Viewing forum thread.
Back to Pool Events Forum.
Back to Forum List.

Pages:
clooneman
clooneman
Admin
03:27 Tue 20 Sep 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Hey all, time for a new tournament, and it's a double elimination straight pool tournament. The basic idea of this is that you're not eliminated from this unless you lose two games. And ideally, no-one will have to play more than one game a week (latecomers might have to play two games to catch up, and there might be other exceptions).

And that's the basic idea. I did a double elimination tourney before at http://www.funkypool.com/thread/15012/double-elimination-9-ball-tournament/1 but that was a little more complicated. This one is much simpler, because it uses one game of straight in each round, and everyone will have played the same number of games where possible. The competition is due to start on Tuesday, and fixtures will be released on that Tuesday and every Tuesday thereafter.

All going well, the final standings will be used to determine the positions for the next competition I have planned.

There is no limit to who can take part. So who's in
tinie
tinie
03:31 Tue 20 Sep 11 (BST)  [Link]  
I am in
bulldog_oc
bulldog_oc
03:32 Tue 20 Sep 11 (BST)  [Link]  
me in
tinie
tinie
04:31 Tue 20 Sep 11 (BST)  [Link]  
I think the amount of straight pool players nowadays is very low
clooneman
clooneman
Admin
04:42 Tue 20 Sep 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Well they have a week to join, and they only have to play one game a week. And straight is real men's pool
tinie
tinie
04:52 Tue 20 Sep 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Sure is my favourite game
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
05:19 Tue 20 Sep 11 (BST)  [Link]  
I'm in
clooneman
clooneman
Admin
06:06 Tue 20 Sep 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Entrants (4): clooneman, tinie, bulldog_oc, cmurphy

Keep them coming...
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
07:54 Tue 20 Sep 11 (BST)  [Link]  
go on then just to make the numbers up for the cloonigan
w_hoolahan
w_hoolahan
10:11 Tue 20 Sep 11 (BST)  [Link]  
im in!
punkpoet
punkpoet
20:42 Tue 20 Sep 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Not amazing at straight pool but I do like a game of it, I will join if you will have me :).
clooneman
clooneman
Admin
21:13 Tue 20 Sep 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Good stuff

Entrants (7): clooneman, tinie, bulldog_oc, cmurphy, jinxed, w_hoolahan, punkpoet
long_pot
long_pot
23:09 Tue 20 Sep 11 (BST)  [Link]  
im in
clooneman
clooneman
Admin
04:16 Wed 21 Sep 11 (BST)  [Link]  
8 in so far, good stuff. More rules etc tomorrow. This starts on Tuesday
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:38 Wed 21 Sep 11 (BST)  [Link]  
im in :-)
clooneman
clooneman
Admin
18:04 Wed 21 Sep 11 (BST)  [Link]  
A couple things on this. I haven't decided yet whether the rounds will be drawn randomly, or whether they will be seeded, or whether they'll be hand-picked by me. But it's an endurance contest, as the idea is to stay unbeaten for as long as possible, and then not to lose a second game. I might decide to pair up beaten players to force eliminations, for example.

If a player fails to fulfil a fixture, a loss will be automatically awarded against them in all likeliehood. In addition, the game not played won't count towards them, meaning they'll still have to play catch-up with the others.

And I'll try to have it so that players don't play each other again as much as possible. For eaxmple, if A, B, C and D are left, and A has already played B and C, then that round will moe than likely be A vs D and B vs C. (Of course, maybe none of the players have played D at that point, in which case it could still be anybody vs anybody.)

Entrants (9): clooneman, tinie, bulldog_oc, cmurphy, jinxed, w_hoolahan, punkpoet, long_pot, eggfriedrice
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:25 Wed 21 Sep 11 (BST)  [Link]  
If i'm still allowed to join count me in
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:13 Wed 21 Sep 11 (BST)  [Link]  
me please
clooneman
clooneman
Admin
02:43 Thu 22 Sep 11 (BST)  [Link]  
There will be no byes in each round, except if 1) there is an odd number of players in the round, or 2) there's a large disparity in the number of games played and I give the players who have played more games a bye to even things up.

Entrants (11): clooneman, tinie, bulldog_oc, cmurphy, jinxed, w_hoolahan, punkpoet, long_pot, eggfriedrice, techno, darren3

Keep 'em coming! This starts next Tuesday.
cke1982
cke1982
02:54 Thu 22 Sep 11 (BST)  [Link]  
im in
Pages:
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Double elimination straight pool tournament

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Pool Events Forum.
Back to Forum List.