Premium accounts
are only £9.99 - Upgrade now

League Discussion Thread...

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 1
2
34100
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
Posts: 22,512
22:53 Mon 2 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
The settings on the poll where set to one vote per computer, the link only went out to people on funkypool so the chances of any outsiders voting are very unlikely.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:55 Mon 2 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
bluenose1872 said:
The settings on the poll where set to one vote per computer, the link only went out to people on funkypool so the chances of any outsiders voting are very unlikely.


Impossible, who would type in that long website address and you cant pick it up on google. Weebly works mainly on links only, unless you know the website off by heart.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
Posts: 38,005
22:57 Mon 2 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
and who would vote on something they know nothing about? way i did it was have permissions etc and set a vote in a forum only the permissioned people could see
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:57 Mon 2 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
cant be done on a website, would need people to sign-up. Funkypoolers are so lazy you'd have had 5 votes lol
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:59 Mon 2 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
I was thinking more in terms of anyone voting, say, ten times. But from what you say you could only do that from different IP's, for example a mobile phone internet connection and a PC etc, so it would take a bit of effort to vote more than twice!!
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
Posts: 22,512
23:00 Mon 2 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
theukspoon said:
bluenose1872 said:
The settings on the poll where set to one vote per computer, the link only went out to people on funkypool so the chances of any outsiders voting are very unlikely.


Impossible, who would type in that long website address and you cant pick it up on google. Weebly works mainly on links only, unless you know the website off by heart.


What exactly do you mean mate? are you saying the settings i just said are impossible?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:02 Mon 2 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
nope i mean its impossible for any outsiders to have voted on the poll, because you need to know the website link, you cant google search for anything like that.

Edit: unless somebody went to the effort of going through funkypool and getting the link for just to mess up a strangers poll lmao.
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
Posts: 22,512
23:02 Mon 2 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
chris said:
I was thinking more in terms of anyone voting, say, ten times. But from what you say you could only do that from differnt IP's for example a mobile phone internet connection and a PC etc so it would take a bit of effort to vote more than twice!!


That would class the person as a sad little man/woman haha

The chances are unlikely but it can be done yeah, but saying that i don't think anyone on here would do that. Plus the result of the poll is clearly in the favour of one idea. (Still to be posted)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:57 Tue 3 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Below is the result from the poll, the League Runners have decided to go with the majority vote with a transfer limit of one transfer per player per season.

This is our final decision and the details of new rule will be released in full once it has undergone some fine tuning, so please bear with us.

Posted Image

Edited at 04:01 Tue 03/01/12 (GMT)
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
Posts: 11,046
04:25 Tue 3 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Just read through the last few pages of the previous thread- why do people keep saying I poach players?
Have I done that? Honestly can't think of one...
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
Posts: 22,512
04:31 Tue 3 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
whocares8x8 said:
Just read through the last few pages of the previous thread- why do people keep saying I poach players?
Have I done that? Honestly can't think of one...


I don't believe in the word poaching, this is an online pool site. Its up to the player if they want to leave. I call it "A player wants to change clan". Poaching makes someone sound like they have begged i feel haha
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
Posts: 11,046
04:34 Tue 3 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Agreed. ipotalot just mentioned Snooker Squad a couple of times when it came to this topic. I didn't think I'd poached a player...
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
Posts: 22,512
04:38 Tue 3 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
If you go back and look at all the player's that switched clan's last season and you like to use the word "Poached" then sorry but most of all the captains are guilty as charged! haha

I don't think it is the right word to be used like i said above though.

Seb you never posted on the above vote, you must seem to be happy then . (I may have just started the unhappy scene)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
04:38 Tue 3 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
diamond_jem said:
Below is the result from the poll, the League Runners have decided to go with the majority vote with a transfer limit of one transfer per player per season.

This is our final decision and the details of new rule will be released in full once it has undergone some fine tuning, so please bear with us.

Posted Image

Edited at 04:01 Tue 03/01/12 (GMT)


The second and third results are people who don't want players free to move with captains release though you've just split them with a transfer window! they add to 43.1% the same as the top option.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
04:40 Tue 3 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
whocares8x8 said:
Agreed. ipotalot just mentioned Snooker Squad a couple of times when it came to this topic. I didn't think I'd poached a player...


You poached 3 of ours in one week lol
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
Posts: 22,512
04:42 Tue 3 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Option three is for no tranfers during the season like it is just now you leave clan or get told to leave you can't play for another clan in that season.

The above that has been chosen by the majority is the new rule but like what has been said it is going to be fine tuned.
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
Posts: 22,512
04:43 Tue 3 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
ipotalot said:
whocares8x8 said:
Agreed. ipotalot just mentioned Snooker Squad a couple of times when it came to this topic. I didn't think I'd poached a player...


You poached 3 of ours in one week lol


That's how clans work, get over it haha

Happens to the best of us at some point though.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
04:44 Tue 3 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Options 2 is how it is now and option 3 is just adding a transfer window halfway and thats as many people as want it changed basically.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
04:46 Tue 3 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
bluenose1872 said:
ipotalot said:
whocares8x8 said:
Agreed. ipotalot just mentioned Snooker Squad a couple of times when it came to this topic. I didn't think I'd poached a player...


You poached 3 of ours in one week lol


That's how clans work, get over it haha

Happens to the best of us at some point though.


Got over it but it shouldn't be how clans work and think it's pretty retarded that we stopped it and now it's going back to how it was to be honest.
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
Posts: 22,512
04:48 Tue 3 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
I meant to say two not three haha

These were the idea's given over the course of the week (maybe two) thats why they had been put up there.

The one chosen and going to be used will be tweaked though, i have an idea for the tweaking of it, but do you? or any other member of the league.
Pages: 1
2
34100
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

League Discussion Thread...

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.