Super League IX - News

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Super League and The Players Championship.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 16667
horse10000
horse10000
04:09 Sun 24 Jan 16 (GMT)  [Link]  
Super League Season X

http://funkypoolclanleagues.weebly.com/super-league.html

I require team lists in from all teams for the first set of fixtures by Sunday night 24/01/16

Please make sure that you check full list as games between clans are all happening in the first set.
horse10000
horse10000
02:56 Mon 25 Jan 16 (GMT)  [Link]  
Super League Season X

Fixture Set 1 games can be found here...

http://funkypoolclanleagues.weebly.com/super-league-fixture-set-1.html

Fixture deadline is Midnight UK on 14th February 2016
horse10000
horse10000
03:10 Sun 14 Feb 16 (GMT)  [Link]  
Super League Season X

I require team lists in from all teams for the second set of fixtures by Sunday night 14/02/16
horse10000
horse10000
03:26 Mon 15 Feb 16 (GMT)  [Link]  
Super League Season X

Fixture Set 2 games can be found here...

http://funkypoolclanleagues.weebly.com/super-league-fixture-set-2.html

Fixture deadline is Midnight UK on 06th March 2016
fatmikee
fatmikee
20:47 Mon 15 Feb 16 (GMT)  [Link]  
Desslock
Cuester
Both in
horse10000
horse10000
03:10 Wed 17 Feb 16 (GMT)  [Link]  
Super League X - Require default information by midnight on Thursday for fixture set 1.

Thanks
horse10000
horse10000
22:34 Fri 19 Feb 16 (GMT)  [Link]  
Super League X - Require default information by midnight on Thursday for fixture set 1.

Thanks

No information provided again for games that were unplayed, again it is no surprise that games are not completed.
horse10000
horse10000
02:58 Sun 6 Mar 16 (GMT)  [Link]  
Super League Season X

I require team lists in from all teams for the third set of fixtures by Sunday night 06/03/16

Also the deadline for fixture set 2 will be extended for one week until the 13/03/16 for all teams due to all the commotion with Pocket Dynamos this week.

Thanks
horse10000
horse10000
03:21 Mon 7 Mar 16 (GMT)  [Link]  
Super League Season X

Fixture Set 3 games can be found here...

http://funkypoolclanleagues.weebly.com/super-league-fixture-set-3.html

Fixture deadline is Midnight UK on 27th March 2016
horse10000
horse10000
23:08 Mon 21 Mar 16 (GMT)  [Link]  
When super league season finishes this Sunday the play offs will start. These are going to be slightly different from previous seasons, i am going to include all clans in the knock outs and it will be seeded by the teams league position.

1st = Bye
2nd = Bye
3rd = Bye

Then the draw would be as follows:-
4 v 13
5 v 12
6 v 11
7 v 10
8 v 9

Then in quarters it would be the team who finished first v the highest seed left etc

This will continue to the final.

In the knock outs the games will have a one week deadline so will take no longer to complete.

This will give all clans a chance to win the knock out part as well.

Any questions regarding any of the above please let me know
horse10000
horse10000
23:37 Mon 21 Mar 16 (GMT)  [Link]  
When super league season finishes this Sunday the play offs will start. These are going to be slightly different from previous seasons, i am going to include all clans in the knock outs and it will be seeded by the teams league position.

1st = Bye
2nd = Bye
3rd = Bye

Then the draw would be as follows:-
4 v 13
5 v 12
6 v 11
7 v 10
8 v 9

Then in quarters it would be the team who finished first v the highest seed left etc

This will continue to the final.

In the knock outs the games will have a one week deadline so will take no longer to complete.

This will give all clans a chance to win the knock out part as well.

Any questions regarding any of the above please let me know

Bump
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
15:55 Tue 22 Mar 16 (GMT)  [Link]  
*** Playoffs ***

Was this mentioned at the beginning of the season? It feels like the league itself was just a complete waste of time and pretty much rendered useless if ALL teams don't have to try to Qualify but are guaranteed a place anyway regardless of their final league position.

I like the idea where all teams are now in the running and have the possibility to win the SL overall now but a team finishing mid table hasn't deserved that accolade IMO.

Just makes the whole league itself seem pointless and unnecessary.

Sorry I find it all a bit ridiculous, our sides focus and aim all season was to better last season's disappointment for failing to make the Playoffs now this. Everyone qualifies.

At least with the qualification process it gave every team a target to achieve or aspire to reach.

Had we been aware of this ending process then we could have not tried to win throughout the season and just applied effort in the Playoffs themselves.
faust
faust
16:20 Tue 22 Mar 16 (GMT)  [Link]  

Was this mentioned at the beginning of the season? It feels like the league itself was just a complete waste of time and pretty much rendered useless if ALL teams don't have to try to Qualify but are guaranteed a place anyway regardless of their final league position.

I like the idea where all teams are now in the running and have the possibility to win the SL overall now but a team finishing mid table hasn't deserved that accolade IMO.

Just makes the whole league itself seem pointless and unnecessary.

