Premiership Football Chat

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 1910
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:36 Mon 14 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
The debate about how to restart play makes me laugh too. Drop ball simple. It certainly isn't a restart on the centre circle and a goal awarded when the ball isn't over the line, or play on if it is!
There should be no restart of play necessary.

The technology they are looking at gives the referee an instant signal on his watch. Nobody would ever go for a system like in tennis, where you would have to stop play and look at a video. All done instantly.
So unless the referee gets a signal, you just play on.

Why wouldn't they stop play they do in rugby it gets the crowd into the game more
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
02:31 Mon 14 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
So there is a controversial decision and the goal isn't given immediately- the defending team boots the ball up and suddenly has a break on with a 3 v 1 situation. But play is interrupted at this point to check if there was a goal. They find out it was not a goal but have taken away a golden scoring opportunity.

That's one scenario.

How about they look at the replay and notice that the ball came off the hand of the striker! Can they overturn that or is video only to be used for the goal line? Just doesn't work.

They will never go for anything that is not instant for the referee, which I totally agree with.

I didn't realize the crowd needed to get into a football game even more?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:34 Mon 14 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Well with the tennis an rugby where they do stop and also cricket the crowd actually get involved with the decision interns or the ooooohs and ahhhhhs is all I meant by crowd Gettin involved more maybe it wouldn't work in football but it works fine in other games.
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
06:24 Mon 14 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
So there is a controversial decision and the goal isn't given immediately- the defending team boots the ball up and suddenly has a break on with a 3 v 1 situation. But play is interrupted at this point to check if there was a goal. They find out it was not a goal but have taken away a golden scoring opportunity.

That's one scenario.

How about they look at the replay and notice that the ball came off the hand of the striker! Can they overturn that or is video only to be used for the goal line? Just doesn't work.

They will never go for anything that is not instant for the referee, which I totally agree with.

I didn't realize the crowd needed to get into a football game even more?

The decision would have to be made after the ball nexts goes out of play or the referee feels that there is no chance of a break occurring. That way, even if the other team score, they can take it back to check and either go back and give the goal or continue play from where the ball went out.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:40 Mon 14 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Point 1

The cost of the 2 starting teams yesterday were

City 162 million
United 169 million

Err... oops, unlucky 7 baller.

Point 2

City were not lucky to win in added time at all IMO the time added on was time which had been wasted throughout the second half, especially with the Barton disgrace, the only lucky goal City got was the first. Aguero could have easily went down for the third as he got got caught in the box but thought nah gonna smash this in and take what they deserve.

Point 3

United are in about 600 million of debt, Liverpool had a huge amount of theirs paid off when our new owners come in. We have reduced our wage bill, now have the third biggest kit sponsorship deal in the world behind Madrid and Barcelona. Things are turning around slowly but surely, just got to make sure we don't spend stupid again.

Point 4

Just because something is on google doesn't make it true. I saw a story on there about unicorns being real once...
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
13:26 Mon 14 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
The decision would have to be made after the ball nexts goes out of play or the referee feels that there is no chance of a break occurring. That way, even if the other team score, they can take it back to check and either go back and give the goal or continue play from where the ball went out.
Will never happen.
You'd be in favor of a system where a goal from a break can be taken away?

The only systems they're looking at (I think currently they are deciding between two of them) gives the referee an instant notice on his watch if there is a goal.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:55 Mon 14 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Well lets just say , Its took city 44 years to win the premiership... Its amazing how it happens after an arab bought the club ...Put multi millions into the team buying all the best players.

See united havnt done that , we buy them young and train them to be excellent players! United earned there title every time they won it! Where was city bought there way to the top

You can NOT deniy that!!!
Edited at 18:10 Sun 13/05/12 (BST)

Well I can.

United have bought expensive throughout the premier league. Yes you bring the kids through, but they are more than complimented by expensive imports.

This season alone Ashley Young, Phil Jones and De Gea cost far to much money for what they are.
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
15:01 Mon 14 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Let's be honest, every top premiership team has run massive debt-producing transfer policies and business models except arsenal.

Man Utd shouldn't be whining about City spending all the money, that's what they were doing for the last 20 years. How does Wigan feel lol?

On the other hand, Man City have turned into what United previously were- the evil empire. Can people still identify with the club when from one day to the next it turns into a billionaire's new toy?

I'll stick with German football
joker86
joker86
15:28 Mon 14 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
What Man Utd have spent in the last 10 years comes nowhere near what Man City have spent in the last 5 years. However, no one should blame the Man City team for it, they are not the ones throwing money all over the place, the owner is.

Football is no longer a game, it's business!

Moving on, I think everyone can agree that this transfer window coming up will be something to watch. Eden Hazard seems to be this year's hot pick.
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
17:32 Mon 14 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
As long as clubs win trophies then the fans will support them, which means clubs will carry on paying extortionate amounts to try and win trophies (players will get blamed for their price tags). Then they'll either have wasted money when they don't win anything, or have "bought" whatever they win. It's just a circle
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:19 Mon 14 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Let's be honey the important news of the day is that villa have sacked MacLeish and my god it is the greatest thing to happen ever.
jimfaebod
jimfaebod
19:04 Fri 18 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Liverpool have named Ken Dodd as manager, to save changing the initials on the tracksuits :)
_pro__frog_
_pro__frog_
20:33 Fri 18 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
^haha
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:32 Fri 18 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Ole gunner solsjkaer for villa manager yes please.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:09 Wed 23 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Ole gunner solsjkaer for villa manager yes please.

Not gunna happen as hes turned it down
_pro__frog_
_pro__frog_
02:31 Wed 23 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
sad to see Drogba leave Chelsea
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:04 Wed 30 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Eden hazard has joined chelsea, after his wife agreed personal terms with john terry
Pages: 1910
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Premiership Football Chat

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.