League Discussion Thread!

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 19293
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:34 Sun 1 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
i was actually referring to other members of league so please why jump to conclusion and as soon as something happens u accuse me of starting i didnt mention names or dragged up past unlike others i was refering to any member dgen kev u dext anyone if they make a stand they get slated by somone so it a catch 22 that all i said.

jeez so much from one view.

wow how funny is this.
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
23:37 Sun 1 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
I'm not going to fall into a an argument over this Kenny, it doesn't really matter who started what or anything like that. End of the day it shouldn't have been brought up what either of you said, but sweep it under the rug and jump on it and keep it there at least until Emma shouts at you haha
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:38 Sun 1 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
bluenose1872 said:
Member's have to keep the moderator squad busy somehow, other wise you would be sitting in a rocking chair knitting a little jacket for a dog =/

The dog is fluffy enough - you not seen the photos on the forum? lol
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
23:40 Sun 1 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Lmao little sister had her cat in a santa outfit haha the poor thing was so funny though.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:41 Sun 1 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
chris said:

Just on that one I can remember many times where yourself and Keith argued decisions that you thought were wrong. Had either of you, or another MVP rep, been involved in the decision process you might a) have contributed to a far better quality decision with a compelling argument that had not been considered or b) seen the reasoning behind a decision and accepted it for what it was, even if you still believed it to be wrong. Either way it would have been beneficial. That was simply my reasoning behind having fuller representation of clans in the decision process.

However clearly if people prefer the public arguments then I'll go with that too.

Can't see how else to explain this..keith and alan are both allowed seperate thoughts and to still be in the same clan. If a clan representative decides which way to vote in any discussion then an experienced league member is not being allowed a voice.
Public arguments as you put it bring up things that other people have missed or not taken into consideration. That is why this forum is great for the league runners to look at it and then take a step back to make a decision.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:42 Sun 1 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
bluenose1872 said:
I'm not going to fall into a an argument over this Kenny, it doesn't really matter who started what or anything like that. End of the day it shouldn't have been brought up what either of you said, but sweep it under the rug and jump on it and keep it there at least until Emma shouts at you haha

pfft lmao
ab_rfc
ab_rfc
23:44 Sun 1 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
chris said:
ab_rfc said:
Maybe we should go back to the league runners making a decision thats final, I remember a while back a league runner said to someone "if your not happy don't play in the league, no ones forcing you to play in clans, we run the league so we decide", some of you might think thats powermad but that league runner was right. I think since Steph and Jan stepped down league runners have not been keen on making decisions and members have ended up with too much say, this has meant lots more arguing.

Just on that one I can remember many times where yourself and Keith argued decisions that you thought were wrong. Had either of you, or another MVP rep, been involved in the decision process you might a) have contributed to a far better quality decision with a compelling argument that had not been considered or b) seen the reasoning behind a decision and accepted it for what it was, even if you still believed it to be wrong. Either way it would have been beneficial. That was simply my reasoning behind having fuller representation of clans in the decision process.

However clearly if people prefer the public arguments then I'll go with that too.

we still do lol

We want to cut out the arguments, when i said league runners should make the decisions I meant as a team, not Jay on his own, I believe theres going to be 4 of them next season, they could also get opinions from the default panel.
Members can make suggestions but then they need to let the runners decide if they want changes or not.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:45 Sun 1 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
It was after the decision was made. That is and has been my point all along. Have as much input from any and everyone up until the point the decision is made.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:45 Sun 1 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
should be odd number lol so when they vote never get a split league
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
00:03 Mon 2 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
whocares8x8 said:
chris said:
If they cant be resolved amicably and in private then tough they cant play and wait till the next season.
In our case, early in the season (around the first set of fixtures), a player that was in TPA wanted to join us, since she liked the idea of a Snooker clan. She did join us, but is not allowed to play games for the entire season because of the strict no transfer rule. That's a good 3 months of not being allowed to play. Bit silly really.

