League Discussion Thread..

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 134
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
15:50 Wed 8 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
so people know i have deleted my yolasite as i believe Jay has everything (most was in google docs so message me and ill send it over), to prevent confusion between websites.

from now on please use the website Jay and Jem have provided which can be found on there about me.

Thanks
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
15:53 Wed 8 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Yes, but if you have a hard cutoff, then there's trouble.
If we say the cutoff is 14/16 games and then only 3 clan make it, do we refuse everyone else?

The only real guideline I can think of is how many defaults you are allowed to lose before you are not allowed into the league.
So if a team loses more than 2 defaults, they don't make it or something.
Apart from that, it has to be a gray area.
doubted2
doubted2
16:00 Wed 8 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
seb all im saying is it looks like it dosnt matter what yo do

it wall be decided around a chat and not a criteria thts all
eemad
eemad
16:10 Wed 8 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Taken me a while to notice this but why is this league so out of sync with the other league? Surely common sense would have prevailed by running them along side each other.

The main problem is players changing teams. If one player is moving from one clan to another in this league then usually they also change clans in the other league. However with this completely messed up currently, players are moving in this transfer window then clan captains not happy as they are still playing in FBL and technically, the captain from the other team can't name them moving teams for the FBL league due to the rules (Yes I know captains can give permission etc) but it's still a complete farce.

Why you have given such a short space of time between seasons is beyond me too!

I think the runners from both leagues need to communicate more as it is just a complete mess from my point of view in this aspect.

Sorry if this has already been discussed, I just need to rant about it and I can't be bothered looking through 100's of posts.
doubted2
doubted2
16:19 Wed 8 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
well your not wrong ...
it has been pointed out

FCL and FBL always have breaks but this season is to be differant, i dont know if there is competition between the leagues

but for clan captains it a total mess, a delay of 2 to 3 weeks in FCL, wouldve had them both running in sync hardly unreasonable and very practicle

its not like anyone can say we didnt know
its on the forums ,
FBL finishes a week sunday
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
17:04 Wed 8 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
This is whats happening on snooker for next season:

-Incomplete games: If one player has been banned, removed from the clan, or left the clan, the game can be abandoned and restarted at 0-0 with a sub. Both captains must agree to this.

-Banned players after completing a game: If we have a good indication that a player has been banned for having duplicate accounts, the score will not stand, the clan gets to make a sub to get the game played (both captains have to agree). If it doesn't, defaults will be done as if the player was offline until the time of the sub.

additionally please check FBL discussion and read:

http://www.funkypool.com/thread/17382/fbl-discussion-and-news-thread/96

its up to you Jay if you want to act on it but multi accounts do need sorting
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
17:06 Wed 8 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
lol dgen, you know you're gonna get smacked with the "stop talking about snooker" argument soon
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
17:08 Wed 8 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
@ damien

yeah i agree, i am sure Jay and Dex was talking about running the leagues together before Dex deactivated couple of times. I am not sure if Jay and Sarah are in talking terms but it would be better if league was run side by side.

it would be better for the leagues to be run side by side as you don't get confused with deadlines etc

at the same time Jay has already prepared a schedule and i think he wants to stick at it.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
17:09 Wed 8 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
whocares8x8 said:
lol dgen, you know you're gonna get smacked with the "stop talking about snooker" argument soon

ah well its worth it if it makes the league better
doubted2
doubted2
17:21 Wed 8 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
does it matter whether jay and sarah are talking or not

its there in black and white

and its called common sense, leagues running together
and FBL didnt have an option ,, did it ?????

it already had 2 weeks still to play,, so it can only be FCL carnt it,
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:11 Wed 8 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
The two leagues are seperate entities, they do not have to run side by side. As convenient as it would be to run them side by side, people would have complained the gap between seasons for FCL would have been too long. But as usual damned if we do, damned if we don't.

Jay spoke about it with Dextr but he deactivated before anything was sorted, when Sarah took over, Jay and her never got around to arranging it, we have a schedule now and we are not changing it, its too late, but maybe we can sort next season better.

With regards to the criteria for entering season 16, all clans playing in the pre seasons must aim to complete ALL their games as a clan would in normal fixtures. Any games not played will be treated like a default between Jay, Keith and myself and on this basis we will make a decision on whether a clan enters the league or not. This should be done behind closed doors so we do not get everyones opinions on if or why a clan has been allowed into the league.
doubted2
doubted2
18:28 Wed 8 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
no your right jem they dont have to

but with a bit of communication it wouldve been helpful and there has always been a gap for as many seasons as i remember this has to be the quickest turn round in FCL history

and as its the first time jay has done this i hardly think dammed if u do dammed if you dont is apt do you

and as far as dex is concerned he has been away from FBL for somtime

never mind ... i said it wouldve been helpful not just to me but im sure a few teams
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
19:20 Wed 8 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
i just thought of something about the friendlies, when potty ran FCL they let a clan friendly go on if clans wished it long as it was played with clan league rules and guidelines then they could use that to prove reliability for the league.

not sure what jay thinks but thought id post about it anyway
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
23:32 Wed 8 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
I understand it would be helpful that is why at the time when dextr was head runner for FBL we had a chat about it, unfortunatly myself and Sarah have not spoken about it for this season as by that time i had made up a schedule and people knew what it was.

I am reluctant to change the schedule now though as it was planned to make the FCL break not so long as many people complained about it. I could cancel the start date (4th of March) and talk to Sarah about it all and see if we could sort something out, but as Jem said i would be damned if i do and damned if i dont because some people would agree and then others would just get on my back about it.

I think this should be done next season though whether im in charge of FCL at the time or not i think it needs to be done.
doubted2
doubted2
02:14 Thu 9 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
well lets just hope that FCL and FBL can sort it

now with the introduction of another league
its becomming a joke

bluenose1872
bluenose1872
02:17 Thu 9 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Hopefully we can sort it out for next season, i plan on being here the rest of the new season but im not sure what i want to do after this season, so me and Sarah can have a chat about it when ever she has the time really and we will see what we can do
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
07:17 Thu 9 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
[B][U]Individual League[/B][/U]

This needs to be sorted out before the season starts.

Ant gave me an idea and i was meant to post it to see what response it got but i been raking through my messages and i can't find it at all, it is there im sure but i will keep looking.

I personally think it should stay the same as it is as we have brought in the Players Championship for next season, change is good i agree but to much change may be to much in the one go. So right now i think it should stay the same whether you agree or not it is up to you.

On another note due to the reason above about messages, if you are going to message me offline then can you please put a heading on it related to the subject and keep using that specific message box to approach me about things for example Seb last season sent me the first set of team lists with a Team List heading or something and through the whole season he used that one, keeps it easy for me and means i can keep my inbox organised and stuff, dont think that is to much to ask thanks people [:)]
doubted2
doubted2
09:37 Thu 9 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
ive said all along about the individual singles is keep it the same ,, just have fixtures to keep it going
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
10:30 Thu 9 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
I seen what you put mate, but like most things on here a topic sticks out then gets resolved and others are forgotton so thought i should bring it up as it randomly popped into my head. Explain what you mean with the fixture side of it though?
doubted2
doubted2
10:39 Thu 9 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
instead of ppl playing when they want and very few games get played

put them into fixtures say 2 or a week so they do get played and interest keeps going

rather than the usual get 10 played straight away nd everyone gives up
Pages: 134
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

League Discussion Thread..

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.