World Cup 2014 Qualifiers

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 1
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:18 Sun 31 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Ah the Welsh are friendly natured, just like us Scots.

Good group for Scotland, i have high hopes for this one.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:28 Sun 31 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
flawless said:
I half nothing against the welsh football team it's just there accent creeps me out i really dont like it i deffo wot be going to Scotland vs Wales for that reason haha

Pnawnd da' Jay

That's Welsh for good afternoon
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:25 Sun 31 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Well the groups have been drawn and i really think this could be a tough group for Scotland, really tough, all the teams in the group can play but i think its a group Scotland can qualify from. All the teams will take points off each other so if we can stay consistant enough then we can do it. Its about time. so fingers crossed and i will defenitely be going to all the games and to Wales lol.
England i see with another easy group, usual.

Edited at 13:31 Sun 31/07/11 (BST)
nickh87
nickh87
17:26 Sun 31 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Spain V France will be a good match

England have a tough group we lost to Ukraine last time and Montenegro are a good side, Poland could be tricky, other teams will be a cricket score.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:23 Sun 31 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
murphybhoy said:
Well the groups have been drawn and i really think this could be a tough group for Scotland, really tough, all the teams in the group can play but i think its a group Scotland can qualify from. All the teams will take points off each other so if we can stay consistant enough then we can do it. Its about time. so fingers crossed and i will defenitely be going to all the games and to Wales lol.

Edited at 13:31 Sun 31/07/11 (BST)

agreed with the bold comment
the_only_ego
the_only_ego
19:42 Sun 31 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
European Zone Draw
Group A:
Croatia
Serbia/Scotland

Group B:
Italy
Czech Republic

Group C:
Germamy
Sweden

Group D:
Netherlands
Turkey

Group E:
Norway
Switzerland

Group F:
Portugal
Russia/Northern Ireland

Group G:
Greece
Slovakia

Group H:
England
Montenegro

Group I:
Spain
France

This is my prediction who will go through, not the order of first and second however - Anyone disagree with a good chance of someone pulling through?
the_only_ego
the_only_ego
19:45 Sun 31 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
murphybhoy said:

how can you class it as easy? your talking about ENGLAND they will either make it impossible - or completly screw it up and only just get through like usual lol.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:14 Sun 31 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Very easy group for england but no doubt we will make it tough for ourselves lol
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:37 Sun 31 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Group C ,,,Germany and Republic of Ireland will fight out the top 2 places easy sweden have no hope
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:13 Sun 31 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
the_only_ego said:
murphybhoy said:

how can you class it as easy? your talking about ENGLAND they will either make it impossible - or completly screw it up and only just get through like usual lol.

but its still an easy group............
joker86
joker86
23:45 Sun 31 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
None of these groups are easy!

nickh87 said:
Spain V France will be a good match

England have a tough group we lost to Ukraine last time and Montenegro are a good side, Poland could be tricky, other teams will be a cricket score.

Agreed!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:46 Sun 31 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
ok ok
the_only_ego
the_only_ego
01:27 Mon 1 Aug 11 (BST)  [Link]  
it's the favoured group of them all is what he was meaning
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:18 Fri 12 Aug 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Being of dual nationality (Belgium + Scotland), I'm devastated with this draw. Secondly, Scotland wont make it. Belgium have a great chance.

I reckon it'll be Croatia and Belgium, although if Serbia get their act together they may pip Belgium. Scotland can win all their home games, but away they will struggle, even to Macedonia/Wales. They could sneak a home win v Belgium but in Brussels Belgium will beat Scotland 2-0/3-0.

Belgium could have some team by then...

Mignolet (Sunderland)/Courtois (Chelsea/A.Madrid)

Alderweireld (Ajax) - Vermaelen (Arsenal) - Kompany (M.City) Lombaerts (Zenit)

Witsel (Liege) - Defour (Liege) - Vertonghen (Ajax) - Fellaini (Everton) - Hazard (Lille)

Lukaku (Chelsea)

Very strong team. Van Buyten and Simons may be too old by then. Nacer Chadli is up and coming and could take Witsel's place. Genk's championship winning strikeforce Jelle Vossen and Marvin Ogunjimi cause a fight up front. Other good players involve Van Damme, Ciman, Van den Borre, Mirallas, Dembele and de Sutter, along with more up and coming youths.

Belgium really need to aim for it, we don't qualify it's disappointing. If Scotland make it then it'll be one of the biggest shocks of the qualifiers. While we may not have as strong a Pot 1 team, and Serbia may still have team spirit problems, Belgium, Macedonia and Wales are awful draws for them. I'd love to see both make it through, but I honestly think Scotland have no chance.
Pages: 1
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

World Cup 2014 Qualifiers

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.