Super League IX - News

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Super League and The Players Championship.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 123
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
04:17 Sun 12 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
sorry - i just went with what I was sent. It should be...

__anaconda__
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:59 Sun 12 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Why do vipers get 10 players when the rules state 8 max on a teamsheet??
punkpoet
punkpoet
12:32 Sun 12 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
I believe its 8 per fixtue 5 for starters 3 for subs but I could be wrong.
As I didn't do the fixtures I don't but as its been accepted should be correct.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:05 Sun 12 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
theukspoon said:
Why do vipers get 10 players when the rules state 8 max on a teamsheet??

The actual rules switched within the first 24 hours of the idea starting so that any clan can pick any of its players to either start or sub in at any time in any game. The only exception is for the Latin Legends where they have two distinctly separate teams and have provided me with teamsheets of 8 for each of their teams..

It was posted on this thread and also at least once on Crazy Eights thread which q_tip acknowledged so hopefully should be OK.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:23 Sun 12 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
So to confirm, vipers have picked 3 unchangeable subbs for each ficture or do they get more possible subs than anyone else?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:27 Sun 12 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
No - any player from the clan can be used in any game at any time. The maximum subs you have available depends on your clan size - same as FCL rules. Subs are unlimited.

Yes that wasnt the original intention for the league as the aim was to have smaller sized clans but in order to get it up and running as easily as possible in as short a time as possible (to run along the same schedule as this season's FCL) I changed it.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:32 Sun 12 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
So in other words your hindering teams who have 8 players such as latin legends team a and b and giving advantages to clans who entered one team like vipers..

Seems fair.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:34 Sun 12 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
No I have posted on their thread saying that each of their two teams may sign other players who arent playing/registered elsewhere for this season. I also gave them the opportunity to revert back to having the one team.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:37 Sun 12 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
For me that loses some appeal of having a different league to fcl and fbl, looks like you have just followed suit

Well should be interesting to see how it pans out, not entirely sure how a clan can keep players happy with a team of 16 in a 5 a side league haha
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:09 Sun 12 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
theukspoon said:
For me that loses some appeal of having a different league to fcl and fbl, looks like you have just followed suit

Well should be interesting to see how it pans out, not entirely sure how a clan can keep players happy with a team of 16 in a 5 a side league haha

It was always planned to run to the same timetable as the FCL with the same clans therefore teams of 16 will have at least four fixtures every 2 weeks (more when the FBL restarts) so that should make keeping the players happy irrelevant.

With more time hopefully between this new season and the next it will give more clans a chance to put in distinct A & B teams and then restrict those that dont to having only the 8 players. However with only one clan submitting the A & B teams this time this was considered the best and easiest way forward at this stage. It saves teams duplicating work by sending team lists and team changes to two sets of leagues (3 once FBL starts). More importantly it tests the competitiveness of the format.

Edited at 12:17 Sun 12/02/12 (GMT)
blueberry
blueberry
14:16 Sun 12 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Competitiveness
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:18 Sun 12 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
yeh that too
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:22 Sun 12 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
spoonie still jelious of vipers lol

chill out spoonster i only followed rules m8.

i for one would like to thank chris for this idea and belive it will give teams more activity.
thegreatone7
thegreatone7
14:34 Sun 12 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
2nd that xx
punkpoet
punkpoet
15:10 Sun 12 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Spoonie Vipers arn't the only team to use 10 players so don't make it out that way please mate :)

Also can't Latin Legends use other players? Similar to FBL last season many clans had MVP players :)
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
15:35 Sun 12 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
they would have to add them to the team first, im guessing.

7-balling doesn't give you an extra point right?
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
15:37 Sun 12 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
whocares8x8 (6) vs (0) hardy202
There was a 7-balling in 8US, if that counts.
punkpoet
punkpoet
15:46 Sun 12 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Seb theres a results thread :)
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
17:26 Sun 12 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
oh right! ty
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:39 Sun 12 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
sorry just using vipers as example, also very well done, website looks very well set out
Pages: 123
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Super League IX - News

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Super League and The Players Championship.
Back to Forum List.