How about a half season quarantine if players switch clans? Meaning if there are 6 fixtures in the season, they'll be suspended for 3 fixtures or something. This way, players won't leave a clan without good reason, since they'd have to sit out for over a month. They also have the chance to play again this season if they are being unjustly benched by their tyrant captains (lol).
Any thoughts?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:07 Mon 2 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
I quite like sebs idea, if we did have player transfers it should be after the halfway mark
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:10 Mon 2 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Anything that allows people who are keen to play to actually play sounds OK to me.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:15 Mon 2 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Again lets see what the poll reveals...

Note to captains; I would encourage your players to vote on the poll, if you do not vote but disagree with the outcome then you have no grounds to complain as you didn't cast a vote - each one counts!
doubted2
doubted2
00:34 Mon 2 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
i like jay being open and trying his best to sort all the crap out for next season

people talk about respect for league runners i chuckled at that remark kenny RESPECT comming from you

you were the one who came on to shooters thread and called us vermin and as a league runner you wouldnt rest until we were booted from the league

hmmmmmmmm

the discussions on here i have which some people call arguments are normally about rules not being followed or twisted.... nothing to do with the work the people do behind the scenes this myself and im sure all people totally respect and thank them for

jay is looking to air the biggest source of problems and discuss them in an open way hopefully tweak things and make it more enjoyable for us all.... but no matter what happens i will always respect jay and the leagues comments. but if they are blatant mistakes or an injustice i will use this thread to discuss them
horse10000
horse10000
00:39 Mon 2 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
chris said:
ab_rfc said:
Maybe we should go back to the league runners making a decision thats final, I remember a while back a league runner said to someone "if your not happy don't play in the league, no ones forcing you to play in clans, we run the league so we decide", some of you might think thats powermad but that league runner was right. I think since Steph and Jan stepped down league runners have not been keen on making decisions and members have ended up with too much say, this has meant lots more arguing.

Don't know what you are on about, we were always right
horse10000
horse10000
00:42 Mon 2 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
whocares8x8 said:
chris said:
If they cant be resolved amicably and in private then tough they cant play and wait till the next season.
In our case, early in the season (around the first set of fixtures), a player that was in TPA wanted to join us, since she liked the idea of a Snooker clan. She did join us, but is not allowed to play games for the entire season because of the strict no transfer rule. That's a good 3 months of not being allowed to play. Bit silly really.

Just following on from this, it is a joke that the player in question has to sit out a whole season as they decided they fancied playing for another clan.

We have discussed a choice to move clans once, and seb has discussed a period that they had to sit out. Why not just make you are allowed one transfer but you must sit out one set of fixtures after leaving your current clan before you can play for your new clan?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:50 Mon 2 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
horse10000 said:
whocares8x8 said:
chris said:

Just following on from this, it is a joke that the player in question has to sit out a whole season as they decided they fancied playing for another clan.

We have discussed a choice to move clans once, and seb has discussed a period that they had to sit out. Why not just make you are allowed one transfer but you must sit out one set of fixtures after leaving your current clan before you can play for your new clan?

If a player decides to join a clan they should stick with them for the season it's really not a long time if you are unhappy and it just stops the ridiculous amount of arguments mid-season transfers cause, I think that outweighs the odd player missing a month of clan games because they have fallen out with their captain.
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
00:52 Mon 2 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
A month?? This is 3 months. That's way too long. Surely a better system can be found...
Again, having to sit out 2-3 fixtures is enough of a punishment to deter people moving all the time.
ab_rfc
ab_rfc
00:52 Mon 2 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Transfers could take place at the end of a fixrure set so the leaving player could finish their ongoing games, then they would sit out the next set for their new clan, sounds fair.

Having no transfers is unfair, we want members playing and no transfers can stop members playing in the league, if a captain drops a player and its not that players fault, why should they have to wait up to 3 months before they can play again in the league ?.

Edited at 22:57 Sun 01/01/12 (GMT)
doubted2
doubted2
00:56 Mon 2 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
i dont think any transfers should be allowed

ive been on the end of this,,,,,
if a player signs for a team thats it in my oppinion
once they play a clan game they should be with that team till the end of the season unless the captain releases them

this allows them then to become free agents, a player who is being held to ransom should be allowed to go to the league runners and have a method of overturning this as in stating their case once the runners make a discision it will be final

excluding pre-entry qualification
Pages: 19293
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

League Discussion Thread!

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.