League Discussion Thread...

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 19697
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
12:03 Wed 1 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
I posted and it never worked

What is there to rethink mate? There is no other way of doing it as a new clan can not move into division one.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
12:04 Wed 1 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
about cup heres my own views and not about a single clan.

50% of me wants to go back to 5 v 5 cup for unpredictability here you can keep 15 frames. If you put cup up to 7 v 7 (can't be 8 v 8 as needs to be odd) then decrease to 9 frames to keep that unpredictability.

cup works on snooker as its 1 frame of each type so anything can happen in one frame which should happen. on pool in final its 9 v 9 and 15 frames, if its 9 v 9 why not decrease it to 9 frames as we know on snooker it will get boring eventually if one clan wins all the time (again not saying MVP but could mean any team in the league)

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:06 Wed 1 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Why not bite the bullet and have a one off reorganisation into what appears to be, from the joint judgement of the league runners, two divisions of the most evenly matched clans as possible.

Promotion and relegation and new clans starting in Division 2 are perfectly good things but sometimes there comes a point where so many clans fold and new ones form over a couple of seasons that it just constantly maintains an unhealthy imbalance between the two divisions.
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
12:11 Wed 1 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
I don't see any unhealthy imbalance of the divisions.

This is following rules and if thats they way the divisions are going to be next season then so be it. This is the worst case scenario though as not all clans may make it past the pre season friendlies.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
12:11 Wed 1 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
chris said:
Why not bite the bullet and have a one off reorganisation into what appears to be, from the joint judgement of the league runners, two divisions of the most evenly matched clans as possible.

Promotion and relegation and new clans starting in Division 2 are perfectly good things but sometimes there comes a point where so many clans fold and new ones form over a couple of seasons that it just constantly maintains an unhealthy imbalance between the two divisions.

rules are clear though, a rename/folded clan always start in division 2, when i suggested a playoff to make it even if it was ever more in division 2 than 1 it got negative feedback because of the rules.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:12 Wed 1 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
I still love the idea of the option of A and B teams competing. It potentially involves 10 of the 16 or so players (more than now).

I also think the banter if an A team drew a B team would be entertaining and interesting and one thing's for certain there would not be one team favourite to win it at short odds as there is now.

Why cant we have something that is different and original as a trial?
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
12:15 Wed 1 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
chris said:
I still love the idea of the option of A and B teams competing. It potentially involves 10 of the 16 or so players (more than now).

I also think the banter if an A team drew a B team would be entertaining and interesting and one thing's for certain there would not be one team favourite to win it at short odds as there is now.

Why cant we have something that is different and original as a trial?

i remember 2 teams being talked about on snooker, it got negative feedback as A team could let B team win or vice versa and it would be a disadvantage for others. for example if Team Angry was the only team to have A and B team what would others say?

don't really like this idea.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:23 Wed 1 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
bluenose1872 said:
I don't see any unhealthy imbalance of the divisions.

Its not huge but its definitely unhealthy.

I will cite Underdogs. 11 matches played and no wins. 11 individual matches won all season out of 88 (of which 7 were by one person). And an average of somewhere like 4 to 4.5 frames won per game.

Put them into Division 1 now against exactly the same teams as last season and you're going to have the same outcome.

Leave them in Division 2 with 5 more evenly matched teams and there is a genuine prospect of having some competitive games and something to fight for rather than simply trying to avoid a heavy defeat every time.

I dont think that is being negative - just realistic.
cke1982
cke1982
12:26 Wed 1 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
agree with chris great point are clan was just getting gelled together unlucky not to get a few wins we would prefer to stay where we are
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:27 Wed 1 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
dgeneratio said:
it got negative feedback as A team could let B team win or vice versa and it would be a disadvantage for others. for example if Team Angry was the only team to have A and B team what would others say?

Why would one team let the other win? And where is the disadvantage?