Sorry I find it all a bit ridiculous, our sides focus and aim all season was to better last season's disappointment for failing to make the Playoffs now this. Everyone qualifies.

At least with the qualification process it gave every team a target to achieve or aspire to reach.

Had we been aware of this ending process then we could have not tried to win throughout the season and just applied effort in the Playoffs themselves.

If winning a cup based on unpredictability is that important to you, then something is sorely wrong. Your efforts in the league are rewarded with the SL League Leaders shield. It's no more or less prestigious then the knock out winners - it's just an extra opportunity for a team that hasn't won anything yet to win something. Nothing to get worked up about. I don't enjoy the SL at all, but I like the fact that any team can still win the knock out. Gives all teams something to play for.
buckjam
buckjam
16:26 Tue 22 Mar 16 (GMT)  [Link]  
I know you don't live in America or Canada. Most of the sports including soccer are finished this way.The league winners are celebrated and then they have the playoffs which includes the to 8 teams. Most of the time the top 3 decide the winner but it's another competition and it's good for all concerned. It does not affect or cast doubt on the league winners at all.

Fantastic idea. Another opportunity to play my team C players. Might sub Seb in with them
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
16:30 Tue 22 Mar 16 (GMT)  [Link]  
Rubbish if all three if your sides were sitting nicely in 1st, 2nd and 3rd you'd be up in flames as much as anyone else.

Cut your crap, the reason you dislike it is due to the short format and you know you're sides aren't all they're cracked up to be over such short games. You dislike that fact and now preach you wouldn't begrudge any of them winning outright. You're so full of nonsense.
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
16:33 Tue 22 Mar 16 (GMT)  [Link]  
I know you don't live in America or Canada. Most of the sports including soccer are finished this way.The league winners are celebrated and then they have the playoffs which includes the to 8 teams. Most of the time the top 3 decide the winner but it's another competition and it's good for all concerned. It does not affect or cast doubt on the league winners at all.

Fantastic idea. Another opportunity to play my team C players. Might sub Seb in with them

I don't have any issue with the format and yeah it's like the NHL Playoffs or NFL but my problem is why wasn't this mentioned at the beginning. I agree it's a good idea and will give everyone the opportunity to further their seasons but to amend the usual ending at the end is just wrong.
faust
faust
17:01 Tue 22 Mar 16 (GMT)  [Link]  
Rubbish if all three if your sides were sitting nicely in 1st, 2nd and 3rd you'd be up in flames as much as anyone else.

Cut your crap, the reason you dislike it is due to the short format and you know you're sides aren't all they're cracked up to be over such short games. You dislike that fact and now preach you wouldn't begrudge any of them winning outright. You're so full of nonsense.

Are you for real? Do you read anyone's posts but your own? I was singing the same tune at the start of last season before we won it. I was banging on pre-season about it, and I've been nothing but consistent! You're such a pathetic little glory hunter that has spent the past 3 years of your life desperately trying and failing to win something, that it's clouding your already limited judgement.

Our sides that apparently "aren't all they're cracked up to be over such short games" have just won the latest short format league with 3 games spare. One of our sides could easily finish 1st in the SL too. You don't half spurt out some cretinous bile. Just because you have yet again failed monumentally as a captain and as a person, don't try and take it out on sides like DFE and FPD by trying to take away their chances of a 2d trophy!

*Edit* I may do a rare edit if your rant was at bucky rather than me!

Edited at 15:04 Tue 22/03/16 (GMT)
buckjam
buckjam
17:13 Tue 22 Mar 16 (GMT)  [Link]  
Better not have been. I'm nothing but nice
buckjam
buckjam
17:26 Tue 22 Mar 16 (GMT)  [Link]  
I understand where your coming from Ash but IF you win the SL and top the league you have won. That cannot be descredited. If you come 2nd 3rd or 4th you did not win it. The playoffs give you another bite at the cherry regardless of how many teams are entered. The fact that you came 1st or 2nd means that you will still have a better chance than most to win again in the same comp but different trophy. I believe you are a trophy hunter. For what other reason would we put all this effort in? That's easy to say by someone that 9 times out of ten wins them all. Nah I'm here for fun but would like a trophy for my team. Not going to lose sleep though if I dont
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
17:43 Tue 22 Mar 16 (GMT)  [Link]  
Maybe I am a trophy hunter, maybe I want my teams efforts to be acknowledged and what better way than to say we won something. Me as their Captain or whatever the recognition will fully go too the players and their efforts. IF I'm still deemed to be a failure after three years then as much as I dislike those words or accusations I won't lose any sleep over them. My team know and appreciate my efforts and I try to be as fair with team selections as possible too. IF they are unhappy then they can let me know and maybe I'll stand down but I still try my best.

I'm a champion for total fairness and equality and if that means every team playing on a level playing field then fantastic. What I do not appreciate is rules or processes altered just when the usual end (original Playoffs) are nigh.

I like the proposed change/adaptation but surely it should be implemented as next seasons finale than this current one?
Pages: 16667
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Super League IX - News

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Super League and The Players Championship.
Back to Forum List.