League Discussion Thread...

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 19596
horse10000
horse10000
02:16 Wed 1 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
chris said:
If you cant resource an A and a B team then you dont have one - but your A team still has a maximum of 8 players.

Hows that?

So all other players above the 8 chosen are shelved for the season, sounds fair
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:25 Wed 1 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Neednt be all season necessarily - depends how successful the team is and how reliable the members are.

More than half the clans might only ever play one cup game all season anyway so whats the difference in terms of players not playing?.....

....Other than a more keenly fought contest over 5 games which increases the chances for every team taking part - hence how many seasons without winning a 5-a-side cup for MVP?
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
02:30 Wed 1 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Yup! An all too predictable result this season... (coincidentally with the new format)

edit: math mistake

Edited at 00:42 Wed 01/02/12 (GMT)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:38 Wed 1 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Nope - could have lost the final 38-37 on games played (had they been the right 5 games obviously!!)
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
02:42 Wed 1 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Oh you're right, I overlooked lethal_lures's result.
ab_rfc
ab_rfc
03:12 Wed 1 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
I might be wrong here but I'm starting to think these ideas being suggested are aimed at stopping MVP from winning, with every idea comes a conversation about MVP, why ?, we have a squad of 16 players just like every other clan and we respect all other clans, if you don't want MVP winning make your clans stronger, not think of ways to change the competition formats to suit other clans.
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
03:17 Wed 1 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Might sound that way, but weren't competition formats changed just before this season because the 'best' clans weren't winning the cup (then coined mickey mouse cup by you)?

Are you taking any sides on the over/under 300 point difference between first and second next season?
horse10000
horse10000
03:25 Wed 1 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Cup was always a Mickey Mouse cup and still is to a degree, only slightly improved this season due to change in side numbers later on. League is 8 v 8 and cup should be the same, why should a cup have a different format this has always been my argument with cup and won't change. MVP chose to devalue cup previously and if league want to change it again i would be more than happy to go back to treating the cup like we did before.
ab_rfc
ab_rfc
03:28 Wed 1 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
I think it will be alot closer than you think, we couldnt get that gap in Div 2 so why would we in Div1.

Cup wasn't changed because the best clans weren't winning it, it was changed because it was a mickey mouse 5 aside cup.
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
03:33 Wed 1 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
so under 300? I didn't technically say you would be the ones in first
horse10000
horse10000
03:36 Wed 1 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
whocares8x8 said:
so under 300? I didn't technically say you would be the ones in first

whocares8x8 said:
Let's be honest, with a lineup of

eemad
dvz
beenjammin
sean_paul
tinie
ab_rfc
rapid_pot
cphaynes

and possible subs of i_am_blessed, potlimit, horse, davybaumers, mrmagic, etc.

we'll all be chasing for second. I predict a win by more than 250 points.
But the fight for second should be exciting!

Edited at 00:43 Tue 31/01/12 (GMT)

So this was not you then seb predicting MVP 1st?
ab_rfc
ab_rfc
03:38 Wed 1 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
I think Snooker Squad could do it by possibly 10 points.
avoid relegation lol

horse10000
horse10000
03:40 Wed 1 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
ab_rfc said:
I think Snooker Squad could do it by possibly 10 points.
avoid relegation lol

They will need to work harder for points from defaults next season as well, could be closer than that
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
04:06 Wed 1 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
horse10000 said:
Cup was always a Mickey Mouse cup

And was only called that by a team that could never win it

horse10000 said:
MVP chose to devalue cup previously

Really? Thats a bit rude about your losing teams in all those games

They included, amongst others,..
alexander (3 times)
mich (2)
destiny (2)
__robdut__ (2)
ab_rfc (2)
techno (2)
onua0767
killer_1
nickh87
ex_champ
niall

plus as you would expect any number of other top players.

I have nothing against MVP, or the fact that it's built by taking many of the best players. Its as valid a way of getting a clan as any. Doesn't mean there shouldn't be formats aimed at levelling things out in places (the Cup being the best opportunity) if it promotes interest for a greater number of players for longer or increases genuine competition at the top.

Edited at 02:10 Wed 01/02/12 (GMT)
doubted2
doubted2
10:47 Wed 1 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
this debate goes round and round

well done to MVP for promotion,, but hey ! horse has got it right,, strengthen your team and with every season you get stronger,,,,,

i was a little concerned with the 9 x 9 leap in the cup,
from 5 v 5 .. it wouldnt have changed the result much but when the rules stated a minimum of 8 players in your team i thought at the time, who was this to suite.

maybe some things need to be thought about a little more, before changes are made ..

chris i think id give up m8, every time you say something constructive, there is always the same people being destructive, never a proactive response on how to make it work

again life isnt all about MVP,

i keep hearing Cobras this MVP that.... Shooters only won because of this or that

get this right,,,,,,,,, both of the teams mentioned wernt in the division so what ifs dont count sorry facts are facts

on top of this i hear cobras this cobras that,, well if the allegations are to be believed they cheated so applause to people who rabbit on about them, and give them credit ...

as for MVP having a great team, total respect for them,, 300 point win 250 win ,, its one thing to be a great team its another to be gracious and have respect for your opponents

mind saying this im sure my comments will draw the usual comments, life would be a little dull around here without all the egos
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
10:48 Wed 1 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Just going through what teams have currently signed up to the FCL next season.

We do how ever have a slight situation regarding the divisions for these teams though, if all teams that are to play in the pre season games and everyone passes it then every clan from the season just ended that was in division two will be promoted to division one because as it stands there is [U][B]7[/U][/B] new clans wanting to be apart of the league. This is the only way it can be done as you know because a new clan can not start in the division one. This could be made to 8 teams in the division two if Fighting Eagles wish to enter also.
doubted2
doubted2
10:53 Wed 1 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
nice turn out
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
11:15 Wed 1 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Exactly what i was thinking Craig.

If it does go ahead like the above then the division two league will be very interesting i think. .
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:50 Wed 1 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
bluenose1872 said:
every clan from the season just ended that was in division two will be promoted to division one

I genuinely believe that needs rethinking.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
11:59 Wed 1 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
chris said:
bluenose1872 said:
every clan from the season just ended that was in division two will be promoted to division one

I genuinely believe that needs rethinking.

what else is there if more clans join than they was?

you really want 5 players in division 1 and 15 in division 2 (examples), how would it work?
Pages: 19596
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

League Discussion Thread...

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.