally think the season should start on 30th which is Sunday coming

nope its pre-planned soz.
cool_dude
cool_dude
22:25 Mon 24 Oct 11 (BST)  [Link]  
liam__scfc said:
liam__scfc said:

Agreed, i think such a long gap is really not needed, people have waited long enough with these friendlies
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:26 Mon 24 Oct 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:26 Mon 24 Oct 11 (BST)  [Link]  
dgeneratio said:
i can see his point too, its a good idea in fairness but ive always liked the cup different from league games for some strange reason.

Worth putting to captains maybe? getting some more opinions?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:27 Mon 24 Oct 11 (BST)  [Link]  
cool_dude said:
liam__scfc said:
liam__scfc said:

Agreed, i think such a long gap is really not needed, people have waited long enough with these friendlies

Finally some1 else who talks sense
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
22:30 Mon 24 Oct 11 (BST)  [Link]  
it wont be changed, people moaned for a transfer window, i gave it to them now you lot moan again because its a week wait.

because transfer ends on 30th i cant start league midweek so i give the week for teamlists and bring them out early if they are sent early enough.

maybe next season you could eliminate the transfer window altogether.
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
22:30 Mon 24 Oct 11 (BST)  [Link]  
ipotalot said:
dgeneratio said:

Suppose there is no harm in asking there opinion on this.

Liam, the schedule was pre planned like James said mate.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
22:31 Mon 24 Oct 11 (BST)  [Link]  
ipotalot said:
dgeneratio said:

could do but asked each clan to post about the schedule which they will see your idea
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:36 Mon 24 Oct 11 (BST)  [Link]  
dgeneratio said:
it wont be changed, people moaned for a transfer window, i gave it to them now you lot moan again because its a week wait.

because transfer ends on 30th i cant start league midweek so i give the week for teamlists and bring them out early if they are sent early enough.

maybe next season you could eliminate the transfer window altogether.

So because people moan they get what they want, but then when other people want it how it was in previous seasons they get told told no so people get extra time to try a nick other clans players
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
22:39 Mon 24 Oct 11 (BST)  [Link]  
its always been a tradition to have a transfer window though.

gonna go over to snooker, got a headache reading it all.
cool_dude
cool_dude
22:40 Mon 24 Oct 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Who moaned for that? What is the need of a transfer window, everyone has their teams assembled now and it's basically more time for people to poach from other teams.

Hopefully captains in the future will refuse to release players to join other clans as this would stop people 'jumping ships' if you like...
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
22:49 Mon 24 Oct 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Take away the transfer window and we will get hassle for it, keep it in and we get hassle for it!

I really don't see how you can poach a player, that player is human and can make decisions for themselfs if they want to move clan for whatever reason then let them.

Captain's can always find a replacement, if a captain cant deal with a player moving on then they should not be a captain.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:57 Mon 24 Oct 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Think it's a bit of a strange time to have a transfer window...everyone was free to move anywhere 2 weeks ago anyway but schedules done changing things now would probably cause unnecessary problems for the organisors.
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
22:59 Mon 24 Oct 11 (BST)  [Link]  
All honesty i think if we changed the schedule there would still be complaints about it haha
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:00 Mon 24 Oct 11 (BST)  [Link]  
dgeneratio said:
10 fixtures for each division so 5 fixture sets

Schedule:

(6/11/11 - 20/11/11)

Fixture Set 1 (fixtures 1+2)
Cup Round 1

(20/11/11 - 04/12/11)

Fixture Set 2 (fixtures 3+4)

(04/12/11 - 18/12/11)

Fixture Set 3 (fixtures 5)
Cup Quarter Final

(18/12/11 - 01/01/12)

Fixture Set 4 (fixture 6+7)

(01/01/12 - 15/01/12)

Fixture Set 5 (fixture 8)
Cup Semi Final

(15/01/12 - 05/02/12)

Fixture Set 6 (fixture 9+10)
Cup Final

^^^^

That fine?

Please excuse my ignorance in these matters but as far as I can see Div 2 has 5 teams in it so they only have 8 games to play not 10. Each team plays the other 4 teams twice.

Getting ready to be told how stupid I am!!
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
23:04 Mon 24 Oct 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Yeah that is because Top Pool Aces did not make it into the league badger, so division 2 will finish a little earlier than division one.
im_crap_adam
im_crap_adam
23:06 Mon 24 Oct 11 (BST)  [Link]  
in all fairness everyone, these guys put so much effort in of their own backs to keep this running not just for them but for everyone and so far all i've seen is them get greif, they don't deserve it, sure everyone give them your opinions and i'm sure they will take it all into consideration, don't keep arguin about it as they don't deserve that.

Say what ya want back to me thats all i've got to say, anything more i wont argue back, i'm not having a go at anyone specific, these are just my thoughts.

Keep up the good work league runners
ab_rfc
ab_rfc
23:14 Mon 24 Oct 11 (BST)  [Link]  
ipotalot said:
dgeneratio said:
ipotalot said:
What's the format for the cup james?
Never understood why it's 5 players per team think it should be 8 personally, gives more people a chance to play in it.
Don't know if that's been discussed before?
Also maybe some glamour models doing a live draw on youtube would add some spice .....worth a try

pmsl, i dunno if its been talked about before, yeah its 5 v 5 at the moment but i think if its 8 v 8 its just like a league game.

They don't play 5 a side in any footie cups though
It's always different because it's one game winner takes all

The FCL Cup or better known to some of us as the Mickey Mouse Cup, sorry but I've never liked or rated the cup since it started, mainly due to it being 5 aside, 15 players in a clan and only 5 can play in the cup, this means most players never get the chance to play in it. 8 or even 15 aside would be better.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:17 Mon 24 Oct 11 (BST)  [Link]  
12 aside? Better reflection of which clan has the best depth of quality players whilst still allowing for a few subs.
Pages: 19596
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

League Discussion Thread

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.