Viewing forum thread.
Back to Technology chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages:
flapjack
flapjack
Admin
23:51 Sun 15 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
I was just thinking about my new headphones arriving on Tuesday, and wondered what other people are using?

I'm getting these ones, as my old bog standard JVC ones have broken, and only one headphone works.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004S7Q8CA

I've heard the ones mentioned above are supposed to be up to the standard of Dr. Dre's Beats.

What do you guys use?
bunrzybhoy
bunrzybhoy
00:04 Mon 16 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Those headphones look extremely good, 216 or so reviews and average rating 4.5 / 5? I would never pay £80 for In-Ear Dre Beats. A few of my mates have those £300 Dr.Dre Beats Studios - and let me say, they are unbelievable (so's the price unfortunately!) I would buy them if it wasn't that price. I just use those JVC 'gummy' headphones, the all green ones

Those Studio Dre's sound like a docking station when volume is like half price! I would go for those headphones, and I might join you in doing that aswell as I've had my old ones for a while and they aren't very good quality. Also I read those reviews and they said if you love bass music get them, which I do
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:45 Mon 16 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
bunrzybhoy said:
I just use those JVC 'gummy' headphones, the all green ones

Me too, I have purple ones

I think spending any more than £25 on headphones is a little steep unless your life really revolves around having good headphones.
flapjack
flapjack
Admin
00:45 Mon 16 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Beats are amazing headphones, but tremendously over-priced. They break really easy too, from what I've heard.
3 of my friends have had beats for no more than a month (all with different versions) and they have broken and have to be sent back.
For the price, this is terrible.

I was also kind of shocked at the price of the headphones that I posted above. I'll post a small review on them when the arrive, which should be Tuesday-Thursday.

rogan said:

I think spending any more than £25 on headphones is a little steep unless your life really revolves around having good headphones.

My life currently revolves around music I walk long distances to school, lots of IT lessons where no teacher is needed, the gym and such. Couldn't live without headphones for a day at all
bunrzybhoy
bunrzybhoy
00:57 Mon 16 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Reviews do look good, I get bored of my music cause I listen to same songs over and over (I really need to stop doing that ) I would consider purchasing those aswell!

But yeah, I agree, I would totally buy Dre beats if the price wasn't so high. £300 for Studios?!
flapjack
flapjack
Admin
00:58 Mon 16 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
You can buy the fake ones, some kids at school sell them. They sound exactually the same as the normal beats do, but for 1/10 of the price
bunrzybhoy
bunrzybhoy
01:09 Mon 16 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
flapjack said:
You can buy the fake ones, some kids at school sell them. They sound exactually the same as the normal beats do, but for 1/10 of the price

Would never buy fake Beats, I don't think they'd sound the same to be honest.. maybe for a few days, then boom standard headphones.
flapjack
flapjack
Admin
09:28 Mon 16 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Me neither, but thats what I've heard
Going to stick with my JVC's for a while yet
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:39 Thu 19 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Sentry 880CD

Stereo Dynamic Headphones
...these things frikin ROCK!

A lot of bass if that what u like, adjustable volume on headphone cord. very cheap, under $20

Padded Cushion for ears!
flapjack
flapjack
Admin
10:33 Thu 19 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
I don't really like the over ear ones, especially when your walking through the street and running.

They arrived today, and I have to say that they sound even better than beats do. The build quality is great, nothing feels like its going to break. If you've ever had strawberry laces, the wire is a bit thicker than that, and the same colour!
The ear buds don't hurt your ears, and you get a selection of small, medium and large. I use medium, it gives great noise cancellation!
When I have them in with no music on, you can still hear things that are happening around you, they're not like ear plugs. But as soon as you turn your music on, you cannot hear a thing from the outside word, even when your volume is on half. My mum was shouting me downstairs when tea was ready, and I couldn't hear her at all. Then she came up and stood behind me, shouting at me and I still couldn't hear her.

The quality of the sound is excellent, I have tried with every different genre that I have on my phone. This is including:
Dance,Rap,R&B,Rock,Metal,Punk,Bassline and Vocals
All of these sounds great, and it picks up the bassline perfectly. You get a real punch with it too. The music sounds like the producer intended it too, and I can't fault it yet.

The day after I bought these they went up in price to £27.99. I paid £20.00 for these, and I still could have paid the full £27.99 for them. I would recommend them to anyone who likes their music and has a few quid to spare on headphones.
bunrzybhoy
bunrzybhoy
16:23 Thu 19 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Nice, considering it.

Found them on the site I always go on (Play.com) everyone knows that site! .. and, they are selling the headphones for £18 free postage too!! Bargain!

Link is in spoiler as it's a long link.

bunrzybhoy
bunrzybhoy
22:58 Thu 19 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Edit: Play.com are out of stock for the £18, but if you click the 4 new from £21.99 it will take you to people selling through Play.com and infact there is someone selling it at £22 free postage, it's the same person who sells it on amazon but price at amazon is back to £27! Strange, but I'm not complaining then

Edited at 21:20 Thu 19/01/12 (GMT)
bunrzybhoy
bunrzybhoy
16:20 Sat 21 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Mines arrived already, they only got sent out yesterday! I totally agree flapjack they are great. Did not expect the bass to be that clear, might change around the medium to small and see which is better as I read you want perfect fit to make the bass sound the best.
flapjack
flapjack
Admin
20:49 Sat 21 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Glad you like them. I'm in love with, I couldn't live without them now
bunrzybhoy
bunrzybhoy
22:58 Sat 21 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Really weird feeling having in-ear headphones just now though, never had ones like that before! Review said let them burn in, and they'll become better. 30hours of playing medium volume burns them in and they reach the best they can become I think
flapjack
flapjack
Admin
01:39 Sun 22 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
I've only played about 10 hours yet, not had much time to have them in. If they sound this good now, they're going to sound amazing when they're broken in
bunrzybhoy
bunrzybhoy
21:34 Mon 23 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Mines have broke after one day, Great.. Left one has went completely silent, seems like the bass has burst. I was only playing a Kanye West song at medium volume so wasn't a loud fast song at a high volume.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
06:53 Tue 24 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
bunrzybhoy said:
Mines have broke after one day, Great.. Left one has went completely silent, seems like the bass has burst. I was only playing a Kanye West song at medium volume so wasn't a loud fast song at a high volume.

Must be rubbish. I buy basic ones at £10 and they last me years
flapjack
flapjack
Admin
09:33 Tue 24 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Mine haven't broken yet, and I haven't had them off of full volume yet. I play rock, bassline, rap, metal and acoustics, and its all good?
Might just be yours? Or I might be lucky
bunrzybhoy
bunrzybhoy
14:56 Tue 24 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
broxi said:
bunrzybhoy said:

Must be rubbish. I buy basic ones at £10 and they last me years

Me too, those last JVC ones lasted me like 2 years! These ones are JVC and have just gone already.
Pages:
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Headphones.'

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Technology chat.
Back to Forum List.