League Discussion Thread

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 19798
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:20 Tue 25 Oct 11 (BST)  [Link]  
i must admit i really like the idea of the players being picked at random that way it really is unpredictable
dextr
dextr
I know all clans have more than 8 players but 8 is the minimum allowed to have a chance of joining the league therfore 8v8 would have to be the maximum.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
Omg why take a sensible suggestion and start talking about arcade?! and 1 frame of each?!...random!
There are 15 players in a clan so that gives half the clan 2 games in a fortnight to play if it was 8 v 8
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
00:22 Tue 25 Oct 11 (BST)  [Link]  
i dont like league and cup being the same though, 8 v 8 cup 8 v 8 league, same format people will just think "oh its only a league game". the format was a suggestion but i still think cup should be different to league.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:23 Tue 25 Oct 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Or maybe captains give a list of 12 players (because sometimes you have some that aren't active) and 8 are picked at random.
Thing is though what about subs?
Won't captains just sub in their best players anyway?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:25 Tue 25 Oct 11 (BST)  [Link]  
maybe a percentage of the fixtures should be played with the original fixture and if this isnt done then they are out?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:27 Tue 25 Oct 11 (BST)  [Link]  
James a cup is totally different anyway because it's luck of the draw who you get to play.
The best 2 teams can play each other every round and the worst 2 can. No sport anywhere changes the game to make the cup different it just is because it's a knockout comp where anyone can beat anyone on a given day and it's the same in funkypool.
We need to get more people playing in the competition though otherwise there will continue to be no interest in it.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
00:27 Tue 25 Oct 11 (BST)  [Link]  
@ mrmtp nah would be unfair.

about random fixtures i can't see it happening, would only lead to more trouble than present, same with picking 12 names.
horse10000
horse10000
00:29 Tue 25 Oct 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Cup should be 8 v 8.

I do like the idea of a 12 v 12 for the final

If a game ends up a draw, both teams have to put forward one player for a sudden death game. (This player can be any player in the clan)

5 v 5 has always made it the mickey mouse cup as many have stated.
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
00:31 Tue 25 Oct 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Cheers horse i thought 12 v 12 would spark attention haha

I think lots of ideas would work but raising the number of players who can play would get more intrest.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
00:34 Tue 25 Oct 11 (BST)  [Link]  
if people generally want more players for cup then fair enough ill do it, can't say i like it though.

so 8 v 8 until the final then 12 v 12, everyone happy?

just for reference lee only the 1st round is random (same as league) so generally the same
horse10000
horse10000
00:34 Tue 25 Oct 11 (BST)  [Link]  
bluenose1872 said:
Cheers horse i thought 12 v 12 would spark attention haha

I think lots of ideas would work but raising the number of players who can play would get more intrest.

We should be trying to promote getting players playing.

5 players out of a clan means loads of players never get to play in cup.

Only drawback for 12v12 final could be inactivity on one teams side, if this happens why not allow a random draw of players who have already played to get games completed.

Also have to agree all this friendlies and transfer windows have meant too long a gap.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:35 Tue 25 Oct 11 (BST)  [Link]  
dgeneratio said:

about random fixtures i can't see it happening, would only lead to more trouble than present, same with picking 12 names.

why unair, we will all be entering with the understanding that the fixture will be randomly generated?
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
00:36 Tue 25 Oct 11 (BST)  [Link]  
random is out as the league runners would get grief over it, if you did a fixture wrong the captains would be onto you like a hot potato same with random fixtures.

@ horse i agree but at the moment im doing 80-90% of the league myself and can take anything up to a week to do draws and get site up to date then the teamlists.

mrmtp said:
dgeneratio said:

why unair, we will all be entering with the understanding that the fixture will be randomly generated?

imagine you lost by a point because opponents had a strong player and you had a weak player, not saying you would have ago about it but others would.

Edited at 21:40 Mon 24/10/11 (BST)
dextr
dextr
00:42 Tue 25 Oct 11 (BST)  [Link]  
James that will mean a rule change has to be done if that is the case.

1.1 Clan size
Clans must have a minimum of 8 players, with one being identified as clan captain and preferably another as vice captain as backup. Each clan may have a maximum of 15 players.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:43 Tue 25 Oct 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Just think a 12 v 12 final will would add an extra something to the whole competition and be a great climax as I said earlier as well you have as many subs and swaps as you like now and everyone would want to play in the final surely?
I think 8 v 8 and 12 v 12 will prove a real success....good call
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
00:45 Tue 25 Oct 11 (BST)  [Link]  
How about the idea i ran past James, he has not responded yet as this thread is non stop just now haha

6 v 6 lower rounds
8 v 8 semi final
12 v 12 final

I think it could work and more people would be intrested in the cup, and the final would just be best of the best to be honest!
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
00:46 Tue 25 Oct 11 (BST)  [Link]  
dextr said:

1.1 Clan size
Clans must have a minimum of 8 players, with one being identified as clan captain and preferably another as vice captain as backup. Each clan may have a maximum of 15 players.

ill only do it once everyone is happy, personally i still want it as 5 v 5 but im being massively outvoted so i would go with what the public wants.

season will start on nov 6th as planned, i did say it would start on 6th november before pre friendlies got brought out so people knew they had a 2 week wait.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:47 Tue 25 Oct 11 (BST)  [Link]  
dextr said:

1.1 Clan size

Everybody uses their 15 but to cover that you could make the games in a cup final 3 less than the clan with the least's members? minimum of 8 though.
So if both clans are 15 strong it's a 12 v 12, if one has 14 then it's 11 v 11
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
00:49 Tue 25 Oct 11 (BST)  [Link]  
bluenose1872 said:
How about the idea i ran past James, he has not responded yet as this thread is non stop just now haha

6 v 6 lower rounds (90 points possible)
8 v 8 semi final (120 points available)
12 v 12 final (180 points possible)

I think it could work and more people would be intrested in the cup, and the final would just be best of the best to be honest!

so people know if its tied the rules cover this, the most individual winners goes through.
Pages: 19798
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

League Discussion Thread

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.