League Discussion Thread..

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 19293
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:40 Fri 4 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Loophole I think needs closing is this co-captain thing we have now.
co-captains need to have the season's experience too as the captain with the experience could drop out early on and leave us with someone with no experience in charge.
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
10:21 Fri 4 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
I think the transfer rule had its ups and downs in the season going on just now. Many found it confusing and not very useful, and then many players found it as a get out of jail card to annoy people. I think the no transfers during a season would be more effective like it was before as it would stop the nonsense.

The schedule will be a bit over the place as you have rightly pointed out Lee that the FBL with have more teams, as one or two want FBL only example being Fighting Eagles. I have been speaking to Sarah and hopefully we can work out a similar schedule. I think the way it worked this season with the deadline one week then the other the next was a good thing in a way as it gave each team a priority league each week.

Your thing about the co-captain thing has been mentioned before i think? I was thinking about this the other day and i do agree with what you have said, it does need to be done in my opinion, so that will be implemented onto the website soon to
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:18 Fri 4 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
There are also clans in the FCL who will not be joining the FBL also, for example UT. At least for a season or 2 anyway.
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
14:07 Fri 4 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
I think the transfer rule had its ups and downs in the season going on just now. Many found it confusing and not very useful, and then many players found it as a get out of jail card to annoy people. I think the no transfers during a season would be more effective like it was before as it would stop the nonsense.
Maybe I just missed it, but were there cases of "nonsense" this season? (message if you don't want to name on thread)

With either system, there's a downside. But I think it's worse if players are released early and then have to wait for 2-3 months.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
14:27 Fri 4 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
yup i don't have a problem with transfers in general, i did have a problem if people deactivated after using that transfer. i don't mind either system
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:36 Fri 4 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Personally I think ali carter should win the world snooker championship labour should win the next general election and aliens should rule America as let's face it they couldn't do a worse job than the last two presidents ....... Oh sorry just realised this is league discussion thread :-(
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:24 Fri 4 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
lee i think the problem this season is clans have done great to get clan games done working to deadlines

but with FBL , FCL and SPL its to many games i think thats been the problem

but applause to all clans for getting as many games done, im not sure about FCL but defaults are massively down in FBL with no teams folding (as yet) and no major debates on league discussion

so overall well done to all.

the biggest problem i forsee isnt wether the FCL moves on first its clans trying to sort teams to play in 3 leagues.

once over there was a gap of maybe 4 to 6 weeks
now its to turn them round asap

we will release schedule thursday new games and rules will need to be worked on ....

some exciting things for FBL nxt season

Edited at 13:30 Fri 04/05/12 (BST)
blueberry
blueberry
18:26 Fri 4 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Oh I like excitement Craig, I hope all is above board

I also am interested in the alien comment Matty, lets keep it Funky
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:49 Fri 4 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
There are also clans in the FCL who will not be joining the FBL also, for example UT. At least for a season or 2 anyway.

UT lasting 2 seasons?..
forever the optimist mich
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:49 Fri 4 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
AY!
We have only had 1 banned so far!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:56 Fri 4 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Just seen who lol we're still keeping the transfer fee!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:16 Fri 4 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Rick your beginning to do my head in now, Seb's post is the reason it says at league runners discretion, im sure you would feel hard done by if you got kicked out by a captain and could not play in the rest of the season because or something you could not control.

jay you do my head in always have a little claw in the rules
well i would not stop a player playing for any reason
i would not kick a player out because he as a voice of opinion like the rest have
the only time i would kick a player out if he was not played a game in half a season
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
03:31 Sat 5 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
I'm glad i do your head in, that was my main goal in life.

It is funny how i don't do your head in when you actually want something though isn't it
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
05:36 Sat 5 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
About defaults: FCL has had minimal defaults. Before the last set only 2 league games were unplayed and they were both partial played (8 overall in both leagues, but clans folding and players starting to move might've caused that disruption). Which is 8 defaults 299 played (approx, due to clan withdrawing) 2.7% default ratio

I think the cup was similar but can't see the figures there to be sure.

FSL has had 3 defaults all season, both Fighting Eagles games under a week deadline. That's 270 games played without default, then 299 played with 3 defaults 1% of games going to default is within an acceptable level I would say.

FBL is on 12 defaults out of 350 games, which again is low (3.4% default ratio)

I don't think there is too much to play, It seem's to be a nice balance of games as long as clans only play in the leagues they want to and don't feel the need to play in all of them (MVP, Eagles, etc).

They're all great figures, that's the sort of level they should be at. Maintain that at a low level and you won't need to bother with changing clan size's game lengths and all that stuff that's been tweaked nearly every season.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:49 Sat 5 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
I'm glad i do your head in, that was my main goal in life.

It is funny how i don't do your head in when you actually want something though isn't it

jay grow up your a league runner so who else you going to ask
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
01:45 Sun 6 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Im perfectly grown up thank you very much. If you even had an ounce of commen sense you would have known the first part was sarcasm at its highest and the second part was a joke hense the "" at the end.
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
01:52 Sun 6 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Zante thanks for posting the above, i think every league has done a great job. FBL have had there lowest defaults in the three or four seasons they have been going and the FCL i think just recorded its lowest ever default count. Obviously FCL and FBL are the big leagues with a hell of a lot of games to be played and it is always down to the players and teams to get games played, so even if there was huge defaults at the end of a season it can not really be the leagues fault. Even when teams where fighting for last place and so on they still knuckled down and played the games when many would have gave up and not bothered.

I think the changing of the transfer rule is a must to in some ways as yeah it did work in the season like i thought it would but then again it is very easy for a player to partially play a game which they could be losing then decide to leave and join somewhere else, there for the game goes to default because no one can sub in to play it.

Clan size won't be increased again as some think its just right and others think it is still to high, the main reason i increased it was to help with games and stuff and i think the 8 defaults in a season says that it worked.

I still want to change the transfer rule and it has had some decent feedback on it so far, either on here or in private message.
horse10000
horse10000
01:58 Sun 6 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Why are you wanting to change a transfer rule that worked apart from one instant and only then it was the website that caused the problem?

The reason it was created was invoked a couple of times this season and it meant players could move to other teams then play for them which helps to cut down on defaults.

Sorry but changing to no transfers means people sitting out most of the season, how is this progress from what we have had?
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
02:02 Sun 6 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
I want to change the rule, im also wanting feedback on whether i should or not.

Keith if you read my bit above please, stating that in ways it doesnt even help defaults as a player can partially play a game and just leave to join a new clan if they are losing. With no subs being allowed in partially played games the above could and has happened.

The no transfer rule during a season worked in season 15 though, players where thinking more before making a harsh decision. Just like the rule in place now they could re join that team if they felt they made a bad decision.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:52 Sun 6 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
i think the way you look at subs jay is right,,, i still think players can run away far to easily either by having there heads turned,,,, or simply destabalising clans and that has happened this season . we kept with captains permission this season, it also worked so keiths stance isnt totally accurate ....

it has worked both ways, but players simply wanting to jump ship should not be promoted,, the season dosnt last long and again captains permission can still be granted i havnt seen many arguments either way FBL will be keeping the rule the same this comming season
Pages: 19293
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

League Discussion Thread..

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.