Come play LoL and help me out with referrals!

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Fun Links.
Back to Forum List.

jj0123
jj0123
19:21 Fri 18 Nov 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
League of Legends is a game I started playing about a month ago, it's a great game and it's completely free. The problem is quite often many people are from different areas of the world and it's hard to find English speaking people for Skype or whatever (not just in-game chat). It'd be good to get more English speakers and make our mark over there! Come on over and try it out.

http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/

<keep referrals to your about me page>

Edited by forum moderator spinner, at 21:55 Wed 23/11/11 (GMT)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:03 Fri 18 Nov 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
Do you get anything in return for referrals?
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
02:02 Sat 19 Nov 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
shouldn't be any referral sites really mate.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:34 Sat 19 Nov 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
I see no problem with it myself, he would have linked to LoL either way so adding a referral link to the same site isn't really that big a deal.

I know people who play, never been interested personally, I can see the appeal though.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
04:06 Sat 19 Nov 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
I hope the referral site is edited. It is basically "taking advantage" of a benefit from a game.

I see it as displacing the spirit of playing fairly.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
05:43 Sat 19 Nov 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
Moved to "fun links"
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:08 Fri 25 Nov 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
Finally someone edits the referral link. Took some time.
jj0123
jj0123
05:19 Wed 30 Nov 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
I saw nothing in the forum rules to say that I cannot take advantage of benefits of other games nor post referral links for you to so eagerly hunt me down on both snooker and pool sites.

Is the opinion of mods enough to justify something that breaks no rules nor causes no harm?

Why bother having forum rules to only undermine them? There is no need to set a standard for the forums if you are not going to govern by that standard.

Do you agree?
jj0123
jj0123
05:38 Wed 30 Nov 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
Also the rewards are very small for LoL unless you are going to recuit in great numbers in which I do not plan to do, far too much effort to do that. It just would have been cool to get more English speaking players who would get more English speaking players on and boost the English speaking community on there. I only posted the link on pool and snooker, no other website.
eemad
eemad
00:08 Fri 2 Dec 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
If you have a look at the fun links on the snooker side, the description says no referral links. Pool just hasn't been updated to say this. Same rules apply to both sites. Just because it doesn't say it in the rules means you can actually do it. It's all down to discretion.
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Come play LoL and help me out with referrals!

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Fun Links.
Back to Forum List.