Super League IX - News

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Super League and The Players Championship.
Back to Forum List.

Pages:
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:05 Wed 1 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
This is proposed to be a new trial clan competition.

It will be an experimental 'lite' vesion of the existing clan leagues to guage both how competitive it can be and how viable it might be. The equivalent of a five-a-side soccer league in comparison to an eleven-a-side one (ie the FCL and FBL)

There will be one Division in a regular season with everyone playing everyone else building to an end of season Play-Off competition for the top 8 teams. There will be no Cup competition or Individual competitions at this stage.

Clans will consist of eight player squads playing 5-a-side matches over a short format of 6 frames (2 of each type) with bonus points available for 'events' - Golden Breaks and Run Outs.

Entries are invited from existing clans and new ones. A & B teams (or however you wish them to be known) are positively welcome from existing clans and they will be treated as separate entities.

The plan is to commence on 12/2/12 - the same day that FCL pre-season trial games commence. Therefore entries are required to be confirmed (along with the lists of the maximum of eight players) by Midnight on 10/2/12 by messaging me. In the mean time please feel free to post any intention to take part below.

Please see this site for any further details of the format.

http://funkypoolsuperleague.weebly.com/

Thanks
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:56 Wed 1 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Further to the above. Although clan sizes are a maximum of 8 at any one time, within the rules common to all the clan leagues the options are there to move players in and out of that eight to rotate an existing larger sized clan, subject to 'quarantine', as an alternative to submitting A & B teams.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
20:11 Wed 1 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
good luck with this chris, im not sure if Snooker Squad will enter or not (up to seb), not because i think its a bad league which it isn't but were currently in 3 leagues and not sure if we can do another.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:15 Wed 1 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
your currently in 3 leagues?

and good luck with this Chris, hopefully im in a team
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
20:17 Wed 1 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Snooker, FCL and FBL
tinie
tinie
20:19 Wed 1 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Good Luck with this can't be any worse than FBL lol
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
20:48 Wed 1 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
lol, chris do you have to wait a month before you can play or can everyone play?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:04 Wed 1 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
I have tried to keep most of the rules the same as FCL and FBL so as to keep things constant.

I am not too concerned over the one month rule particularly. So if it is an issue I will happily lift it.

However if I see anything wrong in respect of anything I will exclude people with no discussion on the subject!!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:11 Wed 1 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
are we calling this the FSL then? haha
_pro__frog_
_pro__frog_
21:12 Wed 1 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
FSL
FBL
FPL
FCL

This is gonna get confusing
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:14 Wed 1 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Think the FPL has ground to a halt.

Second place behind the FCL is there for the taking, think this is just a little side-event though.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:24 Wed 1 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
i up for this chris vipers will be in it.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:27 Wed 1 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
No its going to be called 'Super League'

It's not intended as a side-event - more an experiment.

But if people enjoy taking part and it works I am prepared to evolve it in to whatever format, or team sizes, people want (within reason) long term.
punkpoet
punkpoet
22:28 Wed 1 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Yeah when fpl was mentioned I said there should be a 5 man can event. Looks very promising could also leade to A and B teams fro respective clans :)
ab_rfc
ab_rfc
22:39 Wed 1 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
chris said:
No its going to be called 'Super League'

It's not intended as a side-event - more an experiment.

But if people enjoy taking part and it works I am prepared to evolve it in to whatever format, or team sizes, people want (within reason) long term.

Mickey Mouse sounds better lol

I'll see if keith fancies it, I don't but he might.

Edited at 20:43 Wed 01/02/12 (GMT)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:46 Wed 1 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
ab_rfc said:
Mickey Mouse sounds better lol

Well if you fancy a trip to Disneyland jump aboard.

You might even prove you can win a 5-a-side competition if you try
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
22:52 Wed 1 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
you love it really ab, your just shy to admit it
ab_rfc
ab_rfc
22:54 Wed 1 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
MVP have nothing to prove, Why would we want to win a 5 aside event when clans consist of 16 players, this just looks like another one of your ideas on how to stop MVP winning, you've suggested quite a few lately.
Anyway, I'm not interested but keith might be.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:56 Wed 1 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
ab_rfc said:
MVP have nothing to prove, Why would we want to win a 5 aside event when clans consist of 16 players, this just looks like another one of your ideas on how to stop MVP winning, you've suggested quite a few lately.
Anyway, I'm not interested but keith might be.

lol dont be a hater just because I keep turning Keith's invitation to join MVP down.
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
23:00 Wed 1 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
I do like the idea and the format- this way, the season won't be decided before we even start playing it. Even 5 of the best players can be beaten by other good players (because there are enough of them around). No monopolies here.

If Snooker Squad players are interested and have the time, they are welcome to put a team out. I can't run it though- I run the league and a clan on snooker, as well as Snooker Squad in 2 leagues here.

All Snooker Squad players are free to either form their own Snooker Squad team here or join others if they want to play (for this league only of course).
Pages:
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Super League IX - News

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Super League and The Players Championship.
Back to Forum List.