If the option was there to put two teams in then why would you not do it. If a clan could not resource two teams or only wanted to put one in then fine. But with 5-a-side that leaves a lot of players out so they would face opposition from within.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
12:28 Wed 1 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
but it comes to my discussion about 5 in one division and 8 in another, wouldn't it be easier to even the divisions rather than have uneven divisions and therefore an uneven schedule.

you could argue that MVP should have been put in division 1 straight away this season since they are the best team and almost unbeatable but due to rules they had to start in the lowest division which sucks but thats the way it goes.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
12:31 Wed 1 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
chris said:
dgeneratio said:
it got negative feedback as A team could let B team win or vice versa and it would be a disadvantage for others. for example if Team Angry was the only team to have A and B team what would others say?

Why would one team let the other win? And where is the disadvantage?

If the option was there to put two teams in then why would you not do it. If a clan could not resource two teams or only wanted to put one in then fine. But with 5-a-side that leaves a lot of players out so they would face opposition from within.

just saying the feedback from snooker, not saying they would but its a possibility, it would be unfair for only one clan for instance to have A and B team as it would give them 2 ways to win the cup and everyone else one. if you put it in the cup then people will argue for the league as well.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:32 Wed 1 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
dgeneratio said:
but it comes to my discussion about 5 in one division and 8 in another, wouldn't it be easier to even the divisions rather than have uneven divisions and therefore an uneven schedule.

you could argue that MVP should have been put in division 1 straight away this season since they are the best team and almost unbeatable but due to rules they had to start in the lowest division which sucks but thats the way it goes.

You have six and six obviously - never said anything to the contrary. You just try and match the 6 evenly (hopefully just on this occasion if we could survive with fewer teams folding on a regular basis) and then revert to promotion relegation subsequently.

Yes MVP and Snooker Squad should absolutely go straight into Division 1 if they were forming now. If a rule sucks then surely you revisit it rather than persevere with it?????
lethal_lures
lethal_lures
12:33 Wed 1 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
lets stick MVP in div 1 on there own and the rest of us go for div 2

on a serious note, i like the team A team B thing chris, 5 vs 5 15 frames, lets do it
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:36 Wed 1 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
dgeneratio said:
it would be unfair for only one clan for instance to have A and B team as it would give them 2 ways to win the cup and everyone else one. if you put it in the cup then people will argue for the league as well.

Thats where you actually educate them that potentially you are increasing the chances of them NOT winning it. 'Divide and conquer is the saying'.

And no - it is clear this is simply a cup competition.

Having said that if smaller clans did produce more interesting seasons then who knows if that is the way it could end up going in the long term across the board. Not saying it would but if you never try radical things you never find out whether they work better or not.
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
cke1982 said:
agree with chris great point are clan was just getting gelled together unlucky not to get a few wins we would prefer to stay where we are

I'm sorry but rules are rules, it really is not a matter of where you prefer to be, if you won the division two would you prefer to stay there even though you can be promted - i don't think so.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
i can't review it as i won't be a runner next season.

but at the same time you wouldn't be able to have relegation and promotion, say for example MVP got relegated (would never happen to you will see my point) then because they are the best the runners decide to even them up and have the same teams again.

or Underdogs as you mentioned, say they got promotion and runners decided they aren't strong enough for division 1 so they get put back in division 2.

don't get me wrong i like the idea but you need to think about those
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:38 Wed 1 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
I did think about it - hence saying it was a case of biting the bullet and (hopefully) having it as a one-off readjustment.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
12:39 Wed 1 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
chris said:
dgeneratio said:
it would be unfair for only one clan for instance to have A and B team as it would give them 2 ways to win the cup and everyone else one. if you put it in the cup then people will argue for the league as well.

Thats where you actually educate them that potentially you are increasing the chances of them NOT winning it. 'Divide and conquer is the saying'.

And no - it is clear this is simply a cup competition.

Having said that if smaller clans did produce more interesting seasons then who knows if that is the way it could end up going in the long term across the board. Not saying it would but if you never try radical things you never find out whether they work better or not.

never said i dislike it, i do like it but i just feel its more negative than positive.

you would need to do it for league if you do it for cup though as people would argue the case eventually.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:41 Wed 1 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
bluenose1872 said:
I'm sorry but rules are rules

dgeneratio said:
since they are the best team and almost unbeatable but due to rules they had to start in the lowest division which sucks
Pages: 19697
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

League Discussion Thread...

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.