League Discussion Thread...

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 19798
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:42 Wed 1 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
dgeneratio said:
you would need to do it for league if you do it for cup though as people would argue the case eventually.

And if it worked and was popular then why would you not anyway?

If it wasn't popular then no harm done really.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
12:43 Wed 1 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
oh and if 2 teams did go ahead you would need a balanced team in both.

e.g. on snooker say you had.

D&C (Original Snooker)

A Team

whocares8x8
arpeggi
chase475

B Team

dgeneratio
einit
kilimanjaro

surely wouldn't be right?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:45 Wed 1 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
You can have whoever you wanted in either team. Either two even teams or one strong and one less strong. What you might want to consider though is having a mix of time zone players to avoid default risk.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
12:49 Wed 1 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
guess you could trial it, Jay would have final say though. if it is a success for 2 seasons then possibly change it for the league as well (would need a new format etc though as 8 v 8 wouldn't work as no subs).

what you could do if Jay agreed is have 2 Cup competitions, main one as it is now, and a fun one (a dummy if you like) for those who want to enter A and B? main one would be a promotion thing, dummy one would be an experiment.
doubted2
doubted2
13:13 Wed 1 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
chris i see a couple of problems

alot of top players play for rank and status

with FCL
clan singles
league
cup x 2

FBL
league
cup

your asking an awful lot of clans, on top of this people call the FCL cup mickey mouse which i think is totaly disrespectful, if they thought so little of it, why enter.

and again calling it a dummy run isnt going to get the full support of the bigger teams,,,

i also believe that the FCL cup should stay at 5 x 5 and people stop tinkering with it.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:16 Wed 1 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
I'm not advocating making some huge change to affect the way the FCL has run for 15 seasons.

If people want to try something different in the Cup then fine if they dont then boring - sorry I meant fine.
doubted2
doubted2
13:16 Wed 1 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
jay as for teams from division 2 comming up to division one

to say balance it

why not have 3 divisions and play each other 3 times, just a suggestion
doubted2
doubted2
13:19 Wed 1 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
chris we would be a team to support it as we do with most things,

im just pointing out with the amount of fixtures already, more organised teams could do it comfortably, the lesser teams could cause you a loty of problems no disrepect to any team..

but looking at an example team angry and shooters had no defaults all season, it can be done but the question would be, will the little less organised teams be able to cope

Edited at 11:28 Wed 01/02/12 (GMT)
doubted2
doubted2
13:26 Wed 1 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
i also believe the entrance criteria into both the FCL and FBL needs reviewing to

im working on somthing now for the FBL

but an example
a player with a seasons experience can captain a clan, what a joke that is and that is the main criteria,,,,,

tell me when has a clan player as a rule, ever being shown or told how to do a correct default for submission to the default panel pfttttttttt

even in the current rules its a minefield for experinced captains to follow.

as iv said im working on somthing to make life alot easier for captains and new ones

how many rightful defaults have been lost because people simply dont no what to do

again the defaults panel having strict guidlines to use and work from for achieving the correct results

hopefully the FCL and FBL have looked at the mess this season by people not using the rules already in place
cke1982
cke1982
16:28 Wed 1 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
i sent default info to one person who asked and had to send it to another person one person only gets sent the info
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
16:31 Wed 1 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
did you send it to bluenose like i asked?
cke1982
cke1982
16:32 Wed 1 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
im thinking bout fbl sorry
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:56 Wed 1 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Right we've done the proper thing and messaged Jay about our player being banned for no reason been ignored there and he doesn't accept private messages which is a joke from a league runner.
James has admitted to me they have no evidence whatsoever against Kev

'g_b and hwc was banned and kev deactivated that tells me what i needed to know'

That is no evidence whatsoever to be banning someone from the league, kev was deactivating anyway as he had already given up his league runner role and folded cobras.
The rules about banning people from the league for second accounts after a warning only came in after this anyway and you couldn't fairly go back and punish somebody for something that happened before when you introduce a new rule even if it were true.
This is somebody who ran the league for us all for a lot of seasons, put in a lot of work to provide this league for everyone's enjoyment and he is getting banned without a shred of evidence against him!
Don't know what the hell is going on here because there really shouldn't be any decision to make.
innocent till proven guilty ring any bells?!! Reverse this ridiculous decision Jay and let the guy play
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
18:03 Wed 1 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
I strongly suggest that you go back and read again before pointing out that i am a joke for not accepting private messages! I don't need to accept private messages league runner or not it is up to me i do like some time to play the game without being messaged every minute about the league, you sent me an offline message like a few have and the player in question has to. I have looked at them all and read them, but do not need to message everyone of you back. While on that subject the player in question has told many that he is Kev but that is not the name he gave me in his message to me.

I said i would have a look at the situation in the next few days did i not, im sure others seen it, you will have an answer before the pre season friendly games so just chill out!!! I have other stuff to do besides this to you know.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:09 Wed 1 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
You didn't even respond to say you were looking into it and as the vice captain of the team I would think if you were going to message someone back it would be me or the player in question but he never got a response from you either!
There really shouldn't be any hard decision here Jay you haven't got any proof of any wrong-doing!!
By the pre-season friendlies isn't much good to us either is it? We're in the transfer window now
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
18:15 Wed 1 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
I responded on here and said i was looking into it, and well tough your out of luck your going to be waiting until at least tomorrow for an answer. Im really sorry that i don't respond to some messages but as you can guess i get a lot of them!

I'm the type of person to message the captain of the team as they do run the team, no offence though.

I was meant to message him back, so i will do it in the next hour or so, as i would like to get to the bottom of the name thing =/
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
18:21 Wed 1 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
as Jay said he will look into it so please be patient, i am sure it will be done before the friendlies in case he is unbanned, that gives you time to add him to your list or make any subs needed.

Jay an idea let them put kev in the teamsheet like hes not banned in case you do change your mind that way they can use kev for the friendlies.

if Jay can't make a choice by himself i am sure he will ask the other runners (Jem and Horse) what they think.

i don't want anymore posts regarding kev until the final verdict has been posted.

Thanks
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:22 Wed 1 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
You haven't messaged Ang either, you didn't respond on here because a response happens AFTER a message not days before.
Why would he claim to be the one person in the league who is banned if he wasn't Jay lol come on wakey wakey?!
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
18:23 Wed 1 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
I'm going to try and sort this out tonight, but after the message i got off the player himself im questioning who it actually is everyone has said one name but the bloke/woman is saying another.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:24 Wed 1 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Post was made at the same time as yours james btw
Pages: 19798
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

League Discussion Thread...

